Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I've been spoiled a bit from the arc, by pictures mostly and one clip. I didn't see all of it, but I'm looking forward to it!

I'm not sure if this is known yet, and I'm too afraid of spoilers to look through this thread to find out, but I just checked the Cartoon Network app, and the entire Sonic Boom section is gone. It's not showing up at all, even in that opening animation where it shows you "Your favorite shows". I was able to find three episodes under the "Unlocked Full Episodes" list, but, as far as I can tell, that is the only reference to the show in the app right now.

I hope it's just a glitch.

21 minutes ago, Kellan said:

I'm not sure if this is known yet, and I'm too afraid of spoilers to look through this thread to find out, but I just checked the Cartoon Network app, and the entire Sonic Boom section is gone. It's not showing up at all, even in that opening animation where it shows you "Your favorite shows". I was able to find three episodes under the "Unlocked Full Episodes" list, but, as far as I can tell, that is the only reference to the show in the app right now.

I hope it's just a glitch.

That's depressing...

Heck, CN's On Demand has been terrible with Sonic Boom. It's been three weeks, and still no Muckfoot, Nominatus Rising, or Eggman's Brother in HD yet... This show's treatment keeps getting worse and worse... 

So uh, I checked the site through my phone, (not the app) and I'm only seeing the season one episodes and not the season 2?

Aside from that, the only season 2 things I can find are just clips, unless I forgot how to use the site... -_-;

17 hours ago, VeryGoodName said:

It's an issue because most four-parters are meant to air all in one day.

That is literally the exact opposite of how multiparters, presumably with Cliffhangers, work. 

Finally watched eggmans brother and it's kinda weak in my opinion. Steve being a robot and from another dimension seems sort of random and far-fetched to me. Although it was kinda fun to see him break apart the team.

And hey, the four-parter is airing closure than I thought. Cool. 

I wonder if the season finale is a 4 parter as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

"Do Not Disturb" was... alright, I guess. Not many good laughs, but still pretty enjoyable. Hard to believe even Sonic and Tails can get sick of each other.

But this was just an appetizer for the main course. Next week? It's time for Boom's first story arc!

• Thumbs Up 2

Do Not Disturb had funny moments. The episode definitely didn't go the way I expected it to.

The episode starts off with a funny gag, where Sonic is having a nightmare about being redesigned. He was muttering stuff like "You're evil, stop coloring my arms!" LOL! Sonic wakes up and comes across an ugly looking species in his house. Fastidious Beaver shows up, and reveals he's part of an environmental protection service, and points out how the creature is endangered, and decided to make Sonic's house a part of it's nesting area. Fastidious then requires Sonic to leave his house, until the creature finds a mate. Sonic then sees Amy show up, and hopes she can help, but it turns out she's a part of Fastidious's environmental group as well, and clarifies that Sonic needs to respect the creature.

Sonic then decides to barge into Tails's house, and decides to crash there. The whole episode then turns into an episode where Tails realizes that living with Sonic is actually a nightmare. Tails is a neat freak, while Sonic is a bit messy, and starts getting on Tails's nerves. Tails decides that if he wants Sonic out of his house, then he'll need to help get Sonic's house back. Tails, Sonic, and Amy then team up to try and find that endangered species a new mate. Tails makes a mating call device to try luring another one of those endangered species to hook up with the other one in Sonic's shack. The mating call works, and attracts another one, but it turns out that the two creatures don't like each other. Sonic, Tails, and Amy then try setting up a romantic evening for the two creatures, complete with turning Sonic's shack into a fancy restaurant, while Sonic, Tails, and Amy are dressed up like fancy waiters. The dinner turns into a mess, and leaves Sonic and Tails to get a bit annoyed with each other, to the point of the two snapping at each other, and revealing how awful they think it is to live with each other. This marked the first time in the series, where Tails and Sonic got absolutely annoyed with each other. We've seen a few instances of stuff like this in episodes like "Cabin Fever", but it didn't last very long, and it felt a little too forced. In this episode, they kind of did a better job at setting up the tension between the two.

Meanwhile, Sticks contacts the gang, and tells them that Eggman is attacking the village.  While Sonic and pals try fighting Eggman, a third one of those endangered species show up, and stands in the way of Eggman and Sonic's gang. Fastidious jumps in, and prevents Eggman and Sonic from fighting, Eggman and Sonic try taking the fight a few steps over, but once again, the creature steps in, and causes Fastidious to interfere. I kind of laughed at how Eggman told Fastidous "Get bent, beaver!"  Suddenly, a stampede of those creatures show up, and start ramming through the village. Tails realizes his mating call worked a lot better than he thought. Sonic then questions Fastidious and Amy about the number of creatures, and asks "I thought you said they were endangered?" Fastidious then points out that there needs to be at least 50 of them, along with signs of a mating male and female, in order to be declared as no longer endangered. However, the one at Sonic's house still isn't attracted to any of the other 48 creatures, and Sonic and the gang decide they need to find another male, and hope that one can fix things up with the one in Sonic's house.

More heat comes off between Sonic and Tails, up until Amy thinks Knuckles, Sticks, and herself should give Sonic and Tails some space to sort their problems out. Sonic and Tails then insults each other, only to eventually break out into laughter. The two apologize, and declare that just because they're horrible room mates, doesn't mean they still can't be friends. Tails and Sonic come across an alpha male version of that endangered species, and Tails uses his communicator to replicate the mating call, to lure the alpha male over to the other one in Sonic's shack. The creature comes charging at Tails, but Sonic picks Tails up, and runs him back towards his shack. Sonic and Tails succeeded in uniting the two creatures, and the two fall in love, and get ready for their mating session. Fastidious then points out how they'll have to wait until after the two are done mating, before Sonic can move back into his house, and it takes over 1 week for the creatures to get finished with mating. So Sonic is stuck with Tails for another week. 

The episode had funny moments, but I felt the ending was kind of dumb.

Here are some spoiler filled clips from this week's new episode.

Screens for today's new episode. 

So I watched Do Not Disturb, and I really liked it. From the synopsis, I thought that we were going to get another Buster where most of the humor was going to be the gross kind,but I was pleasantly surprised that that wasn't the case. It got some really good laughs out of me, the coloring of Sonic's arms, the Sanic joke, Fastidious not letting Eggman and the Boom crew fight, and so on. I also liked the fighting between Tails and Sonic. They rarely but heads, the only time I can really remember was in Anything You Can Do I Can Do Worse-er. When they make up and Tails hugs Sonic, I can admit that I squealed at that, heh. Plus, that Knuckles scene. That was hype. Also, the animation was a lot more smooth this episode. Not saying that the other episodes were animated poorly, but this one has more movement and bounce to it, which I like, hope it stays that way. So overall, I thought it was a good ep.

But, you guys know what's next. Let's get this 4-parter started! Can't wait to here and English so I actually know what's they're saying, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was surprised, yet relieved to see Sticks in this week's new episode. The preview screenshots gave the impression that this would be another episode where everyone but Sticks shows up. Not only did Sticks show up, but she was given some use as well, we finally got to see her actually use her sense of smell to track down something, instead of being another cop out, like in Og Man Out. During the scene where Sticks was sniffing out for the 50th widabit, I was expecting the writers to drop another joke on how Sticks was only sniffing for added effect, like in Og Man Out, yet she actually managed to follow a scent, using her nose for once, it was kind of interesting.

I also liked how Amy was kept in character, when it came to her thoughts on widabit. I had a feeling the writers were going to break Amy's character, by having her act like she cares for the creatures, only to show signs of repulsion, but they didn't do that at all. Amy gave a lot of care and sensitivity towards those creatures, despite what others said about them.

I thought it was kind of cute to see Amy truly show signs of wanting to help the species. I also laughed at the sense of irony with Amy in this episode. Like when Sonic, Tails, and her were trying to push that male widabit back into Sonic's shack, to try and make it fall in love with the female one. When Sonic and Tails argued, Amy told the two to stop arguing, followed by saying how the two were scaring this delicate creature. Then Amy says "Now let's give this guy a good shove." I thought that bit of irony was kind of funny, Amy was only trying to help keep the species alive, by helping the creatures reproduce, in order to preserve the Widabit species.

I also liked how when the Widabit started stampeding through the town, how Amy cried out to the people to stop screaming, because it was scaring these majestic  creatures. I liked Amy in this episode, I thought it was real sweet to see her stand up for the endangered species, I feared the episode was going to make her seem hypocritical, or act repulsed towards them, but the episode kept her in character pretty well.  

12 hours ago, SpongicX said:

This marked the first time in the series, where Tails and Sonic got absolutely annoyed with each other.

Tails had a good reason to be annoyed whereas Sonic didn't. For me, this slightly disturbing and gross episode started off as a Sonic torture episode (for 10 to 15 seconds), and the rest became a Tails torture episode.

Amy didn't even try to defend Sonic when he was getting kicked out of his home. Not to mention the fact she wanted the scared villagers to (probably) stay in the stampede and die. Sorry, that scene just got to me.

Sonic was being obnoxious to Tails for NO GOOD REASON and the two even went as far as to 'profanely' insult each other. I felt sorry for Sonic in the beginning of the episode, but for the rest of the episode... it's hard to do so.

If the episode took a different approach, I would have liked it better because at least I would have felt sorry for Sonic AND Tails.

4 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Tails had a good reason to be annoyed whereas Sonic didn't. For me, this slightly disturbing and gross episode started off as a Sonic torture episode (for 10 to 15 seconds), and the rest became a Tails torture episode.

Amy didn't even try to defend Sonic when he was getting kicked out of his home. Not to mention the fact she wanted the scared villagers to (probably) stay in the stampede and die. Sorry, that scene just got to me.

Sonic was being obnoxious to Tails for NO GOOD REASON and the two even went as far as to 'profanely' insult each other. I felt sorry for Sonic in the beginning of the episode, but for the rest of the episode... it's hard to do so.

If the episode took a different approach, I would have liked it better because at least I would have felt sorry for Sonic AND Tails.

I'm sorry, what? Okay, let's start with the first bit there. Torture? I mean, that's kinda extreme. No one was being tortured, slightly annoyed with one another, yes. Tortured, no.

Amy didn't defend him because she was part of the Endangered Species Protection program, she was trying to keep the animal safe. And she wanted the people of the village to die in the stampede? Like, dude, if you even paid attention for 10 stinking seconds, you'd see that she actually helped a villager from getting hurt by the stampede. Like, are you even being serious anymore?

Also, no, Sonic was not being obnoxious to Tails for no reason. This is what we call a "Personality Clash". Sonic is Brash, Messy, and Narcissistic. Tails is Subtle, Neat, and Humble (most of the time). When two opposing personalities like this clash, they will begin to annoy each other as their lifestyles are completely different. They don't even "profanely" insult each other. The call each other names that three year olds come up with and then laugh at how stupid they sounded a couple of seconds later.

Look, I can get not liking the show. That's okay, it's fine, no one's forcing you to do so. But repeatedly watching the show even though you don't like it, then coming up with some reason as to why the episode sucked even though most of the time your arguments for such are either asinine or just straight wrong is unacceptable. I see you all over YouTube doing the exact same thing that you're doing here on just about every Boom related video I can find. Heck, we even got in an argument about how whether or not Amy forced Sonic to lie at the end of Mech Suits Me, which she didn't. Then some other chick/dude (who also does the same crap you do and goes to any Boom video to complain) tried the same exact thing and the argument fell flat on their faces. I honestly don't get it, I really don't. I don't like TTG, but I didn't continue to watch the show that I clearly didn't like then went on every video related to it so I could just talk about how I didn't like it. Please, learn how to move on.

• Thumbs Up 5

Do Not Disturb was a neat episode, it was an interesting take on what I feel is a common trope in cartoons but it was interesting nonetheless.

Neat to see Fastidious Beaver play a major role in an episode, haven't seen around for a while. It was also interesting to see Sonic and Tails actually have a grudge out when they're living in the same place but in a way, it kind of makes sense why they don't really live in the same place. Sonic is more into doing his own thing and doesn't like being told what to do while Tails prefers having things neat, clean and organized and that sort of thing. So yeah, another interesting insight to their characters. As for the Witabit plot, it's typical stuff. Didn't really hate it nor like it, it was just meh. Though I did really like some of the jokes, the Sanic reference, WAN PAWNCH KNUX and of course Eggman being Eggman. 

Can't say I got much to say, it was an alright episode. Nothing really bad but nothing too interesting happens except for the roommate subplot.

But O BOI ROBOTS FROM THE SKY HYPE BAYBEE! WE GONNA SEE MIGHTON AND BOLTS ALONG WITH A COUPLE OF OTHER NEAT STUFF!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Also, no, Sonic was not being obnoxious to Tails for no reason.

Sonic barged into Tails' house without telling him what happened and asking him if he could crash here, he shook grape soda and laughed at Tails when he made a mess, he even went as far as to insult Tails for trying to keep things under control (as well as his 'substandard' violin skills) and complained about it to his friends and he even went as far as to call Tails (excuse me for saying this) a donut hole. If that isn't obnoxious, I don't know what is.

The ending to me felt like Sonic's apology to Tails was meaningless. I did feel sorry for Sonic in the beginning, but as the episode progressed, my sympathy went to Tails. Tails was right to call him about on his behaviour and he was the only likable -- no, MOST likable -- character in the episode. Though I didn't like the two words Sonic and Tails used at each other.

If someone called you what Sonic called Tails, would you ever look at donuts the same way again?

27 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

If someone called you what Sonic called Tails, would you ever look at donuts the same way again?

Considering donut hole is the child-friendly term for asshole, not really. 

I've long accepted that I am and so does Sonic and Tails, they both admit they can be jerks but they settled aside their differences because they're bros. Fights between friends is a normal occurrence, it would be very strange if you didn't have fights with your friends.

• Thumbs Up 7

35 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Sonic barged into Tails' house without telling him what happened and asking him if he could crash here, he shook grape soda and laughed at Tails when he made a mess, he even went as far as to insult Tails for trying to keep things under control (as well as his 'substandard' violin skills) and complained about it to his friends and he even went as far as to call Tails (excuse me for saying this) a donut hole. If that isn't obnoxious, I don't know what is.

The ending to me felt like Sonic's apology to Tails was meaningless. I did feel sorry for Sonic in the beginning, but as the episode progressed, my sympathy went to Tails. Tails was right to call him about on his behaviour and he was only likable -- no, MOST likable -- character in the episode. Though I didn't like the two words Sonic and Tails used at each other.

Okay, I'll go over this too then. Like I said, Sonic is brash, he doesn't because A. That's his best friend and B. That's just his nature. That was a prank, that's how pranks work. Tails commented on Sonic's actions as well, saying that the candles weren't scented, and that's pretty petty too. Tails also complained to his friends about Sonic so I don't see what the big deal about that is. Tails called Sonic a doughnut hole too so none of them are innocent. Both were getting on each other's nerves for valid reasons.

They both apologized for their behaviors, realizing that since their lifestyle and personalities are so different, they were bound to get sick of living with each other.

Like I said, doughnut hole is something a three year old comes up with, so if anyone called me that, I wouldn't care in the slightest, lol. Donuts are delicious dude. But like, are you getting offended about that, cuz that's kinda petty.

12 minutes ago, Soni said:

Considering donut hole is the child-friendly term for asshole, not really. 

I've long accepted that I am and so does Sonic and Tails, they both admit they can be jerks but they settled aside their differences because they're bros. Fights between friends is a normal occurrence, it would be very strange if you didn't have fights with your friends.

This, all of this.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I know. Which is why I took a different approach to how the episode could work: http://mysteriousgirl92.deviantart.com/journal/Widabit-episode-677912845

But, my question is why? Why do you go out of your way to rewrite an episode to make it "better" when A. Not a lot of people care B. You don't get anything whatsoever and most importantly C. You don't even like the show. I know I shouldn't judge people's actions, but that doesn't make any since.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, blazefan519 said:

Why do you go out of your way to rewrite an episode to make it "better"

Because I feel like if the episode had taken a different route, people would understand the story and its characters better. Like when I worked on Just a Guy, Robot Employees, Late Fees, Eggman's Brother, Alone Again, the Tommy Thunder episode and so forth. If they're not for you, that's fine.

This is just my way of fixing the episodes, just to get the stories across.

3 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Because I feel like if the episode had taken a different route, people would understand the story and its characters better. Like when I worked on Just a Guy, Robot Employees, Late Fees, Eggman's Brother, Alone Again, the Tommy Thunder episode and so forth. If they're not for you, that's fine.

This is just my way of fixing the episodes, just to get the stories across.

But most people do get the story and characters just fine. I can only think of 3-4 episodes that most people universally disliked, but then you have people who constantly nitpick and end up blowing the problems with an episode out of proportion or just make stuff up entirely.

• Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

But most people do get the story and characters just fine.

Maybe it's because they figured out a way to get around the story. Some or most of the stories, to me, are being mean-spirited for the sake of being mean-spirited. If the story was to make things go wrong for the heroes understandably, then maybe I would like this show a little more. Especially when it comes to the villagers turning against the heroes. The 10-minute stories tend to rush things just for the sake of time constraints. Maybe if the episodes were 10 mins longer, I'm sure that some people would see the message behind the stories themselves.

Let's take Mech Suits Me, for instance. The episode has Sonic turn evil 5 mins after wearing the discount Charlie suit. If you want to make a 10-minute episode turn Sonic evil from the suit, why not do it in the middle of the episode instead of the beginning? It will show that Sonic is aware of what is happening, but he finds it difficult to try to get out of the suit because it increases his speed and strength.

And as for Amy, she bragged about her archaeological knowledge (which was at first squandered by an arrow on the wall) after she told her team to help dig up ancient artifacts to help Sonic. And when Tails found something, she got upset. And at the end of the episode, she got angry when Sonic truthfully expressed what he remembered about the female bandicoot twins. I have to wonder: was Amy written like this just to make Sonic any better? If that's the case, making someone a bigger jerk doesn't make the big jerk any better.

Like I once said about this episode, it should have been a two-part episode where Sonic is being controlled by the suit (part 1) and Team Sonic try to stop him before it's too late (part 2.)

Do Not Disturb was a decent episode. Sonic, Tails and Amy being waiters while trying to make the Widabits fall in love was pretty funny, also dat music they used for the love scene was funny. The minor stareoff in the Eggman Battle was cool as well. Didn't feel the Sanic joke, I've heard that too many times in the Sonic Twitter days...

There were some old references, but my favourite is still the One Punch Man reference. Like BRUH-

tumblr_op55lcN6bJ1u5cb23o4_1280.png&key=

That screenshot was pretty neat! The expressions/animation were good as well. Tails' minor eye twitch still gets me. The montage was cute, Sonic and Tails having fun and then the other half of the montage partially reminded me of the Evil Genius episode, except Sonic making a mess and playing pranks. Tails hugging Sonic was cute though. I also liked how the other members (sans Amy) of the team saved the villagers, Knuckles using his digging skills to make a fort was pretty neat!

There wasn't that much humor in this episode, but the animation and expressions were pretty neat. Looking forward to the Robots in the Sky Arc next week!

3 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Some or most of the stories, to me, are being mean-spirited for the sake of being mean-spirited.

Congratulations, you have successfully identified: "the joke."

Seriously, though, much like Family Guy or the Simpsons - which Bill Freiberger was a writer for at one point, incidentally - so much of Boom's humour revolves around characters being a bit nasty and callous. It's not meant to make you hate them or write out entire plot synopses 'fixing' things, it's for the sake of telling jokes. Having a bit of an edge is part of comedy. Nothing would be funny if everyone was just all buddy-buddy and nice to each other constantly. It would be sickeningly twee and not at all what the writers are going for.

Being mean for the sake of emotional drama =/= being mean sometimes because it's funny and you know it's not serious.

Learn the difference. Cheers.