Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

Now I'm a bit more annoyed with Sega's decision to sit on the US version for a few months.

Yeah that was the biggest BS decision in recent gaming memory.

So I actually played the demo now, and holy shit, this -is- awesome. The best action game I've played all gen. DMC4 and NG2 can go suck cocks, Bayonetta is the new queen of action. The combat is glorious, a definete step forward from the stagnant shit in the genre and Bayonetta is the most well animated action character in history.

it's just damn fun to play.

oh and regarding the OMG QTES RUIN THIS argument from before- they don't QTE's only occur once you've filled up your magic meter, or at the very end of a boss fight so they happen rarely, and when they do they're cool as shit.

Only thing I wish for is a "hard" difficulty on the demo, normal is a tad easy IMO.

I find them exactly as awkward as I expected them to be. Not as bad as the ones from Sonic Unleashed, but if it's always the same button, does it really need to show up on screen?

And I still prefer Ninja Gaiden II. The bosses are a tad week. Sure it's cool that you're running around on the walls, but all that really means for combat is that there are no real corners, and while it was cool how you're fighting those things while it's swinging about the platform you're standing on, it's still just another "

boss, because you mysteriously follow the platform's normal no matter what. I can basically just mash on buttons as long as I dodge at the right time. I will admit the gap has been narrowed, though I still prefer the way that enemies in Ninja Gaiden seem to follow the same rules as you, it leads to some more memorable encounters, or attack in unique ways.

I'm currently fantasizing about Treasure making a hack and slash style action game.

I find them exactly as awkward as I expected them to be. Not as bad as the ones from Sonic Unleashed, but if it's always the same button, does it really need to show up on screen?
that's the most nnit picky pedantic thing i've ever heard. the game is helping you, how dare it! It's not like the game punishes you for missing the QTEs, it's not like the time for the QTEs are limited, it's not like the QTEs are essential for progress, how is that awkward? How is that a pain?

And I still prefer Ninja Gaiden II. The bosses are a tad week.

You don't fight a single boss in Bayonetta's demo.

and if we're talking weak bosses, NG2 is king. giant face train snake thing, water boss, tunnel boss, armadillo boss, repeated armadillo boss, repeated fiend fights, etc. etc.

because you mysteriously follow the platform's normal no matter what.

Can you imagine how horrible that would be if you didn't follow the platform?

I can basically just mash on buttons as long as I dodge at the right time. I will admit the gap has been narrowed, though I still prefer the way that enemies in Ninja Gaiden seem to follow the same rules as you, it leads to some more memorable encounters, or attack in unique ways.

This applies to NG as well, even more so considering the comparatively tiny amount of combos in NG2. And speaking of memorable encounters, the only ones I remember are the awesome stairway fight, the werewolf arena, thos fucking fish in the werewolf chapter, and any and all fights featherlight fucking projectile spamming rocket launcher asshole for ruining the game for me.

ah, ninja gaiden 2, such wasted potential.

It remains to be seen how the rest of Bayonetta turns out, but at the moment I love it.

link to the demo for whoever wants it http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZGVDV3OW

that's the most nnit picky pedantic thing i've ever heard. the game is helping you, how dare it! It's not like the game punishes you for missing the QTEs, it's not like the time for the QTEs are limited, it's not like the QTEs are essential for progress, how is that awkward? How is that a pain?

I never said they were a pain, I said they were awkward.

First off, the PS3 and Xbox 360 demos are different. From my understanding, the Xbox demo has the clock tower sequence from the trailer, the PS3 version is basically a snippet from the game, you fight a few of what seem to be bosses during it. One of them is a boss for sure (It's that girl in red from the trailers), the other two might just be bigger mooks.

Can you imagine how horrible that would be if you didn't follow the platform?

The point isn't that following the platform is a problem, the point is that the platform moving doesn't change the fight. It's no different than if the platform were to stay in the same place and camera move.

and if we're talking weak bosses, NG2 is king. giant face train snake thing, water boss, tunnel boss, armadillo boss, repeated armadillo boss, repeated fiend fights, etc. etc.

I thought those bosses were crazy. The tunnel boss was a uniquely suspenseful boss.

This applies to NG as well, even more so considering the comparatively tiny amount of combos in NG2. And speaking of memorable encounters, the only ones I remember are the awesome stairway fight, the werewolf arena, thos fucking fish in the werewolf chapter, and any and all fights featherlight fucking projectile spamming rocket launcher asshole for ruining the game for me.

Man, people had problems with the strangest things in NG II. You can stun the rocket guys with any projectile, you can stop and shoot them with the bow, and you can get them with Ninpo if you're close enough, sometimes exploding shurukens will kill them outright. As for the fish, take out the tiger's fang and dragon's claw and mash on X, they're basically free essence.

tiny amount of combos in NG2

wat. Each weapon has pages of combos once they're upgraded.

I never said they were a pain, I said they were awkward.

pressing a button is awkward...?

First off, the PS3 and Xbox 360 demos are different. From my understanding, the Xbox demo has the clock tower sequence from the trailer, the PS3 version is basically a snippet from the game, you fight a few of what seem to be bosses during it. One of them is a boss for sure (It's that girl in red from the trailers), the other two might just be bigger mooks.

The two mooks are the Xbox demo as well. :o

The girl isn't though, aye.

I thought those bosses were crazy. The tunnel boss was a uniquely suspenseful boss.

A boss in which i sit around in a tunnel charging a UT, waiting to smack it in the face was not fun for me, or suspensful, it was just a waste of time (I think they even took it out of Sigma)

as for the other two bolded, they were just shit. One area of NG2 that really disapointed me were the boss fights, they were clearly trying to do something new, but that usually amounted to SHOOT ARROWS AT THEM INSTEAD OF HITTING THEM LOL

which was just shit. Worst offender: Greater fiend form one. dodge blood vomit and blue clouds while holding B and shooting auto aimed arrows. FUN

Man, people had problems with the strangest things in NG II. You can stun the rocket guys with any projectile, you can stop and shoot them with the bow, and you can get them with Ninpo if you're close enough, sometimes exploding shurukens will kill them outright. As for the fish, take out the tiger's fang and dragon's claw and mash on X, they're basically free essence.

when I'm fighting two white/cyber ninja dudes already I don't exactly have time to sit around and shoot them with a bow, but I still have to deal with them. They weren't particularly hard to dispatch if you focused on them, yes but that didn't stop them from being a pain in the ass. My memory on NG2 is a bit hazy though, so perhaps I'm exaggerating.

I still think it's a good game, it just had some wanky design decisions. Kinda wanna play Sigma 2 to see if they fixed that shit up.

wat. Each weapon has pages of combos once they're upgraded.

And Bayonetta's weapons from the demo have more, plus a far more flexible combat system.

Bayonetta's QTE's are awkward because they aren't clear on when you should start hammering the button.

And I didn't mind the bow and arrow bosses at all.

And I've played bother versions of the demo. I somewhat prefer the PS3 controller for this game, but the 360 version is so much better looking it's not even funny. In one scene, the PS3 version is so drab I thought it was meant to be taking place at dust, it looks more like the afternoon in the 360 version. The frame rate also seems to be better as well.

And I've played bother versions of the demo. I somewhat prefer the PS3 controller for this game, but the 360 version is so much better looking it's not even funny. In one scene, the PS3 version is so drab I thought it was meant to be taking place at dust, it looks more like the afternoon in the 360 version. The frame rate also seems to be better as well.

PS3 version of the game sucking so hard is indeed a damn shame.

And I didn't mind the bow and arrow bosses at all.

I just played through the final section of NG2 now after remembered that they patched the freezing problem I was having, and the first form of the archfied was the most annoying boss i've hadto endure in a long time.

Being able to beat the last form my mashing Y was kinda shitty too, but I'll get over it, it's still a good game.

Lookie here, people are complaining about the graphics of Bayonetta.
On PS3

People are complaining about the graphics ON PS3.

can you please read the articles you post before posting them? Thanks. Me and Phos have already been talking about this anyway. 360 version is clearly the better one so far, unfortunately for PS3 owners

I'm disappointed with the PS3 version.

Oh well. Rumors are probably true that SEGA is going to be working like crazy trying to fix it for western release.

PS3 version didn't even exist during E3. SEGA's crack team must be working on the port if they managed to get it this good in less then 6 months.

• Bad Quality Post 1

I love how it's all Sega's fault for the port but I still don't understand why Platinum aren't doing it themselves anyway.

Platinum didn't give SEGA the assets to port the game until after E3 according to a member on SEGANerds.

It's Platinum's fault if anything.

SEGA has had less then 4 months to port the game, and the game comes out later this month in Japan.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Platinum didn't give SEGA the assets to port the game until after E3 according to a member on SEGANerds.

It's Platinum's fault if anything.

SEGA has had less then 4 months to port the game, and the game comes out later this month in Japan.

If they got the assests that late they should've delayed the PS3 version.

Well, SEGA crack team is amazing. They are members from SEGA Racing Studio that SEGA kept when they closed SRS because they were so good.

They ported Viking Battle of Asgard from 360 to PS3 in 8 weeks.

We don't know how old this code is, it could be TGS demo code for all we know. The final game could play great. If rumors are true they will probably keep working on the game until western release, and then release a patch for the JP version by PSN.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Well, SEGA crack team is amazing. They are members from SEGA Racing Studio that SEGA kept when they closed SRS because they were so good.

They ported Viking Battle of Asgard from 360 to PS3 in 8 weeks.

We don't know how old this code is, it could be TGS demo code for all we know. The final game could play great. If rumors are true they will probably keep working on the game until western release, and then release a patch for the JP version by PSN.

I suppose.

As an aside though, I don't think the situation with bayonetta is that bad that it's unplayable- it just isn't as good ass the 360 version so far.

I suppose.

As an aside though, I don't think the situation with bayonetta is that bad that it's unplayable- it just isn't as good ass the 360 version so far.

Exactly.

Thats exactly it.

I've played the PS3 demo, it works just fine. That's why I'm thinking if this is old code it might be even better by release and maybe really close to the 360 by western release, but the western release thing is just me getting my hopes up probably XD

Although it sorta does make sense, PS3 version in Japan is region locked. Normally PS3 games aren't region locked. Someone on neogaf said their SEGA contact told them that it's region locked because SEGA will be working on the game until western release.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Damnit, it's the same the demo is only available in Japan right now. I'm really wanting to play the 360 demo.

Download this -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZGVDV3OW

extract it, and burn it to a DVD. demo a go go.

fun thing to try: when you're fighting hold down the attack button you pressed last before dodging, if you do it right you can continue doing tthe combo you were doing before you dodged, after the dodge.

Links been removed due to ToS, Remz. :(

Anyway, I would think I'd need a modded 360 to do that. I don't? (To play burned images)

Edited by Hero Of Fate

If you get your hands on it, burn it to a disk, keep the directory structure, meaning that "content" should be in root. It's not banned as far as I know, and the demo will show up under the demos and trials option on the game library menu. If you're really worried, you can just pull out the cable. I think you can do it with a memory key as well. You might be able to find it on torrent sites.

Edited by Phos

there's no law against playing demos from a disk- far as I know and you don't need a modded xbawks.

just keep an eye out for it aye

I'll see if I can find it on the net. Really want to try this game out. I haven't played any action games since Devil May Cry 4.

Edit: I found it, but I can't get it to work. And no, I didn't fuck with the data folder. I just slapped it in it entirety onto the disc. Maybe I need to use a specific burning program, I don't know. All I have is image burn and the generic Windows burner.

Edit 2: Got it working. After like...4 botched attempts. God, I suck.

Edit 3: Game is fucking awesome. Why the hell is it delayed until January for Westerners(and Australians)? D:

Edited by Hero Of Fate

• 2 weeks later...

Edit 3: Game is fucking awesome. Why the hell is it delayed until January for Westerners(and Australians)? D:

Modern Warfare 2.

Rumor has it this got a perfect score in Famitsu 10/10/10/10. 40/40

n19840559024_399139_8689.jpg

Kamiya FTW!

Isn't Famitsu kind of easy when it comes to perfect scores now? I mean, they gave Nintendogs a 40/40. Still, from what I've played, the game is epic.

Edited by Hero Of Fate