Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

19 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

But most people do get the story and characters just fine. I can only think of 3-4 episodes that most people universally disliked, but then you have people who constantly nitpick and end up blowing the problems with an episode out of proportion or just make stuff up entirely.

I think that mysteriousgirl is wrong. Having characters not be nice to each other all the time is natural especially with characters who are like family. Heck I wish it would come up more often in more realistic ways. I kind of wish a more blunt and somewhat callous version would happen with knuckles in the comic, but due to sega's change in  their dynamic since heroes, to now, and especially in boom it wouldn't happen. So maybe they could just have more, serious problems and arguments not too serious but maybe issues in team stuff. 

They could still do it with shadow , I would imagine. Folks weren't really fond of his previous representations in boom, and there were changes. It would be interesting, if they backed off of the whole failed rival thing, no one really cares for because there isn't enough games and actual narrative in boom to ever expand that into anything interesting. So they do have room to experiment with who he is, it would be cool if they went strait callous , and he doesn't really like any of them. Like they were playing up this rival thing, and its revealed he actually doesn't like any of them, explains it in blunt cold terms about how he dislikes all their personality except like 1, maybe tails, and he already has a team, and then redesigned rugabat comes walking in. I would die laughing, that's the kind of blunt expected strait punch joke I would love. 

Rambling, and haven't actually gotten to my point. Short: I don't think mysterious girl is right, but I think you are underplaying the general disdain and disinterest this show has in the fanbase and outside of it. There are a lot of people who don't like, and a lot of people who don't care. Its weird to, watching people who discuss cartoons, actively discuss other sponsored shows, talk about CN and then just not talk about boom like it doesn't exist. Its really weird actually, I have to remind people at times its still a thing. 

Well it doesn't help that the show is still stuck on Boomerang and CN gives it no promotion at all and the only promotion it gets are little posts on the Sonic twitter and tumblr.

Maybe then people would be aware of it, if it was actually promoted it. And being able to see it on a network that people actually watch and with better video quality, yes that would help quite a lot too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Boom isn't even on the CN schedule any more. Like, it's not even in the key and just listed as 0 episodes showing, it's gone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Suffice to say, seems like Boom is a Boomerang exclusive at this point and it is doing well enough in that channel, getting fairly solid ratings week by week.

And hey, you can still watch the episodes in HD through CN on Demand right?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Maybe it's because they figured out a way to get around the story. Some or most of the stories, to me, are being mean-spirited for the sake of being mean-spirited. If the story was to make things go wrong for the heroes understandably, then maybe I would like this show a little more. Especially when it comes to the villagers turning against the heroes. The 10-minute stories tend to rush things just for the sake of time constraints. Maybe if the episodes were 10 mins longer, I'm sure that some people would see the message behind the stories themselves.

Let's take Mech Suits Me, for instance. The episode has Sonic turn evil 5 mins after wearing the discount Charlie suit. If you want to make a 10-minute episode turn Sonic evil from the suit, why not do it in the middle of the episode instead of the beginning? It will show that Sonic is aware of what is happening, but he finds it difficult to try to get out of the suit because it increases his speed and strength.

And as for Amy, she bragged about her archaeological knowledge (which was at first squandered by an arrow on the wall) after she told her team to help dig up ancient artifacts to help Sonic. And when Tails found something, she got upset. And at the end of the episode, she got angry when Sonic truthfully expressed what he remembered about the female bandicoot twins. I have to wonder: was Amy written like this just to make Sonic any better? If that's the case, making someone a bigger jerk doesn't make the big jerk any better.

Like I once said about this episode, it should have been a two-part episode where Sonic is being controlled by the suit (part 1) and Team Sonic try to stop him before it's too late (part 2.)

Or it's probably because most of the stories are easy to understand and don't really have that many problems with. Just a thought. The villagers are there to cause conflict, without one, there wouldn't be any episodes. Yes, Eggman can cause conflict as well, but they can't force him in every ep or else it'll feel monotonous.

There's only 11 minutes, you gotta get to the point or else there'll be nothing else left. If anything happened in the middle of an episode, then the conflict gets resolved too quickly and the rest of the ep feels like it's rushed. While I would like for 22 minute episodes, it's not needed as they can easily put together a story and have to where most people understand what's going on.

And we go with the Amy stuff again, hooray. Amy's already shown how good she is when it comes to archaeology. The Rock Monster from Season one, reading the manuscripts in Blackout, and so on. Of course she's going to have her confidence in her skill and when the rest of the team pull something off that she's probably spent months on in just a couple of seconds without even trying, of course she'll be displeased. And it's not like she held a grudge against them or anything, it only lasted for 2 seconds so I don't see the problem. It wasn't what Sonic recalled that angered her, but it was how he said it (lol, references). It was in a very suggestive tone.

Like I once said it doesn't need the 22 minutes or a two-parter. The episode didn't really call for it and it was able to tell its story perfectly fine. An episode like Robots in the Sky? Yeah, now that's a story that couldn't be told in a mere 11 minute run-time.

But I don't feel like arguing with you anymore because it just makes my already terrible day ten times worse so if neither of our standpoints are going to change, we might as well end it here.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Soni said:

Suffice to say, seems like Boom is a Boomerang exclusive at this point and it is doing well enough in that channel, getting fairly solid ratings week by week.

And hey, you can still watch the episodes in HD through CN on Demand right?

Not really, it's been a whole month, and there are still 4 episodes that haven't aired in HD on demand yet, starting with "MuckFoot" 

8 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

At least it's still on demand. 

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/sonic-boom/episodes/season-2.html

Well, the first season anyway. 

You know, @Mayor D did say last year that he was considering doing a "The Spin" article on Cartoon Network. Now would probably be the best time to do one. 

Not for those with Sling TV though. We're only stuck with every episode that aired after Multi-Tails, except for the 4 episodes that aired recently. That's what sucks about on Demand, you have to have an actual cable provider, that is compatible with CN's website. There's no alternative. I don't watch TV much, because I don't care for most shows that air now in days, I only have Sling TV at the moment, just for Sonic Boom, so it sucks that I have to spend $26 a month, just to watch 4 new episodes a month... It's a real pain ... I wish there was a new TV service that allowed us to pay for individual channels for a fair amount, and no more of this bundled bull crap... 

4 hours ago, VeryGoodName said:

Sonic Boom got removed from Cartoon Network's website

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/index.html?atclk_gn=un_video_see-all-video

A part of me wants to believe that it's because the show will move to another network at some point

The other part of me has a bad feeling that it's because the show is going to stay on Boomerang and die

Ahem it's still there

Spoiler

Screenshot 2017-05-01 at 11.00.54 PM.png

Maybe the plot of 'Do Not Disturb' should have been about Team Sonic trying to build a home for the female widabit so that she would have a place of her own... along with her mate.

33 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

So, Geekified has an article about Boom's appearance at the Bentonville Film Festival as detailed in the last Sonic livestream (written by Marlene Sharp, who doesn't just work as a TV show producer at SEGA but is a columnist on the website-- go figure), and in that article, there's the debut of a shiny new season 2 poster!

Apparently, Kazuyuki Hoshino (a character designer on the Sonic series, for those unaware; you have him to thank for Metal Sonic) worked on this one.

sonic_boom_season_2_geekified_exclusive-

This seems suspiciously "Robots from the Sky"-themed. Hmm...

I see all the Auxilary Team Sonic members... except for Bea the Bee (and D-Fekt if he counts). 

51 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

So, Geekified has an article about Boom's appearance at the Bentonville Film Festival as detailed in the last Sonic livestream (written by Marlene Sharp, who doesn't just work as a TV show producer at SEGA but is a columnist on the website-- go figure), and in that article, there's the debut of a shiny new season 2 poster!

Apparently, Kazuyuki Hoshino (a character designer on the Sonic series, for those unaware; you have him to thank for Metal Sonic) worked on this one.

According to Bill while it is a big focus for this poster, FreindBot and Sonic's Mech Suit are there to showcase how much bigger Season 2 has grown the show.

Spoiler

According to spoilers, Og does appear in the multiparter, right?

1 hour ago, Soni said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yes, but only briefly.

2 hours ago, Soni said:

According to Bill while it is a big focus for this poster, FreindBot and Sonic's Mech Suit are there to showcase how much bigger Season 2 has grown the show.

Hide contents

He was barely in it though, it almost felt pointless to have him show up, just to serve as a backround character.

4 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:
4 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Maybe the plot of 'Do Not Disturb' should have been about Team Sonic trying to build a home for the female widabit so that she would have a place of her own... along with her mate.

Were you paying attention in that episode? They couldn't move the female off it's chosen nesting ground, until it's mating season was finished.

People can get arrested for even touching an endangered species in it's chosen nesting area. Sonic, Amy, and Tails were able to touch the  male widabit , because it didn't settle in for a nesting area, and they were trying to hook it up with the female Widabit.

It's a price civilized people have to pay. Keep in mind that before civilization, animals lived in many areas, but were kicked out, due to civilization building over their homes. When environmentalists find signs of an endangered species, they take drastic measures to try and save the remaining species. Just look at the dodo bird, if we had environmentalists back than, to help keep the species alive, then maybe they wouldn't be extinct.

This episode was a parody of how extreme environmentalists take things, and it is supposed to seem ridiculous...

Just give it some time. It'll probably be on Cartoon Network on Demand next week, hopefully.

6 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Holy crap that looks good! 

I see the Blue Force One also, as well as Mighton and Bolts, and the other robot dude!

5 hours ago, Soni said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Og appears briefly, though I should point out that FriendBot appears as well.

4 hours ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Just give it some time. It'll probably be on Cartoon Network on Demand next week, hopefully.

It's been a month, and 4 episodes are still missing, it shouldn't have to take that long for at least one episode to show up... 

9 hours ago, SonicWind said:

I feel so bad for Kazuyuki Hoshino, for all his work in making this wonderful promo art, only to not have Sega, or Boomerang/CN help out at all with getting it's message out there... Come on Sega/CN! There's a big 4 part special airing all month long, and you guys are doing nothing to rake in the viewers! Wasted potential! It's a real shame too, because just watching a low res French version was still impressive, despite not understanding a word they were saying! 

Here's the plot synopsis for "Robots from the Sky" Part 1:

And the title card of Part 2:

Looks like the Cubot prototypes are back...

More hilariously bad Google/Youtube Closed Captioning fails. The language on some of these characters, LOL! 

40 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

I'm not so sure about SEGA, but the show has a better chance of moving to a different channel (like Disney XD) then it has of getting promoted by Cartoon Network

I think Sega deserves to share the blame. They know very well that people want to watch the show, yet do absolutely nothing to help promote the show. They're just letting CN continue to neglect the show. Sega owns the rights to Sonic the Hedgehog, and they should have the power to tell CN if they're unhappy with how they're mistreating the show, but they sit back and do nothing, while the ratings plummet, and at the expense of all the hard workers on the show, and all the supporting fans who pay to watch the show. 

By the way, this schedule confirms the fourth part of "Robots from the Sky" will air the week after the third part.

Told you CN wasn't that stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1