Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

40 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

I just hope that SEGA has some type of plan in motion to help the show (like moving it to a different channel) 

I know that they still care about the show (hence why they're making a Japanese dub), and I'm sure that they'll do something about this eventually

With all due respect, can you please find a different topic to talk about? We understand that you want the show to move to another channel. We really do. You talk about this on Twitter too. 

Maybe comment about the last episode that aired? 

---

Anyway, I finally saw "Do Not Disturb". I really liked it; it's probably one of the funniest episodes from season two, in my opinion! The romantic music that played when the creatures looked at each other was hilarious! lol Looking forward to the first episode of the four-parter! :D 

• Thumbs Up 3

So, SEGA and CN have allowed TSSZ (specifically, our good friend SSF1991) to see the "Robots from the Sky" four-parter early. Here's his impressions.

To sum it up, he has a highly positive opinion on the story arc. This is gonna be good.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

So, SEGA and CN have allowed TSSZ (specifically, our good friend SSF1991) to see the "Robots from the Sky" four-parter early. Here's his impressions.

To sum it up, he has a highly positive opinion on the story arc. This is gonna be good.

WHAT?! SEGA AND CN DID SOMETHING FOR BOOM?! Well, this is a turn of events.

But yeah, get your bums ready 'cause it is indeed going to be good.

• Thumbs Up 4

Here's the pictures:

222_01c.png?resize=768,432

224_06c.png?resize=768,432

223_01c.png?resize=768,432

221_20c.png?resize=768,432

Seems like Mighton and Bolts become allies later on! That's pretty cool!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Just to clarify, I was not aware that Stadium was allowed too. But, just in case they were, that's why I didn't go with the the whole "TSSZ exclusive" thing. It's also part of why I wanted to go with a different perspective with my impressions. But the main reason I focused more on the English VAs and writing in my impressions is because I know some of you in this thread already saw the French version. But I did also touch upon some points in case people didn't know what was going on with the episodes at all.

I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised by these episodes. Expect the unexpected.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Here's the pictures:

222_01c.png?resize=768,432

224_06c.png?resize=768,432

223_01c.png?resize=768,432

221_20c.png?resize=768,432

Seems like Mighton and Bolts become allies later on! That's pretty cool!

Too bad the episodes won't look this nice when it airs, since we're stuck getting low res versions of it for lousy Boomerang... This show needs to be seen in HD!... 
I don't get Sega's methods at all. Sure, promote the show to the few who are attending a film festival, let the Sonic Stadium watch it early for free in HD, meanwhile, how do they treat the paying customers who bother tuning in to watching it each week on TV?!... We get absolutely nothing!... Thanks a lot, Sega... 

10 hours ago, SpongicX said:

They know very well that people want to watch the show, yet do absolutely nothing to help promote the show. They're just letting CN continue to neglect the show.

Maybe it's because they realised that Sonic Boom wasn't such a good show for the audience after all. I don't know. Hopefully, one day they will come up with a better show.

9 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Maybe it's because they realised that Sonic Boom wasn't such a good show for the audience after all. I don't know. Hopefully, one day they will come up with a better show.

Thats you're opinion and I'll respect it but if it weren't a good show i doubt it would have gotten a second season.

And excuse me for being a bit bold here but it seems to me like you're saying this because it doesn't play out the way you want it too.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, TippyCat said:

Thats you're opinion and I'll respect it but if it weren't a good show i doubt it would have gotten a second season.

And excuse me for being a bit bold here but it seems to me like you're saying this because it doesn't play out the way you want it too.

MysteriousGirl's ideal vision for Sonic Boom seems to be a world in which all characters get along 24/7, no sense of drama is ever established, very little humour exists, and in which everything gets tied up in a sickeningly neat bow at the end with no variety.

And then she comes on here and complains when it isn't that.

It's fine for her to express her opinion, but when said opinion manages to spectacularly miss the entire point of the program it's criticising, it's rather annoying.

• Thumbs Up 6

13 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I think Sonic Boom is a great show. But quick question how are you going to say season 2 is good and every saturday u wish the episodes had different idea or a different plot. When the plots are very amazing

On 5/3/2017 at 2:15 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Um, since when did Sonic Boom start on Boomerang again? I checked the schedule and didn't see it. 

I think it was those special previews "influencers" get to have to help promote the show and give their thoughts on it, so yeah. 

But really pleased to hear Robots from the Sky is going to be a treat, I'm aware of some things that happen in it but I don't have the full picture. This should be a good time, sucks that they had to spread throughout the month but better than nothing, I guess?

• Thumbs Up 2

Looking at the bright side, SEGA will likely use the fact that the show is still a hit on Boomerang (considering the total viewers for that channel) for press and marketing purposes.

So, what's your favorite episode of season 2 so far? For me it's a draw between "Anything you can do, I can do worse-er" and "I can sea Sonic's fear from here". I know Donnie said "Robots in the Sky" might be the peak of this season though.

20 hours ago, RLS Legacy said:

MysteriousGirl's ideal vision for Sonic Boom seems to be a world in which all characters get along 24/7, no sense of drama is ever established, very little humour exists, and in which everything gets tied up in a sickeningly neat bow at the end with no variety.

And then she comes on here and complains when it isn't that.

The only reason I complain about people getting along and fighting, in the show, is because the show does this in the wrong areas. Let's take... The Sidekick, for instance. The first episode introduces us to our three main characters: Sonic, Tails and Eggman. Now, I'm not expecting the show to start way back before Sonic and Tails became friends or Sonic and Eggman became enemies. I was expecting the show to introduce its characters properly, for the audience that knows little to nothing about Sonic and co. 

I thought the first episode would focus mainly on Sonic, Tails and Eggman. To give us an idea of they are about in this episode. But no, it didn't. New characters (for the new audiences) were shoved down people's throat, expecting them to know who they are and what to do. That is not how introductions work. Let's take a look at Pokemon and Sailor Moon. These shows took their time in introducing one or more main characters because they wanted us to slowly get to know them and, as the shows progress, know what they do.

I know that Sonic Boom has 10 to 11-minute episodes, but introducing characters doesn't mean you should just put them there and expect someone to know the characters when they have little to no knowledge about them. Now, what do I mean by "the show does this in the wrong areas"? Well, in the Sidekick episode, Sonic fires Tails in order to protect him. Now, I feel like this could have been a scene where you look at both sides of the story, where Sonic is worried about Tails dying from a young age whereas Tails believes that Sonic is limiting his potential. We can then see where they are coming from. I admit, the first episode was OK with the two characters, but looking at it now I feel like it could have done something more with them.

When Tails gets into trouble because he wants to help, and Sonic saves him, Sonic reminds Tails of his reason for firing him. Tails then realises that he also made a mistake in being oblivious to why Sonic would do this and suggests that Sonic should keep him out of a mission if it gets too dangerous, whether in whole or part. That, to me, is drama. Not to say that EVERY episode should have drama, it's a comedy show after all. But then again, even comedy shows can have drama and tragedy. You just need to put these things in the right place. And no, I'm not saying I could a better job than the writers can. After all, they're just my ideas.

The next episode I would like to talk about is 'Do Not Disturb'. Bear in mind that what I'm about to say is my own opinion. Let's say that Amy ISN'T a member of the Endangered Species program. She would have at least shown some sympathy and care for Sonic (getting kicked out of his shack), Tails (having to bear with Sonic as a roommate) and the villagers (running away from the stampede). I know she cares for the widabit in the original episode, but it kind of feels like her only concern is the widabit, and NOTHING BUT the widabit. I guess what I'm trying to say (if that makes any sort of sense) is that her selflessness is coming across as a bit selfish. A friend is being is kicked out, another friend has to deal with a substandard roommate and the villagers are done for if they don't have the common sense to run away in fear and panic. That's what Amy was to me in this episode.

Also, I have to say something about Sonic. Sonic, to me, was the worst written character of this episode. I'm saying this because the episode quickly destroyed my sympathy for him. Quick-ly. If this episode made Sonic more likable, bearable and understandable AND LESS annoying, selfish and inconsiderate, then maybe I would have felt for Sonic AND Tails. Considering that Tails (the person I felt mostly sorry for) is struggling to keep it together. Now, let's say that Sonic's... attitude is toned down to make Tails feel less annoyed and less constrained.

It would come across as if Tails knows that Sonic isn't at fault, but at the same time, he begins to feel as if he couldn't do ALL the things he wants to do in such limited space. He eventually snaps at Sonic, before regretting his words. I would be a bit upset with Tails, but at least I could see where he is coming from. It would also KEEP my sympathy for Sonic constant. If the Toy Story writers can make Woody more likable in the movie, why couldn't the Sonic Boom writers do the same for Sonic (and Amy) in this episode? That would have made for a slightly better episode, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

I know Donnie said "Robots in the Sky" might be the peak of this season though.

In my opinion, anyway. =P

I do think that you guys will enjoy it, though, just on the basis alone that the characters' actions aren't questionable. There's very little conflict between the group, outside of the usual banter, and I even had some newfound respect for the villagers by the end of part 2. However, whether you also feel that it's the peak of the season, I don't know. We'll just have to see.

It feels weird not having to go out of my way to watch May's episodes. It's also very difficult to not spoil anything. Mainly because I don't want to ruin the jokes.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

The only reason I complain about people getting along and fighting, in the show, is because the show does this in the wrong areas. Let's take... The Sidekick, for instance. The first episode introduces us... *etc etc etc*

You're treating this like it's a character drama with enough time to properly establish and explore characters in every episode. It's not a character drama, it's a sitcom; and it's one with a crappy 11 minute time slot. Characters' identities are compromised at times for references, or comedic effect: that's just the way Sonic Boom is; the writers don't have the time to establish enough character to even use many character jokes, let alone explore Sonic and Tails' friendship in any great detail.

Sometimes the characters appear to change very quickly, but only because they have to move the plot along at some speed (they get away with most of it by using montages), perhaps if they had a longer time slot the characters would be more understandable in their actions but at this point the writers simply can't fit it in. Maybe Robots from the Sky will have more of what you're looking for, I dunno (we'll find out soon I guess).

Also, remember that these aren't the Sonic characters from Sonic X or the comics, this is a spin-off with Boom Sonic, Boom Tails, Boom Knuckles and so on and so forth. The writers can write them in any way they like, and although it's not consistent with the "canon" (or what's left of it) it's been very consistent in and of itself during Season 2.

Anyway, can't wait to see all of Robots from the Sky over the course of the next month (Christ I hate you CN...)

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Mr Kingalocious said:

the writers don't have the time to establish enough character to even use many character jokes, let alone explore Sonic and Tails' friendship in any great detail.

And after people see "Robots In The Sky", I think their desire for the writers to get more time will be greater than ever. The multi-parter had, bar none, the best plot pacing out of all the Boom episodes I've seen so far. It had plot twist after plot twist, and there was a gradual build-up to the final showdown. But most importantly, the ending didn't feel rushed like a few Boom episodes had been in the past.

I honestly can't think of anything that I thought went wrong in Robots In The Sky. And i don't say that often for a Sonic product nowadays. =P

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, Mr Kingalocious said:

Maybe Robots from the Sky will have more of what you're looking for

The three parts of the four-part episode did. The action was pretty good and Hypnobot (on his own) did a great job at wreaking havoc on Hedgehog Village. I watched the episodes in French, by the way.

GODAMMIT SPOILERS

Boy, this arc sounds pretty exciting, looking forward to it! Do you think they could do the same kind of hype for this season's finale?

I wouldn't know how they could end off Season 2, maybe with another multiparter where we see Shadow and Metal along with other characters from the main series, maybe? I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/5/2017 at 9:55 AM, Soni said:

I wouldn't know how they could end off Season 2, maybe with another multiparter where we see Shadow and Metal along with other characters from the main series, maybe? I don't know.

I imagined something like that. Basically an even bigger version of the S1 finale, but with ties back to the game lore, and the assembled armies of good and evil ready to clash (probably just resulting in a wacky secondary character melee given all the ST allies except Mighton and Bolts (and arguably also Perci) and some more people fighting alongside team Sonic against the enemy) 

Just now, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

I imagined something like that. Basically an even bigger version of the S1 finale, but with ties back to the game lore, and the assembled armies of good and evil ready to clash (probably just resulting in a wacky secondary character melee given all the ST allies except Mighton and Bults (and arguably also Perci) and some more people fighting alongside team Sonic against the enemy) 

I hope you're talking about the Boom games and not the main series because it was already mentioned that Boom will not do their own takes on the those games, Boom is its own continuity.

Just now, Soni said:

I hope you're talking about the Boom games and not the main series because it was already mentioned that Boom will not do their own takes on the those games, Boom is its own continuity.

Yes, I meant the Boom trilogy in that case. I wonder how the rest of the RoL villagers would work?