Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

15 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Amongst all this hype for Robots in the Sky, I suddenly got a fun idea for an episode.

Eggman tries to attack Team Sonic as usual, and is getting his butt whupped as usual. As a last fighting chance, he sends Metal Sonic at the team, and Sonic easily overpowers him. Eggman being defeated, Sonic taunts that there's "no Sonic better than me." Eggman takes it as a challenge, and brings Metal Sonic back to his lair. He starts to modify Metal Sonic to be better in every way. In speed, fighting skills, in playing video games, in being a good friend, in making cookies!

He sends Metal Sonic into the village to become friends with Team Sonic. Sonic grows skeptic of Eggman's creation, but the rest of the team really warm up to him, and enjoy Metal Sonic more than Sonic. Then, after Eggman attempts to attack the village again, completely forgetting about Metal Sonic, Metal Sonic easily stops him, and Sonic is replaced for good.

Sonic is, of course, not happy about it. An outcast to the village and his friends, he wants to stop Metal Sonic. Eggman attacks the village again, and Team Metal Sonic (as they're now called) stops him. Then Metal Sonic follows Eggman back to his lair to defeat him once and for all. The rest of the team try to stop him, but Metal Sonic turns on them, too. Terrified of what Metal Sonic has become, the team asks for Sonic to come back. Still annoyed about being replaced, Sonic refuses to come back. But being told he's bringing down Metal Sonic convinces him to come back and stop the bot.

Taking down Metal Sonic, the team accept Sonic back, apologising for replacing him. Sonic accepts the apology, glad to be back. And he's right, no Sonic is better than him. Eggman takes Metal Sonic back in, threatening the team he'll come back with a better Sonic that won't betray him next time.

Could be a fun episode (even if the idea might have been used before). And it gives Metal Sonic much needed screentime.

You know, with a proper choice of music, animation and pace, this can become a very well done and faithful-to-the-spirit fan-episode.

Yes it does sound like quite a fun episode. But theer's enough people that think Sonic is too arrogant as it is or that his team is not that faithful in him (which I understand as more often that not, that is his fault) so personally I would replace the entire team with metal versions, and make it so that the villagers and the mayor are the ones to thrown out Sonic and his team, as the Metal Team would be much better in every possible way.

But then they would turn super strict with ensuring the safety of the villague, pretty much going all dictator-like and jailing people over the slightest thing, even the Mayor would get arrested. After this the villagers would beg Sonic and Co. to return and defeat the robots, which they would reluctantly agree to. I imagine that a funny thing that could happen is that Eggman would try to take advantage of his robots taking over the villague to take power for himself, only to find out they have taken their roles as protectors of the villague extremely serious. Kicking his butt harder that Sonic Team ever did. Thus he would end up proving Sonic Team with the neccesary info to defeat them since neither him nor Sonic Team can defeat them on their own. Big fight happens, they save the day, kick Eggman's butt again when the inevitable betrayal happens, and that's that. 

Your idea is a lot more dramatic and well thought out that mine though. But I like to play it a bit safer.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 5/8/2017 at 5:27 AM, SpongicX said:

That honestly sounds depressing... We already got Green with Envy, we don't need another episode that relies on Sonic looking bad, thanks to someone stealing Sonic's thunder. 

I want more. 

I think sonic should be crapped on more, he isn't perfect. He shouldn't be, i'm totally ok with reality punching him in the face, or someone literally like tails. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly would probably do that lol. Not just Boom though, Modern Pontaff Sonic really deserves to get a slap from his friends for being a bit of an arrogant jerk in recent games.

27 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

I have come to realize that Sonic Boom is never coming back to Cartoon Network

looks like it's official

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Boom_(TV_series)

I don't think it's going to be on Cartoon Network demand anymore either

Just great, now how will people get reruns?! Boomerang has no on demand, and if it did, the quality would still be bad... Sega needs to fix this!

56 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

I have come to realize that Sonic Boom is never coming back to Cartoon Network

looks like it's official

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Boom_(TV_series)

I don't think it's going to be on Cartoon Network demand anymore either

I knew it! I knew that Boom would fall to the same fate as the Archie comic. The signs were there with the show already being cast off by CN and to an extent Sega, and RoL's failure making major repercussions within Sega that caused them to cut off alternate media for the time being to strengthen the brand further.  A flower cropped in the bud just before it grew. We didn't even know what kind of flower it was yet. But will it be uprooted and destroyed completely? Likely so.

In interested memory of Sonic Boom, 

2014-201X

Don't overreact!

We all knew Cartoon Network stopped airing Boom. Appearing in Wikipedia doesn't really mean anything. Its just the info we all knew being displayed somewhere.

4 minutes ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

I knew it! I knew that Boom would fall to the same fate as the Archie comic. The signs were there with the show already being cast off by CN and to an extent Sega, and RoL's failure making major repercussions within Sega that caused them to cut off alternate media for the time being to strengthen the brand further.  A flower cropped in the bud just before it grew. We didn't even know what kind of flower it was yet. But will it be uprooted and destroyed completely? Likely so.

In interested memory of Sonic Boom, 

2014-201X

It's still coming to Netflix and that Season 3 rumor still hasn't been debunked yet. While it may never be on CN again, it doesn't mean the show's existence will is at an end, just it'll be elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

It's still coming to Netflix and that Season 3 rumor still hasn't been debunked yet. While it may never be on CN again, it doesn't mean the show's existence will is at an end, just it'll be elsewhere.

Oh, alright, but maybe it won't last long even elsewhere? I kinda expect the worst, given the lower and lower ratings it has. Any data on home video sales? And I've never seen it rank high on Hulu.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

Oh, alright, but maybe it won't last long even elsewhere? 

But it's popular literally everywhere except the U.S. With proper treatment, it should definitely last long.

• Thumbs Up 4

To be fair, we all knew cn stopped airing Boom on their main channel. It's been absent for months now. While, the cartoon haven't been doing well rating-wise in the US. It's been doing pretty well in other countries apparently. And there's a rumor surrounding a third season. So, there's still hope, I guess? 

I honestly don't know if Sega still have faith in this series . Do they want to keep trying with it or are they giving up? 

6 minutes ago, CottonCandy said:

To be fair, we all knew cn stopped airing Boom on their main channel. It's been absent for months now. While, the cartoon haven't been doing well rating-wise in the US. It's been doing pretty well in other countries apparently. And there's a rumor surrounding a third season. So, there's still hope, I guess? 

I honestly don't know if Sega still have faith in this series . Do they want to keep trying with it or are they giving up? 

Iizuka's mentioned Boom with it's Japanese dub still happening, so it's not like they've strayed from it completely.

14 minutes ago, CottonCandy said:

That's the problem though, the show is only doing bad, because the networks never gave it a chance, and there's no advertising for it in the states. We don't even have a single dvd, blu ray, or digital hd release for any of the episodes, meanwhile, Europe has had all of season 1 on dvd since as early as of last year! It's kind of unfair to assume the show is a failure in the US, because how can it be a failure, if it was never given a chance to shine in the first place? Airing new episodes at 5:00/6:00 AM with no decent advertising or reruns is not the way to treat a brand new series, which was exactly how Sonic Boom was treated throughout season 1.

It's a shame that Boomerang treats it better, despite being a channel that nearly no one has access to... It makes no sense to treat a show better on a channel no one wants, compared to treating it better on a channel everyone has access to. I really don't think taking one airing of Teen Titans Go! off the timeslot a week, is really going to hurt CN's ratings... Judging by many complaints people have sent, both CN and Sega know very well that there are people who want to watch Sonic Boom, yet they are doing nothing to help those people...

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Iizuka's mentioned Boom with it's Japanese dub still happening, so it's not like they've strayed from it completely.

Cartoons can still survive through reruns and dubs long after its over. Like sonic x for an example. But I'm wondering if Sega still want to continue with it in other media, like games and other stuff. Fire and Ice was quickly ignored and I'm not hearing anything about the mobile game. It seems to me that it's just the cartoon (and maybe some merch) that's only keeping interest and I doubt it'll last very long.

• Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

I honestly would probably do that lol. Not just Boom though, Modern Pontaff Sonic really deserves to get a slap from his friends for being a bit of an arrogant jerk in recent games.

Slap is the operative term, i want this done... elegantly. If done poorly it can eliminate the entire motivational context of the entire scenario, leaving people confused like the infamous " slap" from the comics. 

Embrace sonic's arrogance and have him run directly into walls realizing he isn't the only person in the world who has skills. Not just mindless depressing punches to his ego. But calculated ones that allow him to grow at least a bit. 

For example, tails and him getting to a fight, and tails out thinks him and he looses.

Maybe knuckles showing that his strength is of value and sonic shouldn't under estimate him.

Amy saving sonic because of his arrogance.

Shadow...i'll leave that one alone, but it's succinct.

Point is , things that feel like they can happen, but aren't so out of left field that you loose the point of the moment.

Its one of the reasons why I kind of appreciate this show in some regards, and boom in general. Calculated blows to who the characters are as people, boom every character is a less perfect version of the visage that the normal brand likes to put on. And in some ways I enjoy that, some ways I don't. Like shadow still not actuality having a personality , but that's more of a " sections of the franchise failed out of the gate and things suffered " problem.  

I want the chacters I like being made fun of from time to time, I would love an episode where I don't know, amy is trying to get to know shadow. He's so socially inept as a person that he can barely function in normal society, maybe he's actually some rich snotty kid in this universe. Trust fun baby, I would love that. Just fit in the jabs with who they are make em fun and its fine. 

16 hours ago, VeryGoodName said:

Boomerang does have a HD demand service on DIRECTV

Not for those with Sling TV...

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Its one of the reasons why I kind of appreciate this show in some regards, and boom in general. Calculated blows to who the characters are as people, boom every character is a less perfect version of the visage that the normal brand likes to put on. And in some ways I enjoy that, some ways I don't. Like shadow still not actuality having a personality , but that's more of a " sections of the franchise failed out of the gate and things suffered " problem.  

The thing about Boom Shadow is that he's kind of in a limbo. There was supposed to be more stuff for him in future Boom games but Boom as a game franchise is pretty much done. So the TV show doesn't know what to do with him. Who knows, maybe the show staff will make something up for him eventually if the games won't.

18 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Just great, now how will people get reruns?! Boomerang has no on demand, and if it did, the quality would still be bad... Sega needs to fix this!

Guys that hasn't been offically confirmed. plus wikipedia can get edited by different ppl

Just now, VeryGoodName said:

well it hasn't aired on Cartoon Network for almost 5 months and the newer episodes haven't been added to Cartoon Network demand yet

chill out something good is gonna happen we need to stay positive

• Thumbs Up 2

Theory: Announced "characters from a game universe" are going to be the characters from the modern universe (Generations, Colors).

57 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

chill out something good is gonna happen we need to stay positive

Or not. 

But odds are if things go south it will go someplace else if people want it, or eventually come out on a format we can view it by itself on

1 hour ago, RictalRose0 said:

The thing about Boom Shadow is that he's kind of in a limbo. There was supposed to be more stuff for him in future Boom games but Boom as a game franchise is pretty much done. So the TV show doesn't know what to do with him. Who knows, maybe the show staff will make something up for him eventually if the games won't.

I have hope that might happen. Though the shows staff seems apprehensive to do things beyond a very surface level , though the cave thing sounds like a very batman situation , which to be honest if they gave him more of a character, it could work. His design notably looks a lot less dinged up than everyone else, clean shoes and gloves and a lot less bandages, you could warp the " maria died on the space ship" into a " my parents died" and if they wanna include how he got his powers and some possible maybe he can't get into the ruins stuff " my father was a demon" or some DMC type explanation if they wanna do something with the whole black arms concept translated over onto this character. Those wouldn't really require long explanations be pretty easy to like hint at , and could provide interesting stories if they ever went that route. His character has potential. 

However. 

I don't know if the show or brand expansion will be around long enough for that to be a thing to care about. I have my issues with boom, but I have more concerns about main sonic because I don't know what the future is for this thing. We didn't know what the future is for this thing, past season 2 for a while. The future looks questionable, and not in the sense that we don't know. In the sense that I don't even know if that will even continue. 

So we will see, but I ain't worried, because I don't know if its a thing to worry about

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zers Editor said:

Theory: Announced "characters from a game universe" are going to be the characters from the modern universe (Generations, Colors).

Well...yeah, pretty sure that was what Bill said. What else would it be exactly?

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the plot summary for this week's "Robots from the Sky" Part 2:

And the title card for next week's Part 3:

• Thumbs Up 6