Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

R - RoyalGuard

S - SwordMaster

G - Gunslinger

T - Trickster

I was just abbreviating the modes you could use in DMC.

The modes you can use in DMC4 And of these the only one you need to use in Royal Guard, and Gunslinger is useless.

GREAT SYSTEM

IMO it was done better in DMC3 anyway.

Can it be done as part of a combo? A lot of DMC's more powerful moves didn't exactly have any QTEs in them, and they seem to manage just fine.
Pretty sure DMC didn't have any moves on the level of creating a dragon made of hair or, a gigantic hair iron maiden.

The ludicrous nature of these moves is what makes them hard to fit into a regular combo. Hence the QTEs

Actually, the problem I have with it it that they put the button on the screen.
The alternative would be to just have the attack happen? that'd be a tad boring.

[quote name='Br

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Have you seen bayonetta in action? This isn't just some goofy ass QTE game like GoW or Ninja Blade, you've got the wrong idea completely

[quote name='Br

Oh yes, I've seen her in videos such as the boss gameplay one where she finishes off the boss with the dragon. I'm still not too excited with it than I used to be from the QTEs, though that doesn't mean I won't have fun with the game as a whole.
and if you paid attention to the rest of the video you'd see what looks like the most imaginative action game play we've seen in years. Who gives a shit about some QTE finishers when you're fighting midair atop a clock falling from the sky, shit looks to rock regardless of finisher content.

Kamiya has a flawless gaming track record, I see no reason to doubt this.

Im with Bromz on this. I see no reason to doubt Kamiya in his own genre. Plus, just look at the game. This has to be the most absurd combination in the history games. Truly from the twisted mind of Kamiya.

[quote name='Br

Umm, I do, because I feel the QTE finishers may lessen the experience for me.
So instead you'd rather the game automatically do these finshers as you combo or for them to not be in there at all? whatever, I give up.

[quote name='Br

I'd rather there be a way where I do the finisher without the QTEs and part of the combo instead.
Dial a combo finishers would most definitely be a step back from the system they have now, and even more devoid of skill.

[quote name='Br

Surprisingly, I don't feel that way with Resident Evil 5.
well well, if they're anything like the melee QTEs in RE4 (which they look like, also (man RE5 sucked ass)) We won't have a problem then will we? :D

[quote name='Br

I don't think intresting just YOU or having you not play them is exactly a good example to prove his track record otherwise, Phos. It's gotta be way more than that.

I don't think intresting just YOU or having you not play them is exactly a good example to prove his track record otherwise, Phos. It's gotta be way more than that.

You're reading too much into it.

Just because you haven't played his games doesn't change their quality.

Gyakuten Saiban 3, is Ace Attourney, or Phoenix Wright 3 by the way.

You're reading too much into it.

How am I reading too much into it when that's exactly what you were saying?

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, really? Page 3?

Demo is on Japanese Xbox Live and Japanese PSN. It's really good. It has a dodge move that works, a first for Kamiya as far as I know.

The Xbox Live demo is Gold only right now, so unless you still have some unused Gold accounts on your 360, you'll probably have to wait. The PSN one works just fine though.

Edited by Phos

I've got the 360 demo queued up for DL when I get home, can't wait.

early impressions are that it fucking //rocks// so I will say a "told you so."

I've got the 360 demo queued up for DL when I get home, can't wait.

early impressions are that it fucking //rocks// so I will say a "told you so."

Wait, is it on the PAL region Xbox live or do you have a gold Japanese account? I'm somewhat confused.

Wait, is it on the PAL region Xbox live or do you have a gold Japanese account? I'm somewhat confused.

I have access to a japanese account, yeah.

http://www.seganerds.com/2009/10/08/bayonetta-demo-360-vs-ps3-screens/

Wow those are some blurry textures on the PS3 version. It's also hilarious how they tried to make up for it with a grain filter. Sega really should have made an effort to develop the version in parallel rather then cramming the port into the last six or so months.

Now I'm a bit more annoyed with Sega's decision to sit on the US version for a few months.