Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

8 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Og was the only one I rooted for, because he was the only other one to try and protect the others, before Knuckles stepped in with a speech that inspired the villagers out of negativity. If Zooey really cared, then why didn't she help fight back, before Knuckles made a speech? Knuckles even flat out states to " fight back, not for your family, or friends, but because they took our stuff" The fact that those words were what inspired the village to help out, just made the villagers seem very uncaring, selfish, and unappreciative of all that Sonic and friends have to put up with. So Lady Walrus didn't fight back to protect her children, she fought back, because the robots destroyed her stuff? I don't know, that whole scene just felt wrong to me... It was kind of funny, but I'm getting sick of the writers constantly trying to make the villagers uncaring jerks. Shouldn't we be rooting for Sonic and pals to defend these guys, so why root for people that don't give a crap about Sonic and pals?  Not to mention how the villagers really didn't stop the robot onslaught, they got lucky in the end, since Hypnobot was defeated. We don't know how well the villagers actually fought back, because the show didn't focus enough on it. If Hypnobot never got defeated, the villagers would have tired out eventually, and realized they were outmatched.  It didn't take real long for Hypnobot to get defeated, and it fooled the villagers into thinking they scared the enemies off. 

I think the villagers fighting was suppose to be funny don't ruin the episode

13 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Og was the only one I rooted for, because he was the only other one to try and protect the others, before Knuckles stepped in with a speech that inspired the villagers out of negativity. If Zooey really cared, then why didn't she help fight back, before Knuckles made a speech? Knuckles even flat out states to " fight back, not for your family, or friends, but because they took our stuff" The fact that those words were what inspired the village to help out, just made the villagers seem very uncaring, selfish, and unappreciative of all that Sonic and friends have to put up with. So Lady Walrus didn't fight back to protect her children, she fought back, because the robots destroyed her stuff? I don't know, that whole scene just felt wrong to me... It was kind of funny, but I'm getting sick of the writers constantly trying to make the villagers uncaring jerks. Shouldn't we be rooting for Sonic and pals to defend these guys, so why root for people that don't give a crap about Sonic and pals?  Not to mention how the villagers really didn't stop the robot onslaught, they got lucky in the end, since Hypnobot was defeated. We don't know how well the villagers actually fought back, because the show didn't focus enough on it. If Hypnobot never got defeated, the villagers would have tired out eventually, and realized they were outmatched.  It didn't take real long for Hypnobot to get defeated, and it fooled the villagers into thinking they scared the enemies off. 

She was afraid of the robots. She feared their move, as she had rarely even encountered them before. (Og's chi transfer probably allowed her to face her fears Head-on). Perhaps the robots were initially giving her a beating even though she tried to fight back? I imagine without the main crew Og was also on the losing end of the fight. 

(I think the S2 finale arc will involve someone going Cyclops on the uncaring villagers and destroying the village)

54 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

I think the villagers fighting was suppose to be funny don't ruin the episode

Ruin the episode? What are you talking about? I liked this episode, but I mostly liked it for the scenes with Sonic, Tails, and Hypnobot. 

Just because I didn't like the sequences with the villagers, doesn't mean I disliked the episode. I personally liked part 2 more, but I still thought part 3 was fun, suspenseful, and occasionally funny.

10 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Meh, I wasn't impressed with the villagers in this episode at all. Their reason for fighting was very selfish and petty. Seriously, the only reason they fought, was out of anger of their stuff being broken, and not to protect the ones they care for? How heartless and selfish are they?! Not to mention how upon defeating the robots, they just leave the town like a mess, and won't help Amy and pals clean up to restore the town. Why should we be happy with the villagers again? Yeah, they did good, but they did it for all the wrong reasons, and in the end, they are still ungrateful, and expect Sonic's friends to clean up everything, the nerve of those villagers, LOL! 

I agree. Except for the LOL part.

I'm thinking that Hypnobot should have hypnotised Eggman's robots first before hypnotising the robots who saved him. The reason for this is because their rejection angered him when they refused to join him in a battle against the people who 'enslaved' robots to do their work. Except that he still respects them while being convinced that his actions are for the greater good for all robot-kind (sorry, I couldn't find a better name for the robot race. Ugh.).

Also, I don't understand how explosions can send people (or robots) into outer space. If anything, it (illogically) should have sent him to Maurice Town, where Hypnobot would be taken in by other robots and nursed back to health. Then he would wait for Tails to show up and take him home, only to eventually realise that Tails wasn't coming for him, which would then lead to Hypnobot feeling abandoned and wanting revenge. That's what I believe.

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I don't understand how explosions can send people (or robots) into outer space. 

This is the first time I've ever agreed with you.

This made absolutely no sense to me either. They pretty clearly show him being blown to pieces, and then in the next shot he's drifting merrily through space.

...what?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, RLS Legacy said:

This made absolutely no sense to me either. They pretty clearly show him being blown to pieces, and then in the next shot he's drifting merrily through space.

...what?

Yeah that was kinda weird, but I'll let it slide because I thought this episode was really awesome.

The action, the humor, and the sheer awesomeness of the episode was amazing. I'm really liking the character development of Tails here. You'd think that if any character were to get developed this 4-parter, it'd be Sonic, but nope, our little self-conscious fox friend is the one who gets the time in the spotlight, which I like. I love all of the Boom Cast, but if I were to choose a favorite, it'd be Tails, so seeing him doing stuff like this is really cool.

I liked how the villagers actually chimed in to help with the fight, we saw it in Nutwork, and we see it again here. However petty there reasons may be, I still find it cool plus Zooey attacking with a frying pan showing her inner Princess Peach lol. But, yeah, also Knuckles being the one who sets them off was pretty great too. Og was there, which kinda came out of nowhere, but the pun he made was quite funny so I'll give it another pass.

And wow, Hypno-bot, huh. They've really been amping up the continuity this Season and I am totally down for that. Even though it's highly weird for how he got into space, it was still cool to see him come back and with vengeance as well. The scene where they confront Hypno-bot and the epic fight scene begins was really awesome. The chasing, Sonic getting his leg busted (ow, jeez), and Sonic rushing to save his best bud. I've already have seen this in French, but I was still on the edge of my seat the whole entire time. It was great.

Now we wait for the final part, and I'm excited to see how it'll go.

Spoiler

My little buddy will end up getting even more character development next episode and I can't wait to see it in its English glory.

6 hours ago, RLS Legacy said:

...what?

Yeah, I'll be honest-- that's kinda weird now that I think about it.

But you know what? It's not really an issue with the episode to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Just found this on my Twitter feed, posted by Mike Pollock himself! Livestream coming this weekend! https://itsamike.wixsite.com/asksonicboomcrew

Not a livestream but a live Q&A on Twitter, just use #AskSonicBoomCrew for Da Boom Crew to answer your questions. I'll write down the more interesting questions and answers like I did for the previous 2 sessions. If only to help Kevin out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Zooey fighting with the Badniks gives me hope she may one day join Team Sonic (by being trained, perhaps?)

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Miru the Living Planet said:

Zooey fighting with the Badniks gives me hope she may one day join Team Sonic (by being trained, perhaps?)

Oh, I'd be down for that. Have Percy join too, so we'll have an even number of Males and Females.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Also, I don't understand how explosions can send people (or robots) into outer space.

7 hours ago, RLS Legacy said:

They pretty clearly show him being blown to pieces, and then in the next shot he's drifting merrily through space.

...what?

About this.

Recently I've been following TrueSonicSpirit YouTube channel's content, and I found a series of videos, where they were dissecting the plotholes of the games, or what people were pointing out as such, called "Plothole Busters".

I really liked the style of it. It was using three quiteria-s:

1. Is this actually a plothole?
  2. Are there possible explanations?
  3. Does it actually ruin the story?

Have it. I've put it in spoiler section for people, who still haven't seen the episodes.

Spoiler

LET'S BEGIN.

First. Is the scene, where Hypno-bot was send in space actually a plothole?

For starters, what is a plothole? Plot Holes are those gaps in a story where things happen without a logical reason. From a sceintific and realistic angle, it is a plothole. The explosion, done by a robot dog, is not powerful enough to send Hypno-bot in space or destroy it. And thereforth, there is no possible way to anything that happened from a moment where Cubot prototypes attacked Team Sonic in part 1, because there "wouldn't be any Hypno-bot" to get there and start everything afterwards. Eggman, as well as Team Sonic, would have decided to forgot about what happened with Mighton and Bolts, assuming by his dialogue in the bath scene, and there is another thing with Cubot prototypes and Friendbot in part 4, but I don't wanna spoil it.

Second. Are there possible explanations for this?

Yes, there are. There is a possibility for it to happen from a visual stand-point. Like, teleportation into space. There is no evidence, that Hypno-bot ACTUALLY EXPLODED. In Robot Battle Royale, there was a scene, where Lady Goat's robot dog have defeated Comedy Chimp's robot in a familiar fashion. But here's a thing. After the explosion, part of Comedy Chimp's robot have landed closely to him. Thereforth, a viewer can assume, that he ACTUALLY EXPLODED. But not with Hypno-bot. There is no sign of him or anything resembling him after the explosion. So the explanation with teleportation is valid. It's just an unexplained thing, that can be easily fixed just by explaining why.

And third. Does it actually ruin the story?

When Hypno-bot was telling Sonic and Tails how he became sentient, he never said to them, WHERE did he was after the explosion. Tails wasn't in the mood to think or ask about it and felt sorry for Hypno-bot at that moment. Why?

"I've spent weeks waiting for you to rescue me." - That's what Hypno-bot said. No details on the location.

The place where Hypno-bot ended up being wasn't important to the plot. His assumption, that his creator forgot about him was. He started everything to take revenge. With no of this assumption, there wouldn't be revenge.

CONCLUSION: It is a plothole, but it has a possibility to be explained from a visual stand-point and it doesn't ruin the story.

Feel free, if you want to correct me.

• Thumbs Up 5

One more part of Robots From The Sky, and I'm out of the loop with upcoming Boom episodes again.

Feels bad man

• Thumbs Up 2

I know it sucks that we don't have have access to the show in HD at the moment, but can we get back to "Robots From The Sky" discussion please? 

There's hardly anything we can do about it at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe the Explosion just rocketed Hypnobot into space.

I will admit the "I lost all ability to be cool when I was made in Tails image" line was a little needlessly harsh. I mean I laughed but yikes. XD

And now some Denton Details about part 3: Which also explains Hypno's survival...

Smart to do another Q and A session for the final part of this arc!

And now, my thoughts about Part 3-

Spoiler

This part was alright for the most part. Feels more action oriented, with minor humor.

And it was Hypno Bot! This part made me feel bad for Tails. He usually gets the short end of the stick sometimes, from plane crashes to failed inventions to getting eaten by an octopus to getting shot by a laser. But the harshest thing that happened to him was when Hypno-Bot dismissed his apology harshly. To have the robot say “I’ve lost all of my cool when Tails built me in his image”, Daaamn son.

What I liked about this episode was when the fight was happening in the village. There were other following reasons:

• Og’s back! He assists the rest of the Team in fending off the robots using his martial arts skills back in Og Man Out. It was cool seeing other good guy characters assist the team at times, hope this sort of thing continues later on in the season!
  • The villagers end up doing something useful for once, and help the group even further by trashing the robots with whatever they got! It was cool to see Zooey get in on the action, and I liked how Comedy Chimp dealt with the Bee Bot.
  • The best part was out of all the people to make the villagers fight back, it was Knuckles. He made a hilarious speech, using their things as the motivator for the villagers. (I felt that even if he tried saying to defend the family and friends and such, they still wouldn’t do it… maybe because of fear, or the villagers being villagers.) The voice acting was nicely done in that speech, Knuckles sounded heroic in that part!

I guess the episode did a neat job in bringing up tension in that village scene and up in Morristown; Tails couldn’t destroy Hypno Bot because it’s his creation, and Sonic ends up getting his leg injured and CRUSHED. (Though I think he’ll be able to fight just fine, last time he twisted his ankle once and he was still able to get out of the Buddy Buddy Temple by doing stunts that could have actually broke his ankle.)

Scene of the episode:

tumblr_inline_oqcta0UbWy1taxesp_400.gif

Eggman, despite his minor appearace, was pretty funny, eating Macaroni and Cheese and then doing a dance when his robots started coming back. I’m a bit suprised he didn’t even bother to investigate why his robots started disappearing. But eh.

Looking forward to Part 4, as well as the Q and A session!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm, So Hypnobot's voice was inspired by Sher Khan from the original Disney version of Jungle Book? Interesting, and here I thought his voice was just an inspiration of what Mephiles would sound like with a British accent, lol. 

On 2017-5-14 at 9:16 PM, FriendBot said:

Your Boom trio, @AAUK, @DoubleXXCross and @SSF1991, are back again with a Boom commentary that's a tad bit more wetter than usual!

Reveal hidden contents

Also I have been watching Robots from the Sky but I'll give my thoughts after all 4 parts have aired. But I will say I'm really loving it so far.

Next one's already in the can and needs editing, though recording Multi-Tails is proving difficult. People have been telling me they'd like to see us tackle the four-parter in one go so we'll probably do that. Maybe with guests? Maybe live? Who knows!

• Thumbs Up 3

58 minutes ago, AAUK said:

Next one's already in the can and needs editing, though recording Multi-Tails is proving difficult. People have been telling me they'd like to see us tackle the four-parter in one go so we'll probably do that. Maybe with guests? Maybe live? Who knows!

I'd say go for watching the entire multiparter in one go and if you can get a guest over, that'd be even cooler!

17 hours ago, Fusion Force said:

Sonic ends up getting his leg injured and CRUSHED. (Though I think he’ll be able to fight just fine, last time he twisted his ankle once and he was still able to get out of the Buddy Buddy Temple by doing stunts that could have actually broke his ankle.)

Not to mention doing speed boost experiments while seriously injured.

17 hours ago, Fusion Force said:

But the harshest thing that happened to him was when Hypno-Bot dismissed his apology harshly. To have the robot say “I’ve lost all of my cool when Tails built me in his image”

Tails didn't deserve that kind of treatment. I feel like this scene could have included Tails trying to explain himself (not wanting to create Hypnobot), only for Hypnobot to take it the wrong way (how Tails' life would have been so much better, so much easier, if Hypnobot hadn't been created), causing Sonic to confess that he and his friends didn't have the heart to stand up for Tails when he was being picked on by a certain echidna.

At least the episode wouldn't have ended with Sonic agreeing with Tails being at fault 'for creating a monster and hesitating to destroy it'. -_-

"I can't do it. He's my creation!"

I'd just like to point out that Tails has had absolutely no issue with destroying his own inventions before in past episodes, if that's what was required to save the day.

And yet of course in this episode, because the plot demands it, he suddenly grows a conscience.

Sure, I know it's for the sake of drama, but it stuck out to me that he'd risk letting the world be destroyed just to preserve another one of his many robots.

3 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

"I can't do it. He's my creation!"

That doesn't sound like a good reason to hesitate. Kung Fu Panda did it better without the use of words (aside from Tigress telling the story).

4 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

I'd just like to point out that Tails has had absolutely no issue with destroying his own inventions before in past episodes, if that's what was required to save the day.

That, I don't remember very well. But if that's the case, you do have a point.

5 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

And yet of course in this episode, because the plot demands it, he suddenly grows a conscience.

Sure, I know it's for the sake of drama, but it stuck out to me that he'd risk letting the world be destroyed just to preserve another one of his many robots.

First quote: Bad continuity maybe?

Second quote: Again, Kung Fu Panda did a better job of someone hesitating to destroy what they created. Also, risking the lives of many to save the life of one? Maybe Tails thought there had to be another way to stop Hypnobot without the use of violence. And speaking of risking many lives just to save one or a few, it kind of reminds me of a certain female hedgehog.

10 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

That doesn't sound like a good reason to hesitate. Kung Fu Panda did it better without the use of words (aside from Tigress telling the story).

I mean, sure, but that's kind of a weird comparison to make. I don't think the makers of Sonic Boom were particularly trying to ape Kung Fu Panda of all things when they wrote the show.

• Thumbs Up 1