Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

Oh Itagaki, how i've missed you! Haha

It's incredible how the dude feels the need to talk shit about Kamiya at every turn, laser eye surgery? so petty.

• 2 months later...

I just cracked up when I heard about this game getting an option that will let you play the game with one hand (true story apparently). With the loads of nudity in the game they probable made it with intentions of a "wankers mode" XD

the game looks awesome so far.

Oh Itagaki, how i've missed you! Haha

It's incredible how the dude feels the need to talk shit about Kamiya at every turn, laser eye surgery? so petty.

It all started in an issue of EGM where they went around interviewing a bunch of Japanese developers. Kamiya said that he was annoyed that no one else had done anything new in the hack 'n slash genre, and then proceeded to admit that he hadn't even tried either of Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden games. Considering that I personally think Ninja Gaiden II is a lot better than DMC*, I think Kamiya is the one more full of himself.

*The enemies in DMC are basically punching bags, whereas they actually fight back very well in Ninja Gaiden II.

My God....She is like a thousand fetishes in one character.

At this point Phos, I think he has every right to be full of himself when it comes to this genre of games since he basically invented stylistic melee games. Especially since this game seems like a hit already.

Since playing Ninja Gaiden II, I've cooled on the DMC games. If you ignore their flashiness, they're really pretty shallow games. Outside of a boss fight, the only reason to vary your strategy is for the sake of that score multiplier thing. In Ninja Gaiden, you vary your strategy because different enemies have to be taken on in different ways, and the same enemies will often behave differently based on the situation.

I think it's rather telling that this game was able to be played with two buttons and no input on the stick. Even knowing that this was on Easy/Auto mode, the enemies still did so little that the player didn't have to do anything outside of mashing the attack buttons.

Difficulty is set to the retard easy one too, so easy automativ mode isn't really indicative of anything other then easy automatic mode. It'd be a bit shit the enemies still raped you on easy mode, and tbh defeat the purpose of easy mode

Anyone else think the protagonist looks like Sarah Palin?
I really don't see the resemblance apart from the glasses.

and as aside to the ninja gaiden vs. DMC mode, i really don't get what you mean with the "ninja gaiden enemies have to be tackled a different way" you can basically just charge into any fight in the game, and beat each enemy with the same combo. the only thing that varies in NG is how you defend, but that applies to DMC 1 and 3 as well, IMO

In other words Phos was playing on Hard mode when he faced off against the beastly enemies, because if you play NG on freakin easy or normal I swear you can run through it with ease. Well until the final boss....

In other news, I've been keeping an eye on this game and well it's shaping up to be a good action title that I might be getting around it's launch.

Edited by Black suit Shadic

For the first level, yeah. After that you'll be surrounded and killed to pieces. You have to actually react to your enemies because they all have two or more (usually more) attacks at their disposal.
That's the same as DMC. Kind of. Both games have their own differant style of enemy, I suppose the NG ones are more aggressive, though, even they aren't particularly smart. NG2's diffculty comes from that that in any given fight you have to dodge 1000 fucking rockets, arrows, lasers, bullets and shuriken in any given fight in the game. Itagaki is a cunt.

Your combo in NG still doesn't particularly matter though, it's all about how you defend. (whicha gain, applies to DMC as well.)

If you ignore their flashiness, they're really pretty shallow games.

Umm isn't that the whole idea of these kind of games? Flash? Absurd combos? I remind you that Kamiya made the first DMC and Ninja Gaiden came much later. So in Kamiya's defense, he could have done more with the input in the later games. Plus the fact that Ninja Gaiden is a later gen game then the original DMC only solidifies that Kamiya could have put more into the game if he had a base to rip off of like Ninja Gaiden had with DMC. Now Kamiya has Bayonetta which is by far the most creative beat 'em up I've seen since God of War. You can't necessary say that this game has any of the flaws as the first DMC.

If you ignore their flashiness, they're really pretty shallow games.

If you ignore the flashiness, there's no point in enjoying the game. DMC's gameplay was made for you to be as cool as possible while fighting you're enemies, and the whole point is to show off by timing off each combo after another and get the highest grade (SSS) possible. Hence how DMC started the Stylish Action genre that other games started to follow.

And while the enemies where essentially punching bags, they made up for that by swarming you a lot more than they do in NG and to the point where atleast ONE enemy is going to get a hit off of you and completely break the combo you were going for and you'll have to try again while keeping a close eye on which enemy may score a hit and break your combo again.

On the subject of Bayonetta, I'm wondering how the heck we'll be able to do all the things she's does in the trailers. Are we going to have a similar RSGT system like they did in DMC, or are they going to blow us away with something better? :D

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

On the subject of Bayonetta, I'm wondering how the heck we'll be able to do all the things she's does in the trailers. Are we going to have a similar RSGT system like they did in DMC, or are they going to blow us away with something better? biggrin.gif
The bigass magic moves are mostly QTE finishers, I think.

[quote name='Br

That would be...disappointing. QTE's are by far the lamest form of "gameplay" I've ever known. I really hope we don't have QTE's.

Well, the alternative would be sitting back and watching the attack cutscene unfold, no? I'm all for adding some sort of user input into sequences that can't be recreated using the game's standard controls, even if it's just mashing X to increase the base damage. As long as it doesn't become a nuisance, that is.

Well.......only took 5 pages to find 1 piece of Bayonetta Hentai. That was......fast :|.

5 pages is actually a lot

Well, the alternative would be sitting back and watching the attack cutscene unfold, no?

Or you could use a system similar to the RSGT system so that you can actually play the game. Much better than a lame QTE sequence on the screen that doesn't give the same feeling as you would when pressing the buttons during the actual gameplay to do a finisher.

I have no idea what an RSGT system or whatever system is but i cant exactly think of an eaiser way to make the playing summon a giant hellhound, boot or guillotine made of hair to crush the enemy other then a QTE.

its not like the whole game is QTEs either- you'll have to beat the shit out of them before you have that opportunity to finish (like NG2, perhaps?)

Well, the alternative would be sitting back and watching the attack cutscene unfold, no?

No one had a problem with that back in MvC 2. Actually, most of the length of the attack cut scene is taken up by the attack boosting (What you mashing of the button does) - it goes into slow mo while the prompts are on screen. If the attack played out at regular speed, there would be no need for the QTE.

I have no idea what an RSGT system or whatever system is but i cant exactly think of an eaiser way to make the playing summon a giant hellhound, boot or guillotine made of hair to crush the enemy other then a QTE.

Make it part of a combo. As far as I can tell, that's what they were before they added the button mashing to them. You can see a few of them here. This game looked a lot better before they added the button mashing sequences, because throwing so much slow motion into what is supposed to be a fast paced action game looks like it hurts the experience to me.

I can think of a few other ways but they're a little hard to explain here.

I also think it's kind of funny that the button mashing sequences describe the strength of Bayonetta's attacks in terms of Mega tonnes. Do they seriously expect me to suspend disbelief that her magic hair iron maiden shuts with the same amount of force as the detonation of 100,000 tons of TNT?

Do they seriously expect me to suspend disbelief that her magic hair iron maiden shuts with the same amount of force as the detonation of 100,000 tons of TNT?
DO THEY SERIOUSLY EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE SHE CAN MAKE A MAGIC HAIR IRON MAIDEN!?

this game sucks! but i do like the few seconds of gameplay footage they show here

as for the rest of the argument, why is pressing buttons such a band thing in an action game? I'm not sure what you're on about: recent trailers show it being very fast indeed, and the slow motion only seems to happen if you do the parries, and even that leads into one of those finishers.

and as an aside, having the witch moves be part of a combo would be the most ridiculously goofy dial a combo shit ever.

DO THEY SERIOUSLY EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE SHE CAN MAKE A MAGIC HAIR IRON MAIDEN!?

It would be like an atomic bomb going off.

Perhaps the slow motion Torture Finishers only happens on easy mode?

as for the rest of the argument, why is pressing buttons such a band thing in an action game?

Actually, the problem I have with it it that they put the button on the screen.

[quote name='Br