Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 hours ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

Yes, I meant the Boom trilogy in that case. I wonder how the rest of the RoL villagers would work? 

The ROL characters were awful though, Cliff wasn't too bad though.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

The ROL characters were awful though, Cliff wasn't too bad though.

I kinda dug that jerkish French chef who ranted about chili dogs.

23 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

THANK GOODNESS

In the UK, that is. :P

You still have Hulu if want to watch Boom on the US (along with X but who even likes Sonic X nowadays lmao)

Well, I hope so. But wouldn't the Sonic Twitter or the Boom Crew announce it then?

To clear some things up.

We know it's coming to netflix in June. 

We don't know which region.

The magazine being a UK one isn't relevant since the news is for Vegas Licensing Expo. That advert is used in pretty much every license magazine. 

• Thumbs Up 6

The preview images for "Robots from the Sky" Part One are here courtesy of the Sonic Tumblr, and fittingly for such a huge episode, we have five pictures again:

tumblr_opi8f7v3bG1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_opi8f7v3bG1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_opi8f7v3bG1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_opi8f7v3bG1u5cb23o4_1280.png

tumblr_opi8f7v3bG1u5cb23o5_1280.png

"When a duo of mysterious robots witnesses a fight between Team Sonic and Eggman, trouble begins to brew. Catch Part 1 of the four-part Sonic Boom special, “Robots from the Sky”, airing at 6pm on Boomerang!"

Sadly, the tags seem to have run dry, because #sonic boom and #season 2 are all we got.

But still, for the US, the agonizing wait ends tomorrow. ONE. MORE. DAY.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, VeryGoodName said:

Most people are going to have to wait weeks for these episodes to be added on Cartoon Network demand

Better than none of us seeing it at all, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

The preview images for "Robots from the Sky" Part One are here courtesy of the Sonic Tumblr, and fittingly for such a huge episode, we have five pictures again:

"When a duo of mysterious robots witnesses a fight between Team Sonic and Eggman, trouble begins to brew. Catch Part 1 of the four-part Sonic Boom special, “Robots from the Sky”, airing at 6pm on Boomerang!"

Sadly, the tags seem to have run dry, because #sonic boom and #season 2 are all we got.

It's like an insult, since they won't be shown in HD. ?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mayor D said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY--

4 hours ago, FriendBot said:

In the UK, that is. :P

You still have Hulu if want to watch Boom on the US (along with X but who even likes Sonic X nowadays lmao)

Oh... RIP

3 hours ago, Mayor D said:

To clear some things up.

We know it's coming to netflix in June. 

We don't know which region.

The magazine being a UK one isn't relevant since the news is for Vegas Licensing Expo. That advert is used in pretty much every license magazine. 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!

Shouldn't get my hopes up though.

13 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:
Spoiler

The three parts of the four-part episode did. The action was pretty good and Hypnobot (on his own) did a great job at wreaking havoc on Hedgehog Village. I watched the episodes in French, by the way.

How about we not post spoilers, for a 4-parter no less. Kinda defeats the purpose of watching the episodes :/

• Thumbs Up 1

I still think airing the multi-parts one episode a week isn't really that great of an idea. France had the right idea with airing the whole thing at once. Made it feel like a movie. They should have at least scheluded it so that it would 2 episodes a day.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Oh wow we're getting a lot of preview pics this week!

First the ones from the TSSZ/Sonic Stadium articles and now this!

Seems like in the third one, either Sonic and Tails are in a room in the sky city or in a spaceship.

29 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

How about we not post spoilers, for a 4-parter no less. Kinda defeats the purpose of watching the episodes :/

Sorry.

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

36 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Sorry.

I think for future reference, and as a courtesy to other members who are waiting for these episodes to air in English, please be mindful and use the spoiler tags for the most current/recent/upcoming episodes either by clicking the eye icon in the post editor after selecting your text or using BB Code

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It's not a huge deal, but spoiler etiquette and all, at least for the first week or so after the episode airs.

4 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I think for future reference, and as a courtesy to other members who are waiting for these episodes to air in English, please be mindful and use the spoiler tags for the most current/recent/upcoming episodes either by clicking the eye icon in the post editor after selecting your text or using BB Code

Thanks. :)

Hey guys every episode at amy's house I spot this picture of team Sonic. Does anybody want to see this in HD? Does anyone know how to enchance?

Spoiler

590e05c057268_Screenshot2017-05-06at1_16_08PM.thumb.png.c1a39be758772a7da205b77df10638a3.png

• Thumbs Up 1

In 3 hours and 30 minutes, Robots in the Sky Part 1 will air in English.

Does anyone else think Bolts looks like a frog?

On 2017-5-5 at 0:55 PM, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

The only reason I complain about people getting along and fighting, in the show, is because the show does this in the wrong areas. [...] I was expecting the show to introduce its characters properly, for the audience that knows little to nothing about Sonic and co. 

It's Sonic the fucking hedgehog!

Does he really need an entire episode dedicated to explaining "I'm blue and run fast?"

Also your idea of doing action "properly" for one episode was to remove all the action and literally have everyone sat inside a house doing nothing for the rest of their lives.

• Thumbs Up 8

53 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Does he really need an entire episode dedicated to explaining "I'm blue and run fast?"

I have to agree. Fluctuating reputation aside, the Sonic franchise is one of the most legendary in gaming, not to mention heavily covered in pop culture. There's next to nobody at this point that doesn't know at least one thing about the series or its characters.

And besides, anyone who sticks with the Boom cartoon long enough will soon know what makes these versions of the characters tick.

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Also your idea of doing action "properly" for one episode was to remove all the action and literally have everyone sat inside a house doing nothing for the rest of their lives.

Plus, none of the original games introduced their characters well, not even in the Adventure games. Not everything needs a detailed introduction of how it happened. We never learned why Tails loves to invent so much, we never learned how Sonic and Eggman became arch enemies, we never learned why Knuckles was the only Echidna to survive the erasing of his species, yet it doesn't really matter. I find it incredibly biased for people to criticize Boom for not setting up a clear narrative, when the video games were no better, it's just hypocritical.

We really don't need a first episode of Sonic Boom to break down who everyone is. Just use you mind, pay attention, and keep watching the show, and pick up the pieces for yourself. What fun is a show, if it has to narrate/tell everything for you? One of the best forms of story telling, are the ones that can leave it to the viewer's imaginations. I thought the first few episodes gave a good enough look at who each individual was, just by their actions.  

The show doesn't need to flat out tell us that Sonic and Amy are in love with each other, because the show already has plenty of scenes that show the two are hiding something. We don't need an explanation for how/why Tails loves science, we don't need an explanation for why Knuckles is so buff.  We can already see that Sonic and pals are great friends, so do we really need a breakdown of how each character met who? I'll admit I wouldn't mind seeing an origin story of how the gang met Sticks, but I'm not going to let that desire hold me back from watching and enjoying the show. I tune into the show to see what's going to happen next, not expect to see what's going to happen. What's the point in watching a show, if you can expect the same stuff to happen over and over? I think Sonic Boom has a decent variety of twists and turns. They can take many cliches from shows, and fool you into thinking they are going to go that route, only to completely change the narrative in a fun or unexpected way. 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Plus, none of the original games introduced their characters well, not even in the Adventure games. Not everything needs a detailed introduction of how it happened. We never learned why Tails loves to invent so much, we never learned how Sonic and Eggman became arch enemies, we never learned why Knuckles was the only Echidna to survive the erasing of his species, yet it doesn't really matter. I find it incredibly biased for people to criticize Boom for not setting up a clear narrative, when the video games were no better, it's just hypocritical.

We really don't need a first episode of Sonic Boom to break down who everyone is. Just use you mind, pay attention, and keep watching the show, and pick up the pieces for yourself. What fun is a show, if it has to narrate/tell everything for you? One of the best forms of story telling, are the ones that can leave it to the viewer's imaginations. I thought the first few episodes gave a good enough look at who each individual was, just by their actions.  

The show doesn't need to flat out tell us that Sonic and Amy are in love with each other, because the show already has plenty of scenes that show the two are hiding something. We don't need an explanation for how/why Tails loves science, we don't need an explanation for why Knuckles is so buff.  We can already see that Sonic and pals are great friends, so do we really need a breakdown of how each character met who? I'll admit I wouldn't mind seeing an origin story of how the gang met Sticks, but I'm not going to let that desire hold me back from watching and enjoying the show. I tune into the show to see what's going to happen next, not expect to see what's going to happen. What's the point in watching a show, if you can expect the same stuff to happen over and over? I think Sonic Boom has a decent variety of twists and turns. They can take many cliches from shows, and fool you into thinking they are going to go that route, only to completely change the narrative in a fun or unexpected way. 

So right I do agree that, they don't need a detailed breakdown of what the characters do and are about. That happens over time, the characters evovle do more ect. How ever, you can't argue that they never introduced their characters well, not the correct way? Sure. Holes in their backstories, sure. but not well? Sonic has some of the most iconic video games characters in all of video games, you only get that by introducing those characters well. The reason that Sonic Knuckles and tails are an iconic video game trio, they introduced what they did and what they were about as well as they needed to. Why shadow is super popular, they introduced him in some bombastic way that made him so popular they literally changed the story around to bring him. I'm not going to say all sonic characters get introduced well, you have your big the cats, cream the rabbits and most recently deadly 6's. But a lot of them are. 

So on that note, I will say this show kind of does a poor job showing what the characters are about, why they tick and why they do what they do. Some more than others. 

However, this isn't supposed to be the shows job.  There was supposed to be a comic, and video games that did a lot more of that. The comic got canceled and the video games failed and largely aren't referenced, ontop of from my understanding the first two seasons of this show were in the oven before all the disaster with games even hit full force, so even if those games were good and did well, it wouldn't have done that anyway. 

I think its why you have situations where the writer of the show was so apprehensive about using shadow. Ontop of possibly angry fans, and a very angry sega of japan. Who is that character as of now in this weird situation sonic boom is in, essentially fan service with no explanation. The explanation was supposed to come from a different section that exploded itself, now on some level they have to either avoid it entirely like with the last episode or provide some explanation that can be altered later. 

Shadow much like other elements of the show, will be very different next season, it will finally get to be itself by itself. Or at least if there are games, I don't think they will be referencing a lot of the stuff that happened before. Or it will be changed heavily. 

So in short, it doesn't introduce it as well as those games , one because its a different more interactive medium, but two it wasn't supposed to. This job has been thrust onto this show inadvertently through the failures of others. It reminds me of the people getting mad at the sonic twitter for all the memes, don't get mad at the sonic twitter it was gonna be memes anyway, get mad a the company that continued the environment of bad video games that allow these memes to be potentially not good. 

• Thumbs Up 2