Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

Sorry to duble post, but got around to play the demo I won from some contest in America, and all I can say is-

Holy shit this game is fucking amazing. It was a lot shorter than I would of hoped for, but I seriously had a blast playing it and figuring stuff out, the thing if I had to explain it in detail is all so deep and complex sounding but it all just clicks, I was immersed in the locales even in just the demo, I was doing kick-ass things and I quickly got over button mashing as I started figuring out what I was actually doing and within minutes figured out how to conjure up torture contraptions and do insane combos, and then there is literally hundreds of more in the game... It wasn't a mindless fest either, I was using my brain, wits, and intense ability and pulling it all together gracefully and stealing enemy weapons like a giant trumpet that shoots out giant projectiles and axes in the demo, fighting hordes and watching our heroine even in these simple stages of the beginning of her adventure truly be likable and a fresh air in the way heroes act in games... It's so hard to explain since I just got through all three of the demo stages, but it's all pulled-together so brilliantly I had a blast playing it and now I can' wait for this game... And this is supposed to be one of the more dull parts! Seriously, if the game is as good if not better than the demo, this is more than game of the year material, and I literally had as much fun with this demo as Devil May Cry or God of War if not more. The stylization, combat, grace, locations, music, fun factor, intense action... It all blends together for something that feels new and definitely top of it's class. This game in a matter of a week went from no interested to intrigued to after playing it must buy.

You need to try this game if grace, intense action, and simply complex fun in gaming mean anything to you.

Also, another new review.

NowGamer gives it a 9.3 for being amazing

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/reviews/ps3/8788/bayonetta

http://www.play-mag.co.uk/ps3-new-releases/review-%E2%80%93-bayonetta/

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

I think we all know this game won't have a chance of winning game of the year next year, however good it may be that title will obv go to CoD7.

I think we all know this game won't have a chance of winning game of the year next year, however good it may be that title will obv go to CoD7.

lol COD or some other overrated game, as it seems there are quite a few of them. I haven't seen this demo yet, but I still have high hopes for this game.

If it did go to CoD7 im sure it will be good since all Cod games are great so just stfu.

Oh dear, a conflict of opinions. CoD:MW2 is a decent game, as so is Bayonetta. The reason CoD will win is, quite obviously, because of the name and the fact it's an overly-hyped sequel, as all sequels are.

I've been trying to find a pre-order for the Climax edition in the UK that also has the gun with it. On Gameplay.co.uk, it says you get the miniature gun with the pre-order but no mention of the art book/CD/Limited Casing. The Play.com site says the pre-order is for the Climax edition, but no mention of the gun. It also says that it's exclusive to Play. =/ Not sure who to order with.

Don't worry, SEGA have you covered for pre-order swag across 3 different UK retailers

Just won't all be in one place unfortaunately :(

Play.com Climax Edition -

4091958123_9cab5ed11e.jpg

Xbox 360 £39.99

PS3 £39.99

Game.co.uk – Replica Scarborough Fair Gun

bayonetta_image.jpg

Xbox 360 £39.99

PS3 £39.99

HMV – Leading Ladies DVD

902986_01.JPG

5055277000647.JPG

Xbox 360 £39.99

PS3 £39.99

Think I'll leave the Leading Ladies Manga DVD as it's not really anything to do with Bayonetta. So I'll get me PS3 version Climax Edition and Xbox 360 version with Replica Scarborough Fair Gun.

If those prices are right, the replica gun maybe one of those items that looks a lot better on your screen than it is in your hand.

Don't forget, when the game is out the VAT will go up, yet those prices are quite typical for new games at the moment. Also GAMES site has no mention of the gun.

I think it'll be the '"OH GOD!! OH GOD!! OH GOD YES!!" Climax version' for me.

Maybe I could be devilish. I'll order a second copy of the game for a friend who also wants it but can't order things online for themselves. Play.com will be used for my version and GAME for my friend. However, when their copy arrives from Game I'll snag their gun (doubt they'll even know it exists) and just say I got the special edition that included all of these wonderful bonuses. Yes. It's the perfect crime. Hahahah!

Maybe I could be devilish. I'll order a second copy of the game for a friend who also wants it but can't order things online for themselves. Play.com will be used for my version and GAME for my friend. However, when their copy arrives from Game I'll snag their gun (doubt they'll even know it exists) and just say I got the special edition that included all of these wonderful bonuses. Yes. It's the perfect crime. Hahahah!

That's mean but I don't blame ya :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if people ended up buying both and then flogging one copy of the game to help cover loss' for the gun. Thinking about it, you'd lose about... what... £10 maybe £15 depending where you go?

Edited by Casanova

It wouldn't suprise me if people ended up buying both and then flogging one copy of the game to help cover loss' for the gun. Thinking about it, you'd lose about... what... £10 maybe £15 depending where you go?

Sounds about right but I'll be keeping my 2 copies for Achievements and Trophies :lol:

I really need to get back to earning Trophies, damn Superstardust HD and your 3 final annoying Trophies :angry:

That's mean but I don't blame ya :lol:

Nobody ever got anywhere by doing the right thing. More seriously, I'll set aside £80 for this game perhaps do as Casanova suggested.

It’s somehow reassuring to me that other people are thinking about doing this too. I saw the deals today for the first time and want the Climax Edition and the Gun. So yeah, the sensible (ha!) thing to do sounds like buying them both and selling one boxed version of the game on e-bay or something on day one. You’d loose much less that way, maybe a few quit undercutting the big stores.

Australian version already includes everything, bwahahahaha!

Rub it in ya cheeky so and so :P

Right... "SOS: Bayonetta|" at Remz house!

Sigh... looks like it'll be a good month for Australian exporters.

Yeah, but...

Australia: 1, Rest of the World: 4,583,284,683,152,792,564,221

It's true.

Left 4 Dead 2. Hurrrrr.

Seriously, though. You guys deserve something for all the shit you're put through.

now now gentlemen, I never implied we always get everything, just from SEGA Australia, who treat us awesome (thanks lads)

Demo is up for download now on Xbox Live, I forgot it was due today. Just downloading it now. The PS3 demo should be up later today too. Going to give both of them a try.

EDIT: Just tried the demo and I was expecting the game to be good but this... game... is... EPIC!!

It's easy to get into especially with the quick tutorial, controls are spot on, there are so many wicked combo's you can pull off, the graphics are brilliant, the music is great, Bayonetta as a character is funny yet cool as a cucumber and the special finishing moves are fantastic.

I've never been so excited by a game in my life :D

Love the taunts too though there only seems to be 2. One when you tap the LB button and one when you hold it for a few seconds.

In the love of Christ and all that is holy, where has this game been all my life?

The demo alone is one of the most astounding things Ive played. No wonder it gets the skyhigh scores everywhere, and after playing all of that massive action and seeing the post-demo trailer, I just want more.

Also I lol'd at her taunt "Want to touch me?"

Not tried the Japanese demo so I don't know.

PS3 demo hitting EU PS Store today folks -

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/03/%E2%80%98heads-up%E2%80%99-playstation-store-update-3rd-december-2009/

EDIT:

After watching this video of the Japanese Xbox 360 demo, yeah it is the same demo -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XNHg4JfGZo

EDIT 2: It's up on the EU Playstation Store now!!

Anyone know if this is the same as the Japanese demo only in English or does it have new content?

The japanese demo was in english as well, pretty sure they're exactly the same.

qalso: there's a few more moves/taunts/tricks then you guys would think- try stuff out and see what happens ;)