Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I love Lyra and Colgate! I like the colours they used for these two and they have really cute expressive faces. X3 They really stand out. Also makes me wish there were more green ponies around like Lyra. I'd like to see Minty in the show!

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 2

For a long while I didn't really see the appeal to background ponies. Basically if they weren't Derpy, I didn't care. They were just background ponies, why should I care? Then certain fanfictions happened and I found myself intentionally looking for specific characters.

And now Lyra is my favorite. I'll always love watching Derpy's antics but there's just something awesome about Lyra. Most of my love for her comes from fanon, admittedly. There's just something funny and strangely appealing about the obsession with humans. It always makes her the oddball out, the pony everyone thinks is crazy but is actually completely sane. I take a liking to these kinds of characters.

In the show itself, I just like how bouncy and energetic she is. I had never noticed her background antics in Super Speedy Cider Squeezy until recently. Seriously, pause it at 16:03.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swtRkbyBN8Y

And now I'm noticing she does silly stuff pretty often, really. She's like Derpy in the sense that she really only exists to do silly things in the background, but it's not as noticable. Derpy will oftentimes be at the center of the camera, yet Lyra is always way off in the distance doing something that's more subtle, yet still funny. I dig that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah I think Lyra and Derpy are my favorite BG ponies.

sophisticated_sitting_ponies_society_by_tomdantherock-d59wade.gif

Oh! And Roid Rage! He's just badass. biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Impressive high resolution map

*Amazing Map*

Nice, I hope the other posters are uploaded in high resolution as well soon. I could not find them at my local Walmart for the life of me. I'm probably going to check another one tomorrow though.

How does William Anderson score the show we all know and love? Well, he just let us in on an interesting secret.

Casting the spell known as "The My Little Pony Mind Meld," whereupon I enter a trance state and commune with The Grand Goddess of The Elements of Harmony, who transmits the music for the show to me while I am in oneness with her. The music for the MLP:FiM is not written by me, it is given. I am just the vessel for the transmission. The music is from The Goddess of the Elements of Harmony.

tumblr_m46qfmS7FZ1rtcfaqo1_500.jpg

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 8

How does William Anderson score the show we all know and love? Well, he just let us in on an interesting secret.

825.gif

Brb, renouncing my faith and shit.

I love how practically everyone one the FiM team has a sense of humor.

laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 5

SimGretina made another Mane 6 song. Yay! I have to say though, it's not as good as his Rarity one. That said, it's still very good.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's weird that I've been lurking this thread and haven't post a single featherin' reply.

I know, shame on me for missing out all the fun...

So yeah, I like this show next to Transformers: Prime, it's chill.

Anyway, in terms of favorite bg characters, I usually like the well-known Ditzy..er-Derpy, Octavia, and Soarin. But for the lesser-known characters, I have to say it's Roseluck and Caramel. (in a non-shipping way.)

One more thing, spare me the "Welcome to the herd!" videos, gifs, and the brohooves.

serious-620x.jpg

I mean it.

/ego

• Thumbs Up 6

One more thing, spare me the "Welcome to the herd!" videos, gifs, and the brohooves.

Well someone is being a Cranky Doodle Donkey. So...what are we supposed to do? To not outlandishly celebrate every new arrival in this thread is like going to a family reunion without your aunt pinching your cheeks and whispering kinky things in your ear. It's tradition.

What do you mean that never happens to you? Like hell it doesn't.

Well then, WELCOME TO THE THREAD!!! (See, no gifs, videos, or pony-centric wording tongue.png )

serious-620x.jpg

I mean it.

/ego

!dreh eht ot emoclew

sorry, couldn't resist!

Anyway, in terms of favorite bg characters, I usually like the well-known Ditzy..er-Derpy, Octavia, and Soarin. But for the lesser-known characters, I have to say it's Roseluck and Caramel. (in a non-shipping way.)

Yeah, Soarin' is definitely character I like a lot. He looks pretty awesome, especially in the uniform version in the picture with him in the last episode, and he seems like a really laid back and fun loving character XD. Not much of a shipping guy myself, but if there was anything that I've found at least tolerable, I don't mind the RD x Soarin' business *mauled*

Okay, I really need to start watching this show again - I haven't even finished season 1.

Tomorrow.

I'll start tomorrow.

I just finished the first chapter of my crossover, but now I can't upload it or put it on Word to spellcheck it. What a time to not have a computer. Might as well write the next few chapters until then.

Lyra is probably my tenth favourite pony.

By the way, what is the general opinion on Lyra's personality? I have always imagined her as a tomboyish slob.

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as background ponies are concerned, my favorite is Applej-*shot*

Haha, in all seriousness... I have quite a fondness for WildFire aka Sibsy's pony. I really like her mane. XD

Wild_Fire_S2E25.png

I hope we see more of her in the future and maybe let more of her personality show.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think it was awhile back, but boy oh boy do I never get sick looking at that gear he's got. Totally jelly, D:

By the way, what is the general opinion on Lyra's personality? I have always imagined her as a tomboyish slob.

I used to think like that but her (first) voice and Background Pony switched that view.

The change of fanon was surprisingly smooth.

Also, am I right if I guess that we already have fanart and "in progress" fanfics of the Grand Goddess of The Elements of Harmony? inb4Cadence

EDIT: Dem high res posters...

Chaos is Magic

Season 2

The one nobody cares about Canterlot Wedding

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, similar to what you have in mind. A tomboyish slob with a tendency to be very eccentric (Based off fanon personality of obsessing over humans and sometimes seaponies) and at times overly dramatic (If you've seen swarm of the century, her crying over the cake that was eaten by a parasprite)

Well, that's at least how I write her. tongue.png

I'm too ADD to enjoy Background Pony's philosophical nature (philosphy's boring as crap, lol), so I don't know how she's portrayed in that. I'm betting something unique though, which I think is always welcome in this community.

I just posted that on the brony board I go to... They're reactions are pretty much, "lol wut." XD

My reaction's the same. I think that's really dang stupid.

B-but the roller coaster, D;. The Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie's baked portal, the possibility it could be an island not governed by a country in the middle of no-where so they can secretly keep their visitors and give them the option to either be turned into a rainbow or a cupcake, the public *yet unsanitary* "sink" rooms, Fluttershy's pet the wild and dangerous animals exhibit, real life dragons (really), and the tour of Tartarus!

The big picture people!

• Thumbs Up 6