Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, sinclair said:

I loved the scene where Amy says "I hope Sonic is out there kicking butt!" and the show cuts to him goofily playing with a seat in the spaceship that crashed. lol 

His laugh is what got me, lol. Dude's such a goofball and I love him for it.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

His laugh is what got me, lol. Dude's such a goofball and I love him for it.

Haha agreed! He sounded so innocent. XD lol 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sinclair said:

A may be a little bit behind on this but why is everyone putting everything underneath a "reveal hidden contents" box? The episode already came out. 0_o 

Because some people have to make big deals over info getting out, no matter how old the episode is. Instead of arguing with them, or letting them throw fits, it's better to just be respectful, and use spoiler tags. 

Your Boom trio, @AAUK, @DoubleXXCross and @SSF1991, are back again with a Boom commentary that's a tad bit more wetter than usual!

Spoiler

Also I have been watching Robots from the Sky but I'll give my thoughts after all 4 parts have aired. But I will say I'm really loving it so far.

• Thumbs Up 3

Spoiler

Robots in the sky Part 2 may be one of my favorite episodes of the whole series.

It really felt like an action show  (not that i don't like the comedy, )  and didn't run out of time like the other episodes.Tails and sonic teaming up in the plane was good fun. Tails catching a falling sonic was one of the coolest stunts I've seen. We also got to see a whole variety of eggman robots. Amy going Ham was amazing to watch.

A nice surprise at the end that the Robot Utopia looks more like a dystopia makes you wonder what happened 

I thought the comedy was really good:

- Tails Plan B, pudding in a bowling shoe seemed like it was random but then it was called back by knuckles later in the episode
-Sticks being worried that Tails was going to fix the robots
-Amy explaining Turquoise and Teal to sonic

- Sonic taking about the mayor was always flip-flopping during election year

I really hope the rest of the episodes are like this one because I see a lot I like in here with the writing and direction.

A fantastic episode I hope the next episode continues the quality.

I'm not actually sure about the merit of this, but this is another "leak/rumor" about Season 3 actually happening.

48 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

I'm not actually sure about the merit of this, but this is another "leak/rumor" about Season 3 actually happening.

Maybe this indicates the Super Genesis Wave for Season 3? 

2 minutes ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

Excuse me for being a bit dense, but what's the Super Genesis Wave?

3 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Excuse me for being a bit dense, but what's the Super Genesis Wave?

Basically it's a semi-reboot. Totally new universe but the tone/characters are unchanged. Something like that.

Also, it's kinda strange if it is a reboot for sonic boom. A revival makes more sense. 

Just now, CottonCandy said:

Basically it's a semi-reboot. Totally new universe but the tone/characters are unchanged. Something like that.

Also, it's kinda strange if it is a reboot for sonic boom. A revival makes more sense. 

Oh, I see. So if this is indeed true, Boom will be getting some kind of reboot? Strange, as Boom itself is kind of a reboot of Sonic in general. Interested to see how that'll go if it ends up being correct, and what will they do with said new universe.

Here's some Denton Details of Part 2:

And my thoughts for RFTS part 2:

Spoiler

Robots From the Sky Part 2 was pretty good! This part had some really good expressions, mostly from Sonic. Once again, the animation here is pretty good! I felt that this part was more action oriented than humor. But when the humor bit comes, it’s funny. (Also, something tells me Knuckles complaining about cliffhangers is gonna be a running gag for this arc).

What I liked about the episode were the interactions. Im gonna say briefly that the interaction between Eggman, Orbot and Cubot was pretty nice. Eggman acknowledging them for cheering him up after his defeat was rare but a neat moment. Too bad Orbot and Cubot were suddenly zapped by some rings…

Sonic and Tails interaction during the dogfight scene was also nice! There were some humor moments, such as Sonic landing oddly after beating one of the robot ships. The voice acting was pretty good. Tails bringing back the codenames from The Sidekick was a neat callback and funny when Sonic mentioned he was behind him.

Some of Sonic's expressions were pretty funny, I think there were more saddest/worried faces here in this episode.

tumblr_opzbtx9NyC1udzlioo1_500.pngtumblr_opzbtx9NyC1udzlioo2_500.pngtumblr_opzbtx9NyC1udzlioo3_400.pngtumblr_opzbtx9NyC1udzlioo4_400.png

Several other funny moments included Knuckles defeating the Beetle Bot while having pudding from a shoe (what), as well as him mentioning Amy’s character jump from different canons. Another funny moment was Sonic enjoying the recliner chairs in the new ship, and that scene came after Amy wonders whether Sonic was kicking bot back there.

As mentioned before, this episode was more action oriented, but the animation helped make the fights dynamic once more. The stances are also nicely done, mainly from Sticks and her Bo staff and Knuckles in this scene-

tumblr_inline_opxnmdUT6X1taxesp_400.gif 

The dogfight in this episode was one of the better plane action scenes than the usual one from Season one. and that “DO A BARREL ROLL” reference! I think there’s very few references this time, and I like how this arc is focusing more on the action and humor. Another neat expression tidbit was when Sticks still kept her stance when Friendbot arrived. Did the gang forget to tell her that he’s another ally?

So overall, another good episode! Bring on Part 3!

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Oh, I see. So if this is indeed true, Boom will be getting some kind of reboot? Strange, as Boom itself is kind of a reboot of Sonic in general. Interested to see how that'll go if it ends up being correct, and what will they do with said new universe.

it makes sense. I've made mention of it before with shadow, but really it applies to the whole thing. 

Sonic boom this TV comes from a very unorganized new franchise, it was IIRC supposed to be a different thing from those games at first and its wrapped into those now, ontop of those failing. I would imagine, the whole brand might go through some metamorphosis to stay coherent at some point in the future. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

Or this person is misinformed and think Sonic Boom is a reboot. Also why should we trust this tweet anyway? Is this a reliable source?

On 5/13/2017 at 9:32 PM, SonicWind said:

I mean, it's a little more important we keep spoilers under wraps, because this is a story arc. I don't want to risk ruining anyone's experience.

It literally says in the thread title "untagged spoilers"...so obviously this thread will have them. There's a warning.

Anyway, glad to see that people have been liking Robots From The Sky. At least my overly-positive impressions weren't that exaggerated. :P

18 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

It literally says in the thread title "untagged spoilers"...so obviously this thread will have them. There's a warning.

Alright, you got me there. Sometimes I forget about that.

Good news! I looked up Sonic Boom on Xfinity on Demand and I saw that the episodes Muckfoot, Nominatus Rising, Eggman's Brother and Do Not Disturb came on Demand!

I think by the reboot they just mean they will change focus on the Boom sub-franchise to be more about the TV show that the games because the only Boom thing that has worked is the TV show. Maybe they'll bring it back to CN or change it to another network or distribute it by streaming sites like Netflix and Hulu. Maybe they'll rework it to change the lore, story and characters that the games left incomplete and thus untouchable. Like what Shadowlax says about Shadow for example.

Great news!! Sonic Boom Season 2 episodes

1.) Muckfoot

2.) Eggman's Brother

3.) Nominatus Rising

Are now in HD on demand!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Good to hear we'll still be getting episodes on HD.

Makes me wonder whether CN will post the RFTS arc in HD all in one go much later on?

I'm hoping it's just temporary, because Sling TV on demand for Sonic Boom is gone. There are absolutely no more on demand reruns of Sonic Boom for Sling TV on Demand... That's a shame, because as of yesterday, every episode between Multi Tails and Mom Bot was available, but now there's nothing... 

On 5/15/2017 at 8:50 PM, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Great news!! Sonic Boom Season 2 episodes

1.) Muckfoot

2.) Eggman's Brother

3.) Nominatus Rising

Are now in HD on demand!!

Where? I checked Cartoon Network on Demand, and there are no season 2 episodes there anymore. Sling TV got rid of Sonic Boom on Demand period. If you try searching for Sonic Boom on Sling's search bar, the show no longer shows up. What the heck is going on here?! It's so unfair to be legally paying to watch the show, yet have no access to watching the show... Cartoon Network sucks!... 

5 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Where? I checked Cartoon Network on Demand, and there are no season 2 episodes there anymore. Sling TV got rid of Sonic Boom on Demand period. If you try searching for Sonic Boom on Sling's search bar, the show no longer shows up. What the heck is going on here?! It's so unfair to be legally paying to watch the show, yet have no access to watching the show... Cartoon Network sucks!... 

It's on Xfinity on demand

3 hours ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

It's on Xfinity on demand

Just for Xfinity? That sucks... Sega needs to do something about this...