Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

To my knowledge, Sega just picked up the rights to 4 Platinum Games tittles (with Bayonetta being the 3rd). Of course they would be foolish to not try and extend this partnership. It has worked out well for both sides.

As for a Sonic tittle, I almost expected one after MadWorld failed to do significant damage in the box office. Platinum has made high quality games that fail to sell, the obvious solution would be to hand them a franchise that needs the quality but will sell regardless.

I can't imagine Bayonetta not selling though. That game will pretty much bust my Sonic to Platinum theory.

Sega still has some talented developers laying around though. Can you imagine a Sonic game on Val Chronicles CANVUS engine? That would be insane. (nothing against the awesomeness of the new Hedgehog Engine)

The kind of games that Sega wow and Platinum have made don't give me much faith that they would be able to do much better than Sonic Team. Then again, Naka did come from just programming Phantasy Star... But I've also hear that he coded the engine that ran a bunch of AM2's games, such games as Outrun and Afterburner. If Bizzare Creations was still working with Sega, I'd say that they would be a good choice. AM2 is obviously high on my list as well.

I'm also pretty sure that the deal between Sega and Platinum is a long term deal. I'm pretty sure Sega owns them in partnat least.

Ok, I just beat the game so here's a quick synopsis with minimal spoilers.

It's been said a hundred times before but it must be said again, this game is insanely fluid and entertaining. This is easily the best action game of the decade IMO. It's rather difficult but very fair and forgiving, I died about 4 - 5 times in each chapter but checkpoints are everywhere, even within the long epic boss fights. Overall it truly feels like Kamiya's love letter to his devoted fans and his new buds at Sega, there are so many fanservice moments I could do a whole report just on those.

I'll try not to spoil anything but the plot gets pretty convoluted towards the end but hopefully a sequel with explain things a bit better. As for the PS3 port while the load times are annoying at times they don't appear very often in gameplay(like when you pick up a item for the first time) and the longer ones between areas let you practice combos to pass the time. The graphical downgrade also isn't that noticeable unless you're already familiar with the 360 version.

tl;dr- It's an acid trip of awesomeness that not even a sub-par port could ruin. Get it now.

From what I have played of the demo I really want the full game. It is a lot better than DMC4 at least. The combat is weird but really fun, because your hair can turn into a fist and foot to stomp and pound the enimies to dust. The doging is cool becuase if you time it just right you can slow down time then go woop ass on hordes of enimies. Cool game want full version.

I'm now extremely disappointed :(It appears that Play.com have run out of Climax Editions of the Xbox360 version. For fucks sake, I'd saved up money for that.

Does anyone know if there are any other special editions worth getting? :/ or anywhere else that I can get the Climax Edition?

The Climax Edition was Play.com exclusive. Why didn't you order it earlier? You don't get charged on pre-orders until the product is dispatched. So seeing as the Climax Edition is a no-no, you can order the game from various other places, such as Gameplay, GAME and GameStation to get a free model of Scarborough Fair. I really want that model, but opted for the Climax Edition instead. Hopefully one will show up on eBay that I'll be able to buy.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm now extremely disappointed :(It appears that Play.com have run out of Climax Editions of the Xbox360 version. For fucks sake, I'd saved up money for that.

Does anyone know if there are any other special editions worth getting? :/ or anywhere else that I can get the Climax Edition?

I'm glad I got in earlier on 1st Jan but I ordered the PS3 version. I was going to get the Xbox 360 version too from GAME to get the gun too but I didn't bother as I'm not too fussed about the gun.

The Climax Edition was a Play.com exclusive, GAME have the gun and HMV have a DVD.

Oh looks like GAME aren't listing the game with the gun anymore for either version. Guess they ran out.

HMV -

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=0&adultFlag=false&primaryID=0&simpleSearchString=bayonetta&btnSubmitSearch.x=0&btnSubmitSearch.y=0

I just bought the regular ol' US version from Best Buy. Picking it up tonight. I figured I had no need for the posters as I'm 25 years old living with my girlfriend, and she probably wouldn't look too kindly on Bayonetta posters hanging in the house.

She does, however, have no problem with my Sonic animation cels and Sonic action figure shelf ;)

I just bought the regular ol' US version from Best Buy. Picking it up tonight. I figured I had no need for the posters as I'm 25 years old living with my girlfriend, and she probably wouldn't look too kindly on Bayonetta posters hanging in the house.

She does, however, have no problem with my Sonic animation cels and Sonic action figure shelf ;)

You mean your girlfriend can compete with a stripping wtich who can transform into a bunch of animals using just her hair? Dude, get yourself a new girl.

Eee! Getting all excited now. I had to buy Rayman on DSiWare to bide the time. Speaking of which, go get it people. Fantastic port of the original game.

The Climax Edition was Play.com exclusive. Why didn't you order it earlier? You don't get charged on pre-orders until the product is dispatched. So seeing as the Climax Edition is a no-no, you can order the game from various other places, such as Gameplay, GAME and GameStation to get a free model of Scarborough Fair. I really want that model, but opted for the Climax Edition instead. Hopefully one will show up on eBay that I'll be able to buy.

The only reason was before Christmas I didn't have the money :/ I didn't realise you didn't get charged until dispatched...now I'm even more annoyed/disappointed D: :(

Thanks though, maybe in future I can buy the art book and soundtrack from eBay. I'm going to London on Saturday so I should be able to pick up the standard game then.

Edited by ENVY16

The only reason was before Christmas I didn't have the money :/ I didn't realise you didn't get charged until dispatched...now I'm even more annoyed/disappointed D: :(

Thanks though, maybe in future I can buy the art book and soundtrack from eBay. I'm going to London on Saturday so I should be able to pick up the standard game then.

It would appear that everywhere that was offering a gun is also out of stock, so you may as well pick it up in person now. Just for future reference, it's a general rule of thumb that retailers don't charge you until orders are shipped. Should they go out of business beforehand or oversell limited supplies then there'll be trouble.

That pics hot :lol:

I'm a happy bunny, the post man has just delivered my PS3 version Climax Edition from Play.com a day early before release :D

Another hot pic just released by Platinum:

b_illust_xmas.jpg

While I am saddened by the lack of bonuses for the US (posters are not proper bonuses, IMO), I am very intrigued by the recent announcement of a massive Bayonetta art book:

http://platinumgames.com/2010/01/07/announcing-a-bit-early-a-collection-of-bayonetta-design-artifacts/

Hello everyone. Character designer Mari Shimazaki here with some good news.

It has been something like two months since Bayonetta saw release in Japan. For those of you still playing Bayonetta, or those of you taking a little break, we’ve still got more Bayonetta to give you, so stay with us just a bit longer.

Which brings me to today’s announcement.

As Hashimoto-san mentioned on the Xbox Live Park broadcast here in Japan, we are going to put out a book collecting the design materials we used for Bayonetta. Woohoo!

It will be a little while until it’s released, but here are the details:

Bayonetta Design Collection (Temporary Title)

Release Date: Q1 2010 (Planned)

Price: TBD

Publisher: Enterbrain

It’s going to be a really thick book, as we are going to include almost all of the images we’ve used in promoting Bayonetta! (We were unable to get rights clearances for a few of them…)

Japanese gamers will get a chance to see art that we’ve only released in the West (which there were quite a few we made behind the scenes), as well as peeks at unreleased character, enemy, background, and weapon designs. There will also be CG illustrations and some new easter-egg illustrations (that I’m working on right now) amongst others. Overall, there will be more than 500 pieces of content to sink your teeth into! There will also be tons of comments from the development team (which they are working on now) to round out this monster collection! Look forward to it!

Whenever I end up working on one of these expansive books, I always end up feeling like, “This is sad. I have to show off all of these designs that got shot down… And they are from years ago as well.”

Even though I love looking at others people’s stuff… this poses a real dilemna for me.

Well, enough of my grumbling, I’m going to stay focused on working on the book for now, and even though it will be a while until it is in your hands, I hope you all look forward to it.

Well, I guess the world is all wrapped up in Christmas colors now.

How did you all spend the Christmas holidays? December 25 was actually our last work day here at PlatinumGames, but I am sure plenty of us went out drinking after we wrapped up.

Until next time.

Another hot pic just released by Platinum:

b_illust_xmas.jpg

While I am saddened by the lack of bonuses for the US (posters are not proper bonuses, IMO), I am very intrigued by the recent announcement of a massive Bayonetta art book:

http://platinumgames.com/2010/01/07/announcing-a-bit-early-a-collection-of-bayonetta-design-artifacts/

Hello everyone. Character designer Mari Shimazaki here with some good news.

It has been something like two months since Bayonetta saw release in Japan. For those of you still playing Bayonetta, or those of you taking a little break, we’ve still got more Bayonetta to give you, so stay with us just a bit longer.

Which brings me to today’s announcement.

As Hashimoto-san mentioned on the Xbox Live Park broadcast here in Japan, we are going to put out a book collecting the design materials we used for Bayonetta. Woohoo!

It will be a little while until it’s released, but here are the details:

Bayonetta Design Collection (Temporary Title)

Release Date: Q1 2010 (Planned)

Price: TBD

Publisher: Enterbrain

It’s going to be a really thick book, as we are going to include almost all of the images we’ve used in promoting Bayonetta! (We were unable to get rights clearances for a few of them…)

Japanese gamers will get a chance to see art that we’ve only released in the West (which there were quite a few we made behind the scenes), as well as peeks at unreleased character, enemy, background, and weapon designs. There will also be CG illustrations and some new easter-egg illustrations (that I’m working on right now) amongst others. Overall, there will be more than 500 pieces of content to sink your teeth into! There will also be tons of comments from the development team (which they are working on now) to round out this monster collection! Look forward to it!

Whenever I end up working on one of these expansive books, I always end up feeling like, “This is sad. I have to show off all of these designs that got shot down… And they are from years ago as well.”

Even though I love looking at others people’s stuff… this poses a real dilemna for me.

Well, enough of my grumbling, I’m going to stay focused on working on the book for now, and even though it will be a while until it is in your hands, I hope you all look forward to it.

Well, I guess the world is all wrapped up in Christmas colors now.

How did you all spend the Christmas holidays? December 25 was actually our last work day here at PlatinumGames, but I am sure plenty of us went out drinking after we wrapped up.

Until next time.

Hmm... Wonder if it's any different to the art book we got in the Climax Edition here. I've looked through mine, there is a fair amount of pages and it's hard back too. Will keep my eye on this.

How many pages was the UK Climax Edition? They're saying the japanese art book sounds to be 250+ pages (500 pieces)

How many pages was the UK Climax Edition? They're saying the japanese art book sounds to be 250+ pages (500 pieces)

Oh yeah, just noticed they said that. There definitely isn't that many pages in the UK Climax Edition :lol:

There are 32 glossy pages, there is art on the front and back covers too of course and page 3 also has a message from Hideki Kamiya, Director.

Guys.

I am break dancing while shooting two machine pistols with my hands, a shotgun on one boot, and a rocketlauncher on the other everywhere while a two-headed baby-face dragon is using the church I am standing on as a neck brace.

GAME OF FOREVER.

I got it it a day early too. Will be back with full opinions later, but for now, the negatives:

Loading- it takes too long whenever you want to buy something or when skipping a cutscene.

Cutscenes- the filmstrip ones are more annoying than entertaining. It's like how SatSR had a nice concept for cutscenes, but they were executed poorly (and SatBK used the same style but did them well).

Guys.

I am break dancing while shooting two machine pistols with my hands, a shotgun on one boot, and a rocketlauncher on the other everywhere while a two-headed baby-face dragon is using the church I am standing on as a neck brace.

GAME OF FOREVER.

GODDAMMITALL. I don't know how much longer I can hold out from buying this game.