Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

Yeah, I've never heard that either. I'm pretty sure they would start development on the 360 if it was planned to be multi-platform. I can see someone saying that because of FF XIII, but remember that it wasn't planned for 360 until like 2 years in. :\

Naw. Dred is making perfect sense. Its more cost effective for quality if you go from PS3 to 360 if you plan on making the game multiplat from the beginning. It usually means you can tinker with the PS3 stuff as it's you're main focus, and once that is done you can have a much easier time porting it to the 360 due to the programing hurtle already being taken care of. However, it is initially more costly and time consuming to start and end with the PS3 due to its structure and quirks. Most companies take the less costly and easy way out by making the game on the 360 first, meaning that you have a solid game out faster and cheaper and which then you can either a) half ass the port, (b: use the money from the 360 version to power the PS3 port c) Try and convert it to the PS3 with difficulty.

Platinum, never intended a PS3 port when they started developing, so Sega stepped in.

Edited by The Engineer

So basically, it's better for the PS3 if games are made on it first and ported to the 360.

and it's better for the 360 if games are made on it first and ported to the PS3??

So basically, it's better for the PS3 if games are made on it first and ported to the 360.

and it's better for the 360 if games are made on it first and ported to the PS3??

That would be what both Rockstar said when they made GTA4 and Dice when Mirrors edge came out.

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews continue to go great for Bayonetta, and it's almost out in America. Impressions from the Japanese and Importers are also great.

And since the music is really a love it or hate it thing, here's the soundtrack, THOUGH you should support the company yourself if you like the music (already ordered the music CD):

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?z2onji5t2nt

Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zjjmmmjnnoh

Part 3: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rz3anjkwu2n

How is this game on your list for purchases?

Edited by Dusk the Christmas Keeper

Haha, oh wow. That's pretty pathetic, I must admit. Still, I've got a copy of the Special Edition version headed my way, so waiting until actual release is fine.

Ign gives 'netta the special treatment and reviews it twice.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1056885p1.html

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1057012p1.html

The Ps3 version got shafted, hopefully they give equal treatment on both platforms for Bayo 2.

Fuck you're right....... that's highly disapointing. you think the PS3 being more powerful there should be no problem. But maybe the ps3 really is THAT much harder to develop for. Sonic unleashed doesn't think so tho. That ran BETTER on the PS3. SEGA WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOOOIIIIINNNNNGGGG! =( I have all 3 systems.. but I wanted it on PS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuck you're right....... that's highly disapointing. you think the PS3 being more powerful there should be no problem. But maybe the ps3 really is THAT much harder to develop for. Sonic unleashed doesn't think so tho. That ran BETTER on the PS3. SEGA WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOOOIIIIINNNNNGGGG! =( I have all 3 systems.. but I wanted it on PS3.

Platinum Games didn't do the porting, it was SEGA themselves who took on that task. Judging by what the reviewer says SEGA obviously rushed their port or still don't have a good grasp of the PS3 architecture. For these reasons a lone I will get the 360 version, I wanted it for my ps3 but I can't overlook the errors it has unless it gets patched and knowing SEGA they don't care.

Oh no loading times, the game is ruined forever!!

I don't care, they nitpicked like a bitch on that PS3 review, I'll still be buying it day 1, the PS3 demo was quality.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh no loading times, the game is ruined forever!!

I don't care, they nitpicked like a bitch on that PS3 review, I'll still be buying it day 1, the PS3 demo was quality.

This.

I had plenty of fun playing it on the console I actually own and will have even more when I buy the full version on the console I own.

Agreed, if I could stomach shitatic load screens for an equally shit game like '06 I think can bear with them for Bayonetta.

Agreed, if I could stomach shitatic load screens for an equally shit game like '06 I think can bear with them for Bayonetta.

I'm not going through that again. Much as I love my PS3, I gotta dish out some credit to the 360 version where it is due. It needs the games anyway.

It doesn't matter too much. I'm getting both versions. Mostly because with some games I do that. I got sonic 06 twice ( What? don't give me that look.) RE5, SFIV, sonic unleashed.... there's a few others. But yeah. I like to compare and contast when games get released on both systems. Sonic unleashed was faster and much smoother on the PS3, 06 should've stayed on the 360, as it get WORST on the PS3, RE5 imho looks feels, and plays better on the PS3 SFIV is about the same..... just faster on the PS3 ( you HAVE to install the game on the HDD for it to have no load times. )

Said all of that to say, Bayonetta..... I'll have you on BOTH systems. =D

• Thumbs Up 1

Needless to say I've barely been following this game up to release, which is why I've barely been posting in this thread.

However despite knowing hardly anything about the game since announcement, I have known it's a Kamiya game... which is probably why I just got that feeling of "I'll pick it up on launch day and love it with or without the hype"

Thanks to my broken 360 I have no idea if a Bayonetta demo is available there, but I finally got my first real look at the game with the PS3 demo, which I've just played for the 2nd time. I love it! I really suck at learning combos, but the battle system is hella fun, even if when I play the full thing I'll just end up using the most simple combos imaginable (maybe I'll remember some bigger ones, who knows) but the battle system and the music are great, they just "work". Can't wait for the Euro launch. Definitely a day 1 purchase :D

From the looks of things Kamiya has done it again. Capcom were fucking insane to let him go.

From the looks of things Kamiya has done it again. Capcom were fucking insane to let him go.

Platinum Games has been nothing short of a gold mine for Sega (or maybe a platinum mine?)

I am sooooo drooling over whatever Shinji Mikami has cooking up for that unannounced game.

Platinum Games has been nothing short of a gold mine for Sega (or maybe a platinum mine?)

Maybe not in terms of cash, but definitely game quality (something SEGA desperately need lately)

I am sooooo drooling over whatever Shinji Mikami has cooking up for that unannounced game.

Sounds awesome. o_O

Could you wonder if they made a SONIC game......... That's what I wanna know. If they made a new sonic game...... do you think it'll be epic like madworld and Bayonetta? Also, with all the puns and shit that's in this game......... it would atleast be funny as hell. =D

Edited by tinokunx
  • Thumbs Up 1

Could you wonder if they made a SONIC game......... That's what I wanna know. If they made a new sonic game...... do you think it'll be epic like madworld and Bayonetta? Also, with all the puns and shit that's in this game......... it would atleast be funny as hell. =D

I think SEGA could easily make a good Sonic game if they wrenched the franchise from Sonic Team. I mean they made Valkyria Chronicles. >.>

But if Platinum were inspired to make a Sonic game that would be amazing. I don't see it ever happening though.

You never know, they are owned by sega now. ( unless I'm mistaken ) but you never know. Hell they keep poking fun at the sonic series in their games. And it's funny to see those characters ( Bayonetta ) scared of Eggman. LOL Yeah I spoiled myself and watched the gameplay. BTW which system are you getting it on?

• Thumbs Up 1

You never know, they are owned by sega now. ( unless I'm mistaken )

SEGA may well own Bayonetta due to all the references in it, but I definitely don't think SEGA own Platinum, I still think it's just a temporary partnership that may or may not be extended.

BTW which system are you getting it on?

360. I don't see the point in getting the PS3 version.