Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

My little Dashie was a bit shorter then I expected it to be. I guess it was alright, but Rainbow Dash didn't really feel like Rainbow Dash should be like, and the "Dad" keeps on expressing how happy he is to finally have Rainbow Dash for himself. "OH MAH GAWD SHE CALLED ME DADEH <3 <3 <4", He expresses how happy or sad he is about Rainbow Dash to many times. Its annoying.

But the lack of personality in Rainbow Dash was still the worse part for me. It might as well have been any character who was a pony and it would have worked out. If you had to guess who she was without seeing the name Rainbow Dash in the story, You probably wouldn't know.

The story also could have been more fleshed out. Like I said before, the story was shorter then I was expecting it to be. Couldn't we have some more explanation of what happened during those 15 years, or hell, who put Rainbow in the box to begin with?

• Thumbs Up 1

MLP just has more going on right now while Sonic is currentley on the backburner with his career (not that that's a bad thing, its cool that the series is on break and I'm stoked to see what the next big reveal will be).

I guess that's what happens when one medium is a tv show while the other is a game franchise. Not to mention that talking about MLP is actually fun and cool, not to mention the fanbase is always keeping things interesting with various works. I don't think I have to explain why MLP is better than Sonic in regards to discussion value and general fanbase behavior.

/late

Edited by The Noodle
  • Thumbs Up 3

EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING

TURN YOUR VOLUME UP

AND GET DOWN

Maybe it's just me, but I started off really liking this, but I feel that this would have been better as a purely Stardust Speedway remix, and one of the very few of his works where the pony song's inclusion didn't really do it for me. Which is a pity, as it's otherwise a fantastic remix.

Edited by Semi-colon e

wha-?

...this is a Sonic forum?

I just don't know what went wrong.

While we are waiting for Season 3.

Let there be spoilers.

30mb96h.png

igi9gi.png

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 1

I seriously can't believe I didn't notice this

twilight+mom.jpg

Totally went right over my head, XD. I think that's a pretty cool shout out to the previous shows, making a mane 6's mom like one of the past pony designs and such.

• Thumbs Up 8

twilight+mom.jpg

Totally went right over my head, XD. I think that's a pretty cool shout out to the previous shows, making a mane 6's mom like one of the past pony designs and such.

How COULD you have noticed it, unless you actually watched G1?

twilight+mom.jpg

And she's not the only one

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-g-derpy.jpg

G1 Derpy!

Also, welcome Debug

• Thumbs Up 7

Hey guys, I'm just popping in to say never ever read Cherliee's Garden. Ever.

... *Googles Cherilee's Garden*...

[Grimdark/Extreme Gore]

Wellfuck.jpg

Edited by Sweecrue
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let's take a look back on the San Diego comic con for hunters and collectors.

Edited by Applejack1973

.......Welp, gotta go kill myself now.

I take it that it's one of the fanbase's many gorefics?

It surprises me that Bronies themselves actually write these... I get more scared by the fact that they thought this up in their heads than the actual fics themselves. If i recall the only gorefic written by an Anti-Brony was Sweet Apple massacre and that just as, if not more, effed up as all the other gorefics.

Gorefics in general never made any sense to me, I mean where in the hell do you get blood and hardcore violence from a series like this? I can understand writing a darker story, but to take it into something like "Cupcakes" just doesn't sit well with me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: keep R-rated material far, far away from MLP. I enjoy this series due to it being lighthearted without being gut-wrenchingly cutesey, so the last thing I want to read about is the characters murdering each other and having sex.

Not to say I'm against any dark material at all showing up in fanworks, but it needs to be done right and have a purpose. Or perhaps done for the sake of parody, like in .MOV.

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually tried reading a bunch of them one day just to see how far I could push my limits, but what I found out was that gorefics don't affect me at all. I read Cupcakes long before I ever became a fan of the show and thought it was boring, and my reaction to Rainbow Factory was "That's it?" Cheerilee's Garden didn't make me flinch, either.

Gorefics in general never made any sense to me, I mean where in the hell do you get blood and hardcore violence from a series like this? I can understand writing a darker story, but to take it into something like "Cupcakes" just doesn't sit well with me.

• Thumbs Up 3

As I said, im somewhat of a weakling in that regard, as I cannot read this kind of stuff whitout getting physically sick to my stomach.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't mind Cupcakes all that much, gorefics aren't really my thing though so I probably won't read Rainbow Factory and the like.

I did read some sort of continuation of Cupcakes that was pretty cool tho' (it was in the featured fics on FiMFiction for awhile, and it had a pretty cover art so I read it... don't judge me). It wasn't gory at all, but it was dark as all hell and Pinkamena was funny, so it worked out in the end.

Edited by Pinkamina

I had to fix my sister's laptop yesterday, and when I turned it on I saw A Precious Rainbow linked on the desktop. Which implies she's read Cupcakes.

She's eleven (I think).

Edit: Related:

65417__safe_pinkie-pie_crossover_invader-zim_artist-germaneseguy.png

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 2

I take it that it's one of the fanbase's many gorefics?

It surprises me that Bronies themselves actually write these... I get more scared by the fact that they thought this up in their heads than the actual fics themselves. If i recall the only gorefic written by an Anti-Brony was Sweet Apple massacre and that just as, if not more, effed up as all the other gorefics.

I read Cupcakes because of its infamy, and then Sweet Apple Massacre on a dare, which was much more fucked up and I could barely sit through like 1/5 of it before I just quit. The story behind the latter from what I've heard was that some anti-brony was so butthurt about getting his ass kicked on Black Ops by some player called The Cutie Mark Crusader or something like that, so he set out to write it in retaliation. From the little bit that I read the guy had no clue how to write and very basic knowledge of characters.

Just finished reading Cheeriliee's Garden a few minutes ago.

I don't usually get disgusted or sick by these type of gore stories so I read it all. This one wasn't any different. All I got from it was "STUDENTS ARE BAD! MUST KILL ALL! Hey, Killing is kind of fun! I should do this more often". One Kid down, Another, Another, oh whats going to happen next, another? Well would you look at that! Granted, I don't really care for any Gore specific stories, but this was just predictable to the point it became boring to even continue reading it all, but I did it anyway. The best part of the story in my eyes was just wondering how Cheerilee even managed to set up those traps. Acid? Really, how did she get her hooves on acid? And all of those other torture devices?

This also doesn't fit Cheerilee's personality at all. Maybe Gilda, or Luna, or even Trixie, but I can't see Cheerilee doing this. I guess that's another reason I don't like it. Still, I do like to see a change in the same traditional FIM we always get. This is a nice little change.

Read Cupcakes just to see how it got to be so infamous and I wasn't really surprised at what it contained. I honestly wasn't scared after reading it and to be honest I've read scarier stories in my personal library than that. I am not hating on the fic I just didn't feel scared when I read it.

I think I've said it many times and I'll say it again... Cupcakes and similar fics themselves didn't scare me... It's the fact that someone (Fans even,) thinks this crap up that disturbs me. Now, I'm not going to berate anyone who writes these kind fics, but it disturbs me to know that someone out there thought this up of ways to maim, tourture and kill people/ponies/pokemon/ whatever in it and thought that this was a good Idea to share with the world...

I've said it many times, but The Sonic Stadium is the best Pony forum I've ever been...

MLP just has more going on right now while Sonic is currentley on the backburner with his career (not that that's a bad thing, its cool that the series is on break and I'm stoked to see what the next big reveal will be).

I guess that's what happens when one medium is a tv show while the other is a game franchise. Not to mention that talking about MLP is actually fun and cool, not to mention the fanbase is always keeping things interesting with various works. I don't think I have to explain why MLP is better than Sonic in regards to discussion value and general fanbase behavior.

/late

Want some food for thought?

Remember back then when Sonic was the best thing ever? We had like... 3 or 4 years worth of awesome titles on the Genesis and some arguably good spin off games on the GG and other consoles... There was a whole world loving the blue guy! He was more popular than many other pop icons and was the talk of gamers and rad kids all over the place, we had all sort of awesome events to promote the guy and the spin offs weren't just limited to the games, we had cartoons, comics and all sort of merchandise with his face... okay, maybe not so much in the latter, I'm not sure about it, but hey! Sonic pasta!

sonicthepasta.jpg

We also had (I think we still do have) a pretty big community with all kinds of colorful people and one of the most active fanart/remix/game making fandoms I've seen...

A few years and a pile questionable decisions later we are where we are, and I can't shake the feeling that all of this sounds awfully familiar...

606%5C5000157071606%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Of course, nowadays we have the internet, which might prevent the decay process... Or accelerate it.

*RDDUNDUNDUN.flv*

EDIT: I should probably mention, that I love Sonic and the fandom, and while there might be some odd cases here and there most of us wouldn't be here otherwise.

But hey! Why be so down and gloomy like that? Let's sit back and enjoy today's edition of...

B2vwm.png

Episode 10: Use an Apple... And if That Don't Work, Use MORE Apples!

Never ennuff apple!

While posting this I realized that I made some progress, but not the one I needed to make, I was doing episode 11 when I started to think what should I do for B-Side, and then I started making those 2 posts instead, which means I have nothing beyond playlist 11 (and that one isn't fully organized either)...

I suck at this...

Anyway, pretty much like with episode 4, today we are taking a break from the love this comunity has for electronic music, today we are going to talk about an artist who makes orchestrated music, so please sit back and enjoy the musical engineering(?) of Tsyolin (AKA, ApplejackTheEngineer).

01 )

We begin with this little piece of epicness, Glaze is a pretty good artist and releases some of the catchiest stuff this fandom can produce, and of course, the fandom answers with remixes... A lot of them in certain cases...

This is Tsyiolin's take on what some might consider musical classics of the bronydom (bringing me back to the time when I questioned the use of such words in a fandom that has around 2 years of existence), I personally think some tracks gain a lot as orchestrated pieces (IMO, Nightmare Night and Beyond Her Garden, though this one here isn't my favorite version of it), all in all a very good piece. And I guess it counts as a teaser of something I'll post at some point in the future.

02 )

Somehow, putting this next to Rainbow Factory just fits...

While I don't think this is my favorite version of the track (hard to top MIU's cover) The different instrumentation is something worth appreciating.

Also, Til this point I didn't knew Veggie could play the guitar, nice surprise I got when I found out.

03 )

While I never understood the whole NLR thing I have to admit they have a really catchy theme. tongue.png

I also must admit that I spend a lot of time thinking Makkon's version of this track was the original one. >_>

Anyway, this remix really manages to make me feel some emotions, especially considering the context it was made in and how well it fits with it. (I personally wasn't so affected by NACP's departure, but one can't deny what he did for the musical side of this fandom)

04 )

I love the first minute of this one, it's so chill inducing...

Then it comes back at 3:22.

05 )

While I love the Original (and certain remix of it) I also feel that this track really benefits with the orchestra treatment.

This piece in particular is above anything else, relaxing and calm, might be a bit on the repetitive side but I'm not sure if Tsyolin was going to something beyond what I stated previously.

06 ) My Little Orchestra . Intro Theme/Giggle At The Ghostly.

I spend a lot of time with this and the next 2 ones...

You see, Tsyolin released a whole album with Orchestrated versions of Season 1's song, and I had to pick up 3 (due to other tracks taking a bit more priority since I feel they were more unique and I didn't want to link to the whole album). All of them good pieces... At the end I picked the ones who sounded kind of good next to each other. tongue.png

07 ) My Little Orchestra - Winter Wrap Up

Second track of this My Little Orchestra section, "Twilight solo" near the end sounds really good in this one.

08 ) My Little Orchestra - At The Gala

A little late, but I just realized I put the intro and the 2 most popular songs... I'm so mainstream...

We close this block with what is pretty much THE orchestra piece of the show (and some other genres thrown in it), hearing RD's part in orchestra was interesting to say the least...

09 ) Sharing Is Caring

And now, for something completely different...

Trancey electronic thingie... While I don't think it stands out too much It's still a nice piece, and I think it fits next to the track bellow.

10 )

This is a remix of a deadmau5 track. With Tsyolin playing as mau5 and Aviators singing as Chris James.

While the original is more like a club track this one has a more relaxing sound, and while it can be argued if his inclusion was necessary I personally think Aviator's voice fits this version of the track.

11 ) A Winter Alone

Oh hai there Griffin Village! Long time no see! :V

Not sure if I like the autotune this time, but the instrumentation is appreciated. (there is an instrumental version FYI)

12 )

This track brought me back to the discussion you guys were having about pony music...

There are pieces like this one (more noticeable in the original version) that I feel they make a really good job at fitting a character without using music that would normally be associated with it...

Besides... Flutterstep... 'nuff said.

But back to the track in question, I loved the original and while I don't think I'll be able to show Replacer's work (in what nowadays I call Season 1 of this series of posts) I felt like I had to sneak some of his stuff at some point, and this one was the perfect opportunity in this very community.

I loved the original, so when I saw this I felt like it had some very big shoes to fill, and while I don't think it fully succeeded at that (very big shoes to fill) it still delivered an amazing piece with some really epic moments, and by that I mean the part from 3:00 onward (especially after 4:00)... It's just so... Magical...

Is the only word I can use to describe it.... it's magical... But that might be my brain (subconsciously) not daring to compare anything with certain musical legends.

13 )

Man, to this day I'm still having troubles thinking this came from Tombstone.

This is a really good piece, mixing Tomb's Good Ol' Days and Smile remix (though TBH you'll barely hear the latter, sounds a lot more like the original song rather than Tomb's version of it) and putting them together, while giving them the orchestra treatment that I hope you've learned to love at this point.

Also, while I don't think it can replace the original, this instruments simply works better at delivering that old school feeling (or maybe the right word is "Nostalgic").

3:10 OH GOD THAT CHORUS! IT'S BACK!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

14 )

Surprisingly sad track with a happy tune... Such a Silly song.

This one has SoGreatAndPowerful written all over it, and I think that's enough reason to love it.

But what stands above for me is the ending, the chirpy tune goes and goes and goes but then it hits 2:40 and it becomes something else... Something moving... A beautiful melody like the ones I've learned to expect from SGaP (those words in the middle are tear inducing too).

Of course! Tsyolin worked on this track too! laugh.png And his influence (as well as his voice) stand on their own, its just that I'm a total fangirl when it comes to SGaP. tongue.png

I guess this is the reason why I chose to put this track in the end too, despite the sudden ending...

And it's like this that we close another episode of The Playlist, I'll spend what's left of this day trying to figure out what to make 2 weeks from now on. >_>

Oh well, unless some sort of horrible catastrophe of epic proportions happen (or if I keep being lazy) next week I'll post B-Side Episode 2: Wooden Toasters... How do They Work?

Just before posting, this list had 13 tracks (not because it didn't have enough music, a slip of mine made me forget about one of them, if you guess which one it was I'll reward you with 1 epeen point).

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 4