Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

Lots of major stuff that I have done since I last reported:

- I paid off my house completely, which is awesome;

- I built a path for my whole town, which makes getting to places faster and easier, but at the expense of ruining potential balloon drops as well as rocks (items cannot be on top of patterns, otherwise they disappear...);

- I will post some pics to give an idea of what I have been up to:

HNI_0067.jpg

Went to see Tomaj in her town, and she had that.

HNI_0070.jpg

Then she came to my town and didn't give me the privacy that I needed...

HNI_0071.jpg

I am dead serious, she really didn't!

HNI_0059.jpg

I took a break at my local park (old picture, see date - I have a fountain in front of the bench and the flowers are gone)

HNI_0065.jpg

I caught Rolf sleeping at the tree stump, and I was really tempted to do something mean (but I didn't)...

HNI_0074.jpg

Then this surprise happened, and I am getting a new, awesome neighbor!

HNI_0083.jpg

Last but not least, I just finished adding decent shirt designs I made using 1-Up sprites from Sonic Advance 3.

What a long strange trip it's been.

Edit: Moved pictures from my Photobucket album to another and broke picture links. Fixed.

Edited by tenchibr
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sweet! I finally have Mabel's sewing machine! Finally I can share some of my t-shirts! Alright just got to upload these onto tumblr through image share and... tumblr wouldn't even let me log on. Wonderful.

Alright, let's try Twitter... Okay, that works! Alright, here are some of my t-shirt designs.

I want that Ghost Trick shirt but my machine won't let me scan without the third and fourth codes! Unless that was intentional.

Somehow this game isn't pulling me in as much as Wild World did, though maybe that's just nostalgia talking.

I suppose I should beetle farm more often to try to kickstart some public works so that things can start happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want that Ghost Trick shirt but my machine won't let me scan without the third and fourth codes! Unless that was intentional.

Somehow this game isn't pulling me in as much as Wild World did, though maybe that's just nostalgia talking.

I suppose I should beetle farm more often to try to kickstart some public works so that things can start happening.

Ah crap... I was hoping that you didn't need all four... That's what I get for speeding through Mabel's text. (Heck, with 4 pieces I probably should have guess that...) Well, I'm about to go to art school soon, so I'll be gone most of the day. I'll put the rest up sometime tonight around 10pm U.S. Eastern.

Edited by YoshiUnity the Joke Killer

How do you guys draw on this thing so well, most of the time when I try drawing on here it goes 3 pixels to the right of where im drawing, some advice would be welcome if possible (also im not to great at drawing but I am practicing on a occasional basis).

Perhaps re calibrating the touch screen?

To be fair I'm really rubbish at drawing myself, either on paper or 3DS!

How do you guys draw on this thing so well, most of the time when I try drawing on here it goes 3 pixels to the right of where im drawing, some advice would be welcome if possible (also im not to great at drawing but I am practicing on a occasional basis).

Don't draw freehand.  Zoom right in and create your design pixel by pixel.  If you're making an original creation, create it on a PC first using more easy-to-use tools and then copy it from there.

It's annoying, in older games you could manually move the cursor square by square with the d-pad but they just removed that for no good reason in this one.

M maybe I'll try doing a sprite art shirt...

I still have to share my New Leaf SA2 parody shirt with you guys!

Don't draw freehand.  Zoom right in and create your design pixel by pixel.  If you're making an original creation, create it on a PC first using more easy-to-use tools and then copy it from there.

It's annoying, in older games you could manually move the cursor square by square with the d-pad but they just removed that for no good reason in this one.

Ah okay then, I don't get why they got rid of that either, I guess nintendo really wants people to use the touch screen.

I really dislike that you can't use the d-pad as a precise cursor when drawing. It's a really basic feature that even ACWW had as I understand it. 

Starting a couple days ago I've started getting minerals from money rocks:

HNI_0013_zpsaca7fc0c.jpg

HNI_0027_zps9014451d.jpg

HNI_0031_zps93bd91e6.jpg

Yesterday I got money again, but today it went back to the minerals. What's up with that?

Also, why do you trip sometimes? I thought it was due to rain but a week or so ago I kept tripping even though it was sunny:

HNI_0007_zps9663297a.jpg

I'm not sure about the ores, but tripping is normally due to bad luck from what I understand. I managed to stop my character doing the same thing by shuffling things about in my house to improve my Feng Shui (with help from the guide here)

I'm currently on freetime in-between classes, so I went ahead and got this out of the way now. I added the rest of the QR codes for all the designs. I had to spilt the list into two posts due to too many pictures, so I posted the Zero Escape, YoshiUnity and Ghost Trick designs in this one.

Zero Escape (Front and Back)

BPzruwACEAAPgrejpglarge.jpg

BPzr_OPCcAAIM7fjpglarge.jpg

BP4ci0iCMAA3SzDjpglarge.jpg

BP4cyA4CMAEto_hjpglarge.jpg

ZeroEscapeLogo.jpg

The Zero escape logo on the front. "Tu Fui, Ego Eris." on the back.

YoshiUnity Shirt and jacket (Front and back)

BPzsPwnCYAANP_ojpglarge.jpg

BPzsZt9CYAAEtqdjpglarge.jpg

BP4dICgCMAAIrXPjpglarge.jpg

BP4dTWzCcAARbZjjpglarge.jpg

This is just the shirt and jacket combo my fan character wears. Made this for the hell of it.

Ghost Trick (Front and Back)

BPzssRqCIAAKPjyjpglarge.jpg

BPzs3z9CcAAY9a2jpglarge.jpg

[BP4dcK-CcAA6GNljpglarge.jpg

BP4dossCYAAvuMzjpglarge.jpg

ghost_trick_4745.jpg

Sissel Soul on the front. That awesome Sissel and Lynne swirling official art on the back.

Heh. Sorry about that to you and anyone else who wanted to download them. All should be good now. The Ace Attorney and Professor Layton designs are still on the original post to anyone who wants them.

What I do is enable the grid before anything. If I'm trying to copy a design, I simply try to match the colors up the best I can, With anything overall, I adjust the brush tool with how much space I want to work with. Big for large areas, small for finer areas. I use the 1-pixel brush a lot since I like to work on more complicated designs. Also, it helps that I'm very use to the stylus. I never used the D-pad function in previous games.

Still takes me a while, I'll admit. The most complicated design I worked on was the back of the Ghost Trick tee, and that took me an hour and a half to do. So to each, their own.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, why do you trip sometimes? I thought it was due to rain but a week or so ago I kept tripping even though it was sunny:

HNI_0007_zps9663297a.jpg

SAKURAIIIIII!

• Thumbs Up 6

I found I was tripping loads too, re sorting my house deinfately sorted it and now I never trip!

Something I have noticed, I was playing on my partners account earlier (she asked me to get some rare bugs for her) and she seems to move a lot faster ok the running, walking and sneaking, anyone else noticed this or am I being crazy?

If you guys want me to, I will take requests for sharing QR Codes for any of the shirts I designed.

But Barry, if you're reading this, I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR QR CODES FOR GREEN HILL! /angryface

Edit: One more thing:

- If anyone wants this guy:

95px-Mott_NewLeaf_Official.png

Mott

He's leaving my town on the 28th. Don't be fooled by the glasses; this guy is a Jock.

Edited by tenchibr

Starting a couple days ago I've started getting minerals from money rocks:

HNI_0013_zpsaca7fc0c.jpg

HNI_0027_zps9014451d.jpg

HNI_0031_zps93bd91e6.jpg

Yesterday I got money again, but today it went back to the minerals. What's up with that?

HNI_0007_zps9663297a.jpg

You get ores sometimes if you're using the silver shovel. Tripping is down to luck, I believe, and can be due to all sorts of things.

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of the silver shovel, can anyone tell me the difference between the silver net and the regular net.

Speaking of the silver shovel, can anyone tell me the difference between the silver net and the regular net.

It's simply bigger, you don't need to be as accurate with it.

They added random tripping in this game?

We can now cut down the suspects to who added it in Brawl.

It's simply bigger, you don't need to be as accurate with it.

Thanks, really didn't notice that somehow.

I just opened the Dream Suite and Kicks today. Also, Club LOL is coming soon, since I got all the signatures so things are looking good for my town.

I recently started going to Tortimer Island a lot to hunt for bugs and fish. There's a LOT of rare bugs and fish over there -- completely worth the 1000 bell price for the round trip. I mean, I went there with 200 bells, and came back with 150,000. So I'm definitely doing there for more cash.

Also, this is very sudden, but for the next two hours, my town's turnip prices is currently 124 bells each. I asked Reese a little late today about the prices. Let me know if that's good for you and I'll add you and let you do your business.

Ok, the stalk market is a little frustrating. I first started buying turnips this week and only made a very slight profit by selling today. I know the patterns vary each week (sometimes the prices decrease all week, sometimes there are spikes, sometimes it's random, etc.), but I don't like to take chances very much. :P So would it be terribly wrong to post on here each week I buy turnips and ask around if anyone has better turnip prices than I do? Obviously I can do the same in return if I have a good week. I know sometimes people get huge spikes of 600+ bells, and I just don't wanna miss out on that sometimes. I just don't have enough friends that play Animal Crossing that I can guarantee a good week all the time.