Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Hardcore violence from a series like this is exactly why fics like these are popular. Some people just genuinely dig the shock value.

See the thing is, once that wears off, they're kind of shitty stories otherwise.

I just read Cheerilee's garden too, and I found it pretty boring. I liked the garden analogy, but it was too damn long and predictable. Cheerilee's insanity seemed forced and out of character, and her motives were crappy.

I think I preferred Cupcakes, if only because of the sheer incomprehensibility of Pinkie's actions; all we know is that she's killing ponies because "their numbers come up" and she's been doing it for a while. Cheerilee on the other hand is just a batshit insane teacher who hates her students to a stupidly high degree. Her motive is crude and poorly justified, and the cruelty she displayed while torturing each of the fillies to death was so ridiculously out of character and over the top that I couldn't help laughing at some parts; I mean, despite having supposedly never killed before, we see her laughing her ass off at her victims and drinking their blood, so naturally that its unnatural. It would be better if her transition to madness were a little more gradual, rather than her going straight to being a cold-hearted murderer.

So yeah, Cupcakes and Cheerilee's garden are both far-fetched stories, but Pinkie is more in-character in Cupcakes than Cheerilee is in Cheerilee's garden, making Cupcakes the more powerful one, in my opinion.

I've said it many times, but The Sonic Stadium is the best Pony forum I've ever been...

Want some food for thought?

Remember back then when Sonic was the best thing ever? We had like... 3 or 4 years worth of awesome titles on the Genesis and some arguably good spin off games on the GG and other consoles... There was a whole world loving the blue guy! He was more popular than many other pop icons and was the talk of gamers and rad kids all over the place, we had all sort of awesome events to promote the guy and the spin offs weren't just limited to the games, we had cartoons, comics and all sort of merchandise with his face... okay, maybe not so much in the latter, I'm not sure about it, but hey! Sonic pasta!

sonicthepasta.jpg

We also had (I think we still do have) a pretty big community with all kinds of colorful people and one of the most active fanart/remix/game making fandoms I've seen...

A few years and a pile questionable decisions later we are where we are, and I can't shake the feeling that all of this sounds awfully familiar...

606%5C5000157071606%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

I don't think it's JUST a fad, there are too many people making so many fanfics and music and spending a lot of time with the series, as well as the conventions and whatnot. People are just too dedicated.

Also MLP now is nowhere near as popular as Sonic was back in the day, it's just on the internet a lot, you don't see it irl much because of the whole "MLP is for girls" preconception that most people who aren't familiar with FiM would have. Sonic was at one point one of the most recognisable icons in the world, and still is really.

I don't think it's JUST a fad, there are too many people making so many fanfics and music and spending a lot of time with the series, as well as the conventions and whatnot. People are just too dedicated.

This is something I've been wondering about lately (And have waxed about before so forgive me if I sound like a broken record): where are we bronies going to eventually end up? Will there still be dedicated fansites like EQD a decade from now? Will the show end in just a couple more seasons, leaving behind a great legacy that we will remember fondly for years to come? Will it stagnate and stagnate until it loses the vast majority of its adult fans, but still cling onto life ala Spongebob Squarepants? Only now that I think about it, I'm not sure how comparable FiM is to past shows of this nature. I understand shows like Spongebob and Powerpuff Girls once had a large following of college-aged adults, but MLP has exploded thanks to the current structure of the internet community. The fans of such shows in the late 90's/early 00's could have only dreamed about the resources we have now. You couldn't just pull up an episode on Youtube, fan videos were downright non-existent or close to it, fan fiction...well okay, THAT was more or less the same, and fan art certainly existed back then even if it wasn't quite as easy to upload and share. You couldn't even deck out your forum profile like you can today. Signatures were nothing more then some kind of scrolling/flashing text and avatars simply didn't exist. FiM has been able to expand through avenues that were just recently constructed.

It's an unprecedented scenario, making the future very hard to predict. The creativity FiM has inspired in us is something like an online renaissance, having transcended above being a simple meme a long time ago. So maybe there will always be some kind of dedicated group of fans, or maybe in 20 years we'll look back and call this a mere fad. We'll just have to wait and see.

"Hey John?"

"Ya Rick?"

"You remember that My Little Pony Show?"

"Ya, some old girls cartoon in like, the 80's or 90's or something?"

"Ya, but there was actually a new version of the show that came out in....2000...10 I think? Over time, it eventually grew this HUGE fanbase over the internet!"

"What kind of fanbase?"

"They called themselves brownies I think...hehe, The fanbase ranged from Young girls to old males. Every age or gender liked the show. I heard it went on for 5 seasons, then the fans eventually moved on to something else when the show was cancelled."

"My Little Pony...had a fanbase like that? God were people that stupid back then? I thought that show was for little girls!"

"Just goes to show you how you wouldn't expect somethings to be popular..."

"Whatever dude, those guys must have been stupid or something."

"Heh, ya..."

*The two walk away*

"...Damn it season 6...what happened to you? I need to figure out what happens to Discords ghost, what happened to the shadow-estia? I need to know...The Bronies need to know..."

Welcome to my predictions for the year 2019.

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 6

I write FiM gore and clop.

For real! huh.png

Can I ask why?

Because when I read about people doing gore and clop in anything child-show related I have to raise my eyebrows a bit.

I don't know why, well, you guys of all people are bring up the "because of a kid show" card. So the guy clops, and others masturbate to their favorite anime, and others have a good time to obscure fetishes. Whatever floats his boat, it's not hurting anything XD.

As for the gore fics, like Sean said earlier, there's a certain appeal to people for the shock value. We're taking a super bubbly, carefree and positive show and now flipping it on it's head. It's interesting to see how things work out, when your expectations of the world are now thrown out the window.

• Thumbs Up 7

I hate the word "clopping", when I first heard about it I thought it was the pony equivalent of clapping.

...Boy was I wrong.wacko.png

• Thumbs Up 9

I don't know why, well, you guys of all people are bring up the "because of a kid show" card. So the guy clops, and others masturbate to their favorite anime, and others have a good time to obscure fetishes. Whatever floats his boat, it's not hurting anything XD.

As for the gore fics, like Sean said earlier, there's a certain appeal to people for the shock value. We're taking a super bubbly, carefree and positive show and now flipping it on it's head. It's interesting to see how things work out, when your expectations of the world are now thrown out the window.

Because it is?

I don't know, sorry but I don't feel comfortable with it with anything Pony or non-Pony, I understand fetishes, but to get that "into" a TV show that it invades your sex life I personally drawn the line.

I can't tell me how much it irks when I search Google for images and stuff like Tailspin and see Baloo with a 40 inch cock. sleep.png

50 shades of Rairty. I bet someone has done that.

Moving on from fetish, clop and gore.

Here is A Rainy Encounter one of the earliest FiM fics I read with over 25 chapters.

http://www.fimfictio...ncounter/Part-1

And Apples n Wrenches from the month when I became a Brony.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/867/1/Apples%27n%27Wrenches/Chapter-1%3A-Introductions-

Edited by Applejack1973

Because it is?

I don't know, sorry but I don't feel comfortable with it with anything Pony or non-Pony, I understand fetishes, but to get that "into" a TV show that it invades your sex life I personally drawn the line.

I can't tell me how much it irks when I search Google for images and stuff like Tailspin and see Baloo with a 40 inch cock. sleep.png

50 shades of Rairty. I bet someone has done that.

Of course it is, but using that as thing for your argument, as a brony pony fan thing, just seems backwards. I mean most of us seem to get upset when other people judge our show from the outside as "pfft, it's a kids show, what are you doing." Why should it be any different in this case?

I'm not saying it's wrong to not like that stuffs, I'm just saying is a personal preference for everyone. I mean I don't get pissy when I'm scrolling through art and find, well, Pinkie Pie's pie on my screen, but I'm not like "AW SHIT! *right clicks*" It's cool if people like it, and it's cool if you don't is what I'm getting at XD.

• Thumbs Up 7

As long as they don't get sexually attracted to a real-life horse, they can do what they want. I really don't give a shit.

Eh, sorry for actually tugging that along as a topic to talk about. As this stuff is kinda touchy on this board to talk about anyways, I think we should stop.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, sorry for actually tugging that along as a topic to talk about. As this stuff is kinda touchy on this board to talk about anyways, I think we should stop.

Well, after that, I want to ask you guys a question. Which pony do you guys relate to the most? Honestly, I don't know which one I relate to the most, since I have each of the traits the Mane 6 have.

TS- I keep track of my school work a lot. Since I want to look and sound smart, I study a lot, do my homework, and panic if I'm not ready for a test or quiz.

RD- This is from the competitive side of Rainbow Dash. If I'm playing a really intense game, or a hard one like Castlevania, or Ninja Gaiden, I get angry when I die. This also comes into play in sports like Baseball or Cross Country in PE. I get upset when I lose, and I try my hardest to win.

PP- Whenever I'm excited, I talk really fast, and ramble. While I don't have the same energy as Pinkie, I get close too when I eat a lot of sugar. Plus, I have ADHD, so if I don't take my medication, I'm bouncing off the walls and running all over the house, kinda like Pinkie is all the time in her crazy factor.

R- Whenever I'm practicing for something, and if I mess up just a little bit, I start over, like how Rarity doesn't like to mess up. I also whine sometimes whenever I'm bored, or if I'm tired, and just want to sleep. Oh, and since I've seen Rarity overreact, I do that a lot.

AJ- Since Applejack is a calm pony, it reminds me of when I'm home, or by myself. I'm the calm person in my family, I would rather relax and having some peace and quiet, rather than have a party. Even when I'm surprised, I'm usually calm about it, as much as I want to scream. Oh, and I support my friends a lot when they need help, kinda like Applejack. :3

FS- Continuing on my calm side, I'm not much of a talker. Usually, I just walk around without saying anything, unless I want to go somewhere with my parents, or if I ask my parents for something. As for the shy part, I'm normally very shy towards girls, and new people around me, and I usually stay out of a lot of things to keep my reputation solid. :)

Now, this is not to gloat, because why would I gloat off to the people I enjoy talking to (aka: you guys :D)?

If I had to choose one, I'd say it has to be Applejack. My calm persona is my quiet side, and I'm loyal to my friends and family, which I have their trust to. :)

I think we should stop too.

Anyway.

AJ- Since Applejack is a calm pony, it reminds me of when I'm home, or by myself. I'm the calm person in my family, I would rather relax and having some peace and quiet, rather than have a party. Even when I'm surprised, I'm usually calm about it, as much as I want to scream. Oh, and I support my friends a lot when they need help, kinda like Applejack. :3

FS- Continuing on my calm side, I'm not much of a talker. Usually, I just walk around without saying anything, unless I want to go somewhere with my parents, or if I ask my parents for something. As for the shy part, I'm normally very shy towards girls, and new people around me, and I usually stay out of a lot of things to keep my reputation solid. smile.png

Now, this is not to gloat, because why would I gloat off to the people I enjoy talking to (aka: you guys biggrin.png)?

If I had to choose one, I'd say it has to be Applejack. My calm persona is my quiet side, and I'm loyal to my friends and family, which I have their trust to. smile.png

I can also relate to FS and AJ most too as I am calm person.

Fresh from the Nicole Oliver twitter

Nicole Oliver@mouthnoize

@ygugsa my #favcelestiamoment is in Season 3 when she ....oops....wink.png

Edited by Applejack1973

Personally gore fics bore me, the stories that really scar me are those in the more psychological side of things... Or the ones that show gore but bother to explain why (making it kind of psychological in the process?)

A nice example of this would be "The Night That Never Ended" (AKA By Celestia's beard when are you going to update damn it!).when...

Fluttershy is killing all her animals friends (and non friends), she had to make that choice... it was that or let all of Ponyville die of starvation. (makes more sense and is better explained in context BTW)

"Heavenly Turmoil" might be a good one too, mostly because it runs wild with Discord and what he is capable of doing and dat ending...

EDIT: What's up with me being late to all the topics today? Slowpoke.gif

Oh well, have an epic comic:

prelude_of_the_nightmare_night_by_niban_destikim-d59muis.jpg

Clickityclick

Tell me I'm not the only one who knows where this comes from, tell me I'm not the only one who knows where this comes from, tell me I'm not the only one who knows where this comes from...

EDIT2: Characters I relate?

s1TDk.jpg

I like Rarity...

I shall expand on this.

As you can see on the chart I'm an Applejack, something I wouldn't like to agree with since it's as far away as the best pony as one could be but yeah, I'm a nut when it comes to rules/honestly.

I have a Fluttershy in second place, this is due because I'm not very open IRL, and this actually goes back to the AJ side of me, I'm honest... Maybe too much, in my group of friends I'm the blunt one, or the one who always states things as they are with little to no sugarcoating, of course, this doesn't work so well when speaking to strangers...

Also, I tend to have little bursts of Flutterbitch.

According to the chart I'm also a closet Pinkie Pie, which kind of makes sense since I love fun things (too bad my idea of fun is a little more nerdy than what the people that surround me are willing to accept *points to Twi*).

*not taking this too seriously, as many internet personality tests*

As a side note, did I ever mention how scarily similar my 4 year old niece is to Pinkie Pie? Even the part when she randomly burst into songs.

EDIT3: *not spamming slowpoke pics so imagine there is one here*

*posts*

*checks sig*

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

You are the one who made that comic!? It's one of my favorites! O_O

Edited by gato

I can relate to most of the mane six, but only their negative traits:

I'm skeptical(Twilight Sparkle)

I'm paranoid(Pinkamena)

I'm arrogant(Rainbow Dash)

I'm selfish(Rarity)

and I'm shy(Applejack)

Who we most relate to?

Without beating around the bush, I'm gonna say that I like Rainbow Dash, as like any character I like the most from a series, because I feel like I relate to them the most. I don't see myself as a 100% RD clone of course, but I feel like I have similar attributes, and it's why I like this pony so much haha.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't like being accepted and loved by others. I have constant drives to be more than myself, and look up to idols (whether fiction or real) to try and gain myself. Helping out a friend and having their back no matter what is something I insanely hold close to me. I don't think I'm thickheaded or as competitive as RD, but there's been my moments, especially if it's a light-hearted face-off against a best friend. There's even some interests I have that in real life, I'm kinda embarrassed to share since I'd be lying again if I didn't care what the people I care about think of me. Throw in that extreme sports and flight are kinda up my alley, and Rainbow Dash is one pretty sweet package to gush over.

Though for other ponies, I'd have to say I can be a bit shy like Fluttershy at times (definitely not that extreme of a level though LOL). I've got a pretty big heart for animals as well. I like carrying out intensive projects like Rarity I guess, but I'm usually too lazy or unmotivated to keep them up at a rate I'd wish. Lastly, I'm pretty sure if there's any other pony I'd feel like I'm alike, it's Pinkie Pie. I do get hyper, like to spout crazy shit alot, and sometimes don't feel like everyone is getting what I'm saying haha.

Can I throw in Derpy just because I can make my eyes go 6_9?

• Thumbs Up 1

For a while I saw myself as a more laid-back Twilight or a non-athletic Applejack. I value honesty and I take my schoolwork and general studies very seriously, and I think over the last few years I've become something of an "egghead" as RD would call it. Then a while back in this very thread, someone posted a pony personality test and I scored very highly as Fluttershy.

At first I was surprised. If I had taken that test as a kid, then yes, I would have expected that. These days? I feel like such a different person. But then I really started thinking about it, and you know what? I'm really not. I'm certainly more responsible, I've learned to stand up for myself and (particularly) my ideals, and I've come into my own as a person. I don't just adapt the ideals of others and let people walk all over me, is all. But while it may not be as blatant, I *am* still a bit shy and timid. I've just adapted to live with these feelings, so I don't really notice them as much. It still takes time for me to warm up to strangers, and I don't like adversity...but I recognize it's an inevitable thing in life, so I know how to deal with it when I must. I'm even still a bit sensitive (Though thankfully nowhere NEAR as much as I once was). So, yeah, Fluttershy is definitely my #1 pony, though I have a bit in common with all of them.

....Except Rarity. Yeah, sorry, I've never liked her much but I freely admit it's because I have a hard time relating to her in any way. She just doesn't have any character traits I can latch onto, ya know?

The Pony Personality test results I got told me that I'm most similar to Rainbow dash, but if we're talking about the entire show, I think I'm most similar to Luna.

I'm probably just saying that though since she's the best pony.

Derpy interrupts this discussion on Pony relatability to bring you this important message:

65543__safe_derpy-hooves_animated_cat_unknown-artist_cats.gif
Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 9

Pony personality test it says I'm most like Fluttershy but somehow Rainbow Dash (the polar opposite personality) is a close 2nd ._. i guess I'm most like Luna though, we have the same personality type.

I hate it when people just think this a fad. If there is a fanbase that constantly produces original songs, artwork, stories, charities and conventions at a rate that would make even Sonic and RD feel jealous then I really doubt that it's just a mere fad that will just disappear overnight (regardless of it having exploded overnight) and be thought of as that weird trend we used to blindly follow. The differences between the ones who truly like this show for what it is, and the ones who just do it to look cool or funny (and utterly fail at it) are quite apparent, those who really are fans will stay to chat, discuss, share works and pony on while those who just see it as a fad will unnoticeably just fade into obscurity... Of course there's also those who simply become uninterested for whatever reason and that's fine. Just remember that there are still fics, art and other stuff still being produced by fanbases of long finished shows like DBZ. I also hate it when others say that the fanbase is the worst scum ever to grace the planet and it has ruined their liking of the show... Yet they're still a part of a fanbase like Sonic's. Da fak? I don't know, it's just that personally I find the notion that fans of a media make you unable to like it to make that person seem really weak minded to me.

• Thumbs Up 1