Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

Yeah, but it still got one. :)

There's only ever been 12 perfect scores, it (may) have been placed among the gaming elite already. :0

I'm still hoping the PS3 version isn't as horribly botched up as I assume it is.

Edited by Chooch

I think there's no doubt that this will definitely be one of the best games of its genre. It already reminds me of the old Devil May Cry, and is a lot more fun than Ninja Gaiden.

Modern Warfare 2.

Rumor has it this got a perfect score in Famitsu 10/10/10/10. 40/40

n19840559024_399139_8689.jpg

Kamiya FTW!

What did he get that windex for, to polish his bald head? [/itagaki]

The PS 3 version is still an excellent game. If you have an interest in this genre, and you aren't getting a 360 anytime soon, go for it.

An interesting point that one of the guys on Podtoid made about PS 3 versions of games not running as well: If the PS 3 version runs only 70% as well, and they know that, they should only charge 70% as much.

So the PS3 version got a 38/40 from Famitsu, if you wanna compare to the perfect score. Pretty damn good though.

Played the Demo at the London MCM. Very Devil May Cry only with a bit more variation. So by that I mean the combat is fun. The graphics are very nice ,very much so on the backgrounds (Look out for the Demo coming out sometime in December) the first combat stage you play is amazing. It could be repetative but from the demo you don't get much. Just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Jan 5, 2009, at least now I know how long I have to wait and avoid any spoilers.
ITT game developers acquire time machines

ITT game developers acquire time machines

Damn straight, all you need is a Delorean, plutonium, a bolt of lightning and 88 MILES PER HOUR! Cuz that's like infinity, twice.

I'm still hoping the PS3 version isn't as horribly botched up as I assume it is.

Well Famitsu did say that the PS3 version is the worse of the versions due to framerate dips. Didn't prevent it from being fun apparently though, it got a 38 as opposed to 360's 40.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this, but the SEGA fanservice in this game is incredible! If you consider SEGA references spoilers, don't continue reading.

First of all, Eggman is talked about towards the beginning of the game. Move the video 6:05 to hear it:

Listen a little more, and they start talking about him again at 6:20. Apparently, this is the only part of the game he's mentioned, so it's obviously just a little reference thrown in. Sounds like they're pretty afraid of him though!

Also move that video to 7:40, and you can see Bayonetta and that guy riding in a red convertable listening to Magical Sound Shower on the radio. Major OutRun reference!

There's a Space Harrier level!

by2023.jpg

A move called After Burner!

beyo10.jpg

There's also a move called Tetsuzankou (which is a move from Virtua Fighter)

And finally, check out the remixes of classic SEGA music from the game!

http://www.seganerds.com/2009/11/06/download-sega-classic-tunes-as-remixed-in-bayonetta/

There's remixes of Splash Wave (my favorite OutRun song!), Space Harrier, and After Burner!

• Thumbs Up 1

^ I knew about the remixes, but the rest of that is seriously awesome. Also, is Fly Me to the Moon really popular in Japan, or are these guys fans of NGE? I automatically think of Eva when I hear that song in video games or anime.

Edited by Stretchy Werewolf

Things just keep getting better for this game, thats some good fan service.

Also, Europe is getting exclusive special editions that include a fancy box, art book and sountrack -

4081462360_78e98eafc1.jpg

4081463862_27cf2f190d.jpg

I don't know if the Xbox 360 version is region locked but the PS3 version is obviously not so you U.S. fans could always import that version.

http://www.seganerds.com/2009/11/06/europe-gets-special-edition-of-bayonetta/#more-11453

I never really cared about Special Editions. The game is what makes me want to buy. I can always find the full 5-disc soundtrack on the internet anyway.

DAMN! That is a fucking sexy special edition. I've never bothered with them before either, Hero, but this something brilliant. I'm ordering this ASAP.

My interest on this game has been rather neutral so far but hot damn, the Special Edition alone looks sexy as hell and just begs to be bought. Mostly for that Art Book, being the massive art faggot that I am, if there's a special edition of a game I want that has an art book with it, I always go for that one.

Also I cant believe just now I notice that Bayonetta smashes rings out from her enemies. Damn. Sonic reference?

Edited by The Psychosomantic

The only reason I'm saying this is because I'm from the US. If I weren't, I'd be getting it in a heart beat. Not paying for an import of the inferior version especially.

My interest on this game has been rather neutral so far but hot damn, the Special Edition alone looks sexy as hell and just begs to be bought. Mostly for that Art Book, being the massive art faggot that I am, if there's a special edition of a game I want that has an art book with it, I always go for that one.

Also I cant believe just now I notice that Bayonetta smashes rings out from her enemies. Damn. Sonic reference?

Considering there's an Outrun level, probably.

I’ve been excited about this game for a long time anyway but damn I want it even more now. The special edition will be mine and it has to be the 360 version all the way. Is there any news on a Bayonetta figure? I’m sure I saw something about one possibly being made.

• 2 weeks later...

Edge Magazine gives it a 10/10, citing it as one of the best games ever made

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=227893

Eurogamer gives it a 9/10, saying it being a blast of creative genius and fun all the way through, better than Devil May Cry and God of War combined

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bayonetta-import-review

GamerSyde says it is the top of it's class, the best Beat-Em Up ever made no gamer should miss

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_review_bayonetta-8730_en.html

Well, they certainly seem to love it. A little too much even.

Famitsu gives the 360 version a perfect 40/40 and the PS3 version a 38/40 first though. Also I forget the source but some other site also gave it a 10/10, searching for that now...

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

And to put some more credit to the Edge review, they have only given perfect scores to 10 other games ever and have been around since the Nintendo 64 era.

Games Edge gave perfect 10/10's:

* Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64) - E35 (1996)

* Gran Turismo (Sony PlayStation) - E55 (1997)

* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64) - E66 (1998)

* Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox) - E105 (2001)

* Half-Life 2 (Windows PC) - E143 (2004)

* Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - E181 (2007)

* The Orange Box (Windows PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E182 (2007)

* Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - E183 (2007)

* Grand Theft Auto IV (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E189 (2008)

* LittleBigPlanet (PlayStation 3) - E195 (2008)

* Bayonetta (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E209 (2009)

I may not agree completely with a couple of titles, but it's among good company, and Bayonetta is shaping out to be absolutely fantastic. I got some demo code for the game a couple days ago (one of 40,000 or something) I am so redeeming that code this afternoon.

LBP 10/10!? How the fuck did that happen? Still, despite the huge amount of praise this game is being given I can't help but worry that this game is going to get low sales, if it weren't for the fact that I'm on this forum 24/7 I wouldn't even be aware of this game's existance at the moment. I hope SEGA advertise this game like fuck, specifically the multiple perfect scores part.

• Thumbs Up 1

LBP 10/10!? How the fuck did that happen? Still, despite the huge amount of praise this game is being given I can't help but worry that this game is going to get low sales, if it weren't for the fact that I'm on this forum 24/7 I wouldn't even be aware of this game's existance at the moment. I hope SEGA advertise this game like fuck, specifically the multiple perfect scores part.

I actually have the exact same fear for this game. I mean, I knew about this game a couple months ago, but I haven't really heard much about it and honestly for a while it didn't strike my interest. I think part of the problem is that it sounds like a boring beat-em up with fan-service and an overall lackluster game. Sounds, mind you. Apparently the package, according to friends, reviews, and the Japanese, is very remarkable and a huge surprise and amazing game. It's just, until the last couple of days this game hadn't struck my interest in the slightest. More than that, I had barely heard of it and until recently what I heard didn't really interest me.

I mean, a beat-em up game starring a sassy female DMC/GoW rip-off who looses clothing to become nude sounds like the game is just a lame game trying to go after sex appeal, but to find out the game is not only actually good, but for that apparently remarkable? I just hope this game does good, Platinum Games is quickly becoming one of my favorite developers that doesn't get the earnings it deserves.