Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

With the game plan kinda messed up right now, I do wonder if Sega will really hand the Boom crew free reign on what to make of the Boom verse. But if they do we must keep in mind that such thing wouldn't come into effect into at least season 3. This show is quite popular (well it's being messy in the US right now, but it does great on foreign countries) and not that expensive and sticks to the game canon enough unlike previous cartoons.

"Robots from the Sky" Part One was a pretty dang enjoyable episode. Full of action and humor. Can't wait to see where the plot goes from here!

Spoiler

Who were those things that fired lasers at our heroes? And most importantly, is Tails gonna be alright?

Robots From The Sky Part 1 Spoiler Review

Spoiler

Part 1 was good, I really liked the reference to "Sky Sanctuary Zone" from Sonic & Knuckles.

The episode starts off with the gang holding a charity car wash, but Eggman attacks Sonic and pals, claiming they stole from his change cup, while cleaning his Egg Mobile. Meanwhile, two alien robots named Mighton and Bolts land on Sonic's planet, and witness Sonic and pals destroying Eggman's robots. They mistaken Sonic and pals as savages who destroy robots for pleasure, and end up attacking them. Bolts ties up Sonic and friends, using his detachable stretchy arm, which he can manage to regrow back onto his body, upon detaching. Eggman tricks Mighton and Bolts into working with him, and they fly off to his lair.

As Sonic and pals break free of Bolts's arm, Tails decides to study it's technology, which leads him and the gang to Mighton and Bolts's space ship. Meanwhile, Mighton and Bolts tell Eggman where they're from, and reveal they're from Moris Town, to which Orbot and Cubot criticize the name, and ask why they didn't name it something cooler, like Sky Sanctuary (lol.) Mars Town was a paradise where robots lived in harmony, with no evil tyrants to control them, which gives Eggman an idea. Eventually, Mighton and Bolts see how poorly Eggman treats his enslaved robots, and they realize Eggman is not the man they thought he was. Mighton and Bolts even offer Orbot and Cubot to come along with them, However, Eggman traps Mighton and Bolts, and tells them they're not going anywhere.

Orbot and Cubot sneak out, and beg Sonic and pals to save Mighton and Bolts from Eggman. Sonic and pals decide to break into Eggman's lair, and save Mighton and Bolts. After being saved, Orbot and Cubot decide to stay behind with Eggman. Tails helps repair Mighton and Bolts's ship, and they thank Sonic and pals for saving them, while apologizing to them for how they misjudged them.
There's even a good call back to "The Unnamed Episode", where after Mighton mentions the name of their home, the others start mentioning how the name could have been better. Bolts then compliments them by saying everyone here has better suggestions for what their name should be called, and he asks what the name of their village is. Knuckles then says "Well, it was formerly referred to as the Unnamed Village, but now it's called Hedgehog Villager" There's then a long awkward pause, and Mighton and Bolts decide to say farewell. 

As soon as they leave though, some mysterious robots who are hiding in the bushes pull out some laser guns, and start shooting. Tails gets blasted, and the gang freaks out, and gathers around Tails. The episode fades to black, and we hear Knuckles say "Oh man, I hate cliffhanger endings!..." 

I thought it was pretty good. It sucks that we have to wait 3 more weeks, just to see the rest of it... 

48 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

"Robots from the Sky" Part One was a pretty dang enjoyable episode. Full of action and humor. Can't wait to see where the plot goes from here!

Hide contents

Who were those things that fired lasers at our heroes? And most importantly, is Tails gonna be alright?

I won't say, but the answer is surprising. 

I'm guessing Wally Wingert voiced Mighton, while Mike Pollock voiced Bolts. Mighton's voice had a few similarities to Willy Walrus and Tommy Thunder, except he sounded tougher, and less idiotic. Bolts kind of sounded like  a more upbeat version of Fastidious beaver, but didn't have a buck toothed sounding voice, and he didn't sound like he was always bored. 

Spoiler

In regards to the ending of Robots From the Sky Part 1, I feel kind of bad for Amy and Sticks during that scene, lol. Here Sticks did a nice gesture by naming the town after Amy, yet Mighton and Bolts are likely left thinking "Hedgehog Village" is a bad name.

1 minute ago, VeryGoodName said:

I hope that Robots From The Sky Parts 1 & 2 will air on Cartoon Network May 20th

It won't

5 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I'm guessing Wally Wingert voiced Mighton, while Mike Pollock voiced Bolts. Mighton's voice had a few similarities to Willy Walrus and Tommy Thunder, except he sounded tougher, and less idiotic. Bolts kind of sounded like  a more upbeat version of Fastidious beaver, but didn't have a buck toothed sounding voice, and he didn't sound like he was always bored. 

Mighton sounded a bit like Nominatus to me tbh. But yeah you could be right about the voices, though I thought Kirk Thornton or even Roger would voice Bolts.

17 minutes ago, Judge Bot said:

Mighton sounded a bit like Nominatus to me tbh. But yeah you could be right about the voices, though I thought Kirk Thornton or even Roger would voice Bolts.

What do you know, it turns out Wally Wingert voiced Nominatus as well. And I thought Wally only voiced Cubot, yet it turns out he voiced Willy Walrus, Nominatus, Tommy Thunder, and Mighton. 

19 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Does he really need an entire episode dedicated to explaining "I'm blue and run fast?"

No. -_-

19 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Uh... what? Sigh. Didn't you read the idea I had for the 10-minute episode?

4 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Uh... what? Sigh. Didn't you read the idea I had for the 10-mniute episode?

... ... ...

It's linked to in the post you quoted....

Okay I just watched it. It was a really cool episode. The animation team seems to have really stepped it up for this one. The fight in this episode actually really made me think it was cool. And those new robot designs Eggman used were really neat too, especially the Firebot. Really shows that this show can have some nice action as well as comedy when it wants too.

But on the humor side that was really good too. I liked how Cubot and Orbot rat out Eggman so often that even the team makes fun of them for it. And the best joke was "It's a robot utopia where all robots treat each other with respect, and no one talks about politics on social media" took me by surprise, I laughed out loud.

The multi-parts is of to a good start. Can't wait for part 2! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Finally seen Robots in the Sky Part 1. Stated my thoughts in tumblr, and doing so here. I think this part is putting this arc to a good start!

Spoiler
  • I felt this was very action oriented, and the animation helped in making these fights more dynamic again. Some of the fights were interesting as well, specifically the one in Eggman's layer, and Mighton and Bolts using their skills in beating Eggman. The slow motion scenes felt well timed, especially during the end. Some of the expressions were pretty nice!
  • There were some funny moments. Never expected Eggman to yell "BOOM SHAKA LAKA!" And Sticks in this episode trying to hit Mighton with a brick only for Sonic not telling her to do it was amusing. Her expressions throughout the episode are funny! The gang not being amused by Sticks' "Robo apocalypse" theory reminded me of the time she mentioned that in the Translate This episode. The awkward silence after Knuckles explains how the name of the village came to be was funny as well.
  • Some of the interactions here were pretty nice! I think my favourite one was when Bolts offered Orbot and Cubot to stay in their city, Morris Town (really?) Look how happy they were when they got that invitation!

tumblr_inline_opl0c4n6vD1taxesp_500.png

• What got me was that Tails gets hurt again in the end of this episode. Audible gasp when that happened in slow motion. Sonic and friends calling out in horror added to the tension. I think that was a bit more tensed than the time when Tails got injuries from the plane crash way back in Season one!

Overall, it was a good episode, bring on Part 2!

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok is it just me or was Mighton going for a voice type like in AoSTH? Like that grumbly near mumble that a couple of secondary AoSTH characters had. Maybe I'm just imaging things IDK.

This was a blast. There were several jokes I laughed at like the terrible name for the Robot city, The bit where Sticks was going to bash Mighton with a brick, "Or maybe you guys are the Sonic and Tails of the Sky." "Agree to disagree." And the bit about the Village's name.

Also I wonder if "Sky Sanctuary" was an intentional nod. I'm pretty sure it was but it could have been a happy accident.

All-in-all I enjoyed it and can't wait for the next parts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess I'll make this brief since I kinda already saw the 4-parter, but I thought it was great yet again. Now have to wait another week to watch the next part. Darnit.

Spoiler

Can you use the spoiler tag for spoiler videos like that? Not all of us can watch the show on Boomerang...

Sorry. Assumed everyone had watched it already,

Spoiler

Good episode, surprised about  the cliffhanger the social media good was flames. I'm so glad we can have a four parter so the show can tell a more grand story 

Edited by SuaveKnux

1 hour ago, VeryGoodName said:

@blazefan519 was right

Sonic Boom really isn't airing on Cartoon Network on May 20th

http://tv.twcc.com/listings/cartoon-network?offset=13

If the show doesn't come back to CN by July then I highly doubt that it will ever come back

It's been gone since forever now. I'd be more surprised if it actually did end up coming back. It's not surprising at all at this point.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's not surprising, but it isn't happy either

True, but if Boom coming to Netflix in the U.S. is true, it won't even matter. Netflix is better in literally every single way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Denton Details time!

Dang, that's a lotta work with a lack of sleep-

I wonder if the name will be changed later on in the arc?

Part 2 might be Alan's favourite, I wonder why...

(Also it turns out tweets are embbed when you do it on the desktop...)

Amongst all this hype for Robots in the Sky, I suddenly got a fun idea for an episode.

Eggman tries to attack Team Sonic as usual, and is getting his butt whupped as usual. As a last fighting chance, he sends Metal Sonic at the team, and Sonic easily overpowers him. Eggman being defeated, Sonic taunts that there's "no Sonic better than me." Eggman takes it as a challenge, and brings Metal Sonic back to his lair. He starts to modify Metal Sonic to be better in every way. In speed, fighting skills, in playing video games, in being a good friend, in making cookies!

He sends Metal Sonic into the village to become friends with Team Sonic. Sonic grows skeptic of Eggman's creation, but the rest of the team really warm up to him, and enjoy Metal Sonic more than Sonic. Then, after Eggman attempts to attack the village again, completely forgetting about Metal Sonic, Metal Sonic easily stops him, and Sonic is replaced for good.

Sonic is, of course, not happy about it. An outcast to the village and his friends, he wants to stop Metal Sonic. Eggman attacks the village again, and Team Metal Sonic (as they're now called) stops him. Then Metal Sonic follows Eggman back to his lair to defeat him once and for all. The rest of the team try to stop him, but Metal Sonic turns on them, too. Terrified of what Metal Sonic has become, the team asks for Sonic to come back. Still annoyed about being replaced, Sonic refuses to come back. But being told he's bringing down Metal Sonic convinces him to come back and stop the bot.

Taking down Metal Sonic, the team accept Sonic back, apologising for replacing him. Sonic accepts the apology, glad to be back. And he's right, no Sonic is better than him. Eggman takes Metal Sonic back in, threatening the team he'll come back with a better Sonic that won't betray him next time.

Could be a fun episode (even if the idea might have been used before). And it gives Metal Sonic much needed screentime.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Amongst all this hype for Robots in the Sky, I suddenly got a fun idea for an episode.

Eggman tries to attack Team Sonic as usual, and is getting his butt whupped as usual. As a last fighting chance, he sends Metal Sonic at the team, and Sonic easily overpowers him. Eggman being defeated, Sonic taunts that there's "no Sonic better than me." Eggman takes it as a challenge, and brings Metal Sonic back to his lair. He starts to modify Metal Sonic to be better in every way. In speed, fighting skills, in playing video games, in being a good friend, in making cookies!

He sends Metal Sonic into the village to become friends with Team Sonic. Sonic grows skeptic of Eggman's creation, but the rest of the team really warm up to him, and enjoy Metal Sonic more than Sonic. Then, after Eggman attempts to attack the village again, completely forgetting about Metal Sonic, Metal Sonic easily stops him, and Sonic is replaced for good.

Sonic is, of course, not happy about it. An outcast to the village and his friends, he wants to stop Metal Sonic. Eggman attacks the village again, and Team Metal Sonic (as they're now called) stops him. Then Metal Sonic follows Eggman back to his lair to defeat him once and for all. The rest of the team try to stop him, but Metal Sonic turns on them, too. Terrified of what Metal Sonic has become, the team asks for Sonic to come back. Still annoyed about being replaced, Sonic refuses to come back. But being told he's bringing down Metal Sonic convinces him to come back and stop the bot.

Taking down Metal Sonic, the team accept Sonic back, apologising for replacing him. Sonic accepts the apology, glad to be back. And he's right, no Sonic is better than him. Eggman takes Metal Sonic back in, threatening the team he'll come back with a better Sonic that won't betray him next time.

Could be a fun episode (even if the idea might have been used before). And it gives Metal Sonic much needed screentime.

That honestly sounds depressing... We already got Green with Envy, we don't need another episode that relies on Sonic looking bad, thanks to someone stealing Sonic's thunder. 

5 hours ago, Polkadi said:

That seems like a fair idea, but I would prefer it if Sonic's friends (along with Sonic) and a few villagers were suspicious of Metal Sonic's (and Eggman's) motives.

21 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

That honestly sounds depressing... We already got Green with Envy, we don't need another episode that relies on Sonic looking bad, thanks to someone stealing Sonic's thunder. 

Didn't mean to make it depressing, whoooops :\

And I knew about Green With Envy... My idea was "Sonic says he's the best Sonic, and Eggman challenges him to that."