Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Well, currently listening to a read of My Little Dashie on Youtube by PonyshipRandom. I don't really feel like taking the time to read it myself, so getting someone else to do the dirty work *shot*. I just want to at least say I've gone through the story so I can have an opinion on it, and it seems just like one of those things that every brony has experienced.

Just trying to not let the voice itself sway me, or the slight background music, XD.

Okay, videos like this are why I LOVE this fandom so damn much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDdL4z5qfr4

I mean fucking look at that. I was half tempted to try to trick you guys into thinking it was a new Season 3 song, the quality is that good. But then I remembered most of you visit EQD and would know exactly what I'm doing, so...

Also, one of the comments makes a pretty good point (I know, something of actual value from a Youtube comment! Whoda thunk it?)

*That awesome moment when fan-made content reaches the point where one could easily see the fandom continuing the series after the official episodes eventually stop being made.*

This guy might actually be onto something. This fanbase is certainly rabid enough that I can envision this happening.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 9

So I finished it.

Honestly, to be blunt, I hated it. My Little Dashy just seemed way to hard to try and pull at your heartstrings, and I think it just over did it. I might have gotten me if Rainbow Dash was actually Rainbow Dash, but I felt like she was a cardboard cutout stand in for really anything you could have an obsession for, since she hardly acted like herself, the pony I love from the show.

The guy constantly over kills the "my parents are dead" in the first 40 minutes to add on by the way. For awhile there it seemed every other sentence to be tagged with "because my parents died." I'm not saying throwing "my parents died" is a bad story element, but I think it just debunks the whole intention of sadness when you have bring it up every motion you make.

I don't know, I'm really struggling to see what it's so praised really. Yeah, any person can possibly fill this man's shoe on the internet. Grief from a dead one, loneliness, everyday frustrations, etc. Add in tossing your very own Rainbow Dash Tamagotchi in the mix and I can see how it'd quickly climb the popularity ladder.

I don't mean to rip on something you guys like a lot, because chances are a few of you really love it, and that's totally fine. I just didn't find it suiting for my interests and found it rather hollow. Then again I was experiencing it for the Rainbow Dash, and not the narrator.

EDIT: On the Jerry Springer thing, I'm just bracing for the lols. If it goes down like how I remember Jerry Springer in the 90s, I'll be ready to laugh my ass off at how ridiculous it gets, XD. Honestly, I kinda wish I was the guy being interviewed. It'd be fun and hilarious keeping it cool and watch Springer get frustrated that I'm making his ratings drop even more.

• Thumbs Up 9

*DA MAGICKS.avi*

Sorry for making a kind of useless post but I have to somehow show my approval of this...

Man I don't think have anything that shows how much I love this...

Could anyone help me with this one?

Anyway, I've said it way back when one of the VDC posts got animated but this guy... This guy's work is simply amazing...

Having said that, I didn't like Photo Finish voice olololololololololololo*runs away*lololololololololo....

EDIT: Forgot I had this pic...

NVe40.png

Yeah... This one will do...

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

That Tabitha St Germain interview was really good, btw. At first I thought she was more distant than like Tara Strong because she didn't really want to get that involved, but she seems really great (and very funny) as well actually. You can also hear her Rarity accent when she speaks as well, and she brings up a good point about how Rarity is all upper class but not snobby which makes her more appealing, which is something I already noted as why I like Rarity so much. The interviewer also brought up a good point about how Rarity being overdramatic is what makes her more endearing.

Also I liked how Tabitha was interviewing him at one point! They got along really well and naturally and it was an interesting listen even though I've not got round to listening to every second yet.

On a side note HOLY SHIT DAT ANIMATION

Edited by Semi-colon e

I honestly had no idea Jerry Springer was still on TV until now. I'm hoping no one takes his bait, but that might be hoping for too much.

I'm actually going to try to read a few fan fictions today. Anyone know a good one?

Several. Right now I'm on a bit of a Lyra binge, so I will recommend Anthropology and Background Pony.

Having said that, I didn't like Photo Finish voice olololololololololololo*runs away*lololololololololo....

Not sure if serious or not...

Regardless, they could have used the voice they had BEFORE it was animated. tongue.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaigP8KynvQ&feature=plcp

Edited by Speederino

I'm actually going to try to read a few fan fictions today. Anyone know a good one?

For starters there are Taming the Dragon and it's an early fic by me.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4287/Taming-the-Dragon

One of the few Pokey Pierce fics.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/12800/1/The-Truth-About-%26quot%3BPokey%26quot%3B-Pierce/In-which-the-stage-is-set

Holy fuck that video is amazing, let's see now; Another Mod as a brony, oh god two years later and it's still spreading like cancer. Jerry Springer........meh.

Holy shit. I just saw the Return of Harmony episodes.

Badass! I don't think I need to say more. Something that I thought MLP would even achieve on a lifetime.

Discord gets points for being a troll, and a pretty damn good one at that.

He reminds me of Mephiles, if he was a troll. :)

Badass! I don't think I need to say more. Something that I thought MLP would even achieve on a lifetime.

Discord gets points for being a troll, and a pretty damn good one at that.

He reminds me of Mephiles, if he was a troll. smile.png

That's a pretty interesting comparison... Both are insane, like to manipulate our heroes, and motivations that are... odd to say the least. but Discord wins this round for actually being an enjoyable character.

Good episodes... the ending was probably the only two times that made me groan due to how obvious the reference was... That and the King Kong reference in Secret of my Excess. Seriously, it was almost like a Family Guy reference.

Holy fuck that video is amazing, let's see now; Another Mod as a brony, oh god two years later and it's still spreading like cancer. Jerry Springer........meh.

Yes this is a cancer... but my god this cancer feels soooo good! :D

... Sorry was that a little tasteless?

Anyways, I just got up from having a very odd My Little Pony dream. Honestly, since I rarely ever dream nowadays, I actually savior every one I remember. This one was so out there, it makes me wonder drugs were put into my water... I'd explain it, but I would probably confuse the hell out of the fellow posters. I tried to tell it, but the more I wrote, the less sense it made. tongue.png

I can just say it involved Hearts and Hooves day, time travel, an evil human militia known as the time lords, (loldrwho) and Sweetie Bot.

Yeah.

I also watched that video last night. Holy crap, I seriously almost thought I was watching a clip from season 3. This is why I follow the "Ask CMC" tumblr. biggrin.png

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 2

Edited by Applejack1973

Wow, this thread is long.

Wasn't expecting such a long pony thread on a Sonic forum. 8D

Yay! Hello new member, and welcome to the Stadium.

Hit it Pinkie!

(Any reason to post this video, is a good reason.)

• Thumbs Up 3

Yay! Hello new member, and welcome to the Stadium.

Hit it Pinkie!

(Any reason to post this video, is a good reason.)

lol Thanks!

Cranky Doodle Donkey: DOOOOOOOOOHH

• Thumbs Up 2

We're all being turned into bronies one by one, there's no escape. Just go in any thread and see how many pony avatars and/or sigs there are tongue.png

BronyExplosion.pngThe Brony Explosion is spreading like wildfire. :D

Welcoming ponies is cool and all guys, but we're getting a little cluttered and stuff and might want to move the warm welcomes to the intro thread XD.

Thanks everypony and such~

• Thumbs Up 3

I wha-?

...this is a Sonic forum? blink.png

I actually DO tend to kind of forget that at times. I'm not even kidding. There's nothing interesting happening within the Sonic franchise right now so I mostly come here for the ponies. I really wouldn't be surprised if half of my post count comes from this thread alone.

AND WELCOME TO THREAD TWILIGHTSTARLING!!! Open your present! :3

pinkie_pie_party_wallpaper_by_pikn2-d4pn36e.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay Dashy already said to redirect the welcoming posts to the intro topic, and also cut down on the small talk posts since they're mostly clutter, so please get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 3