Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I also hate it when others say that the fanbase is the worst scum ever to grace the planet and it has ruined their liking of the show... Yet they're still a part of a fanbase like Sonic's. Da fak?

I will NEVER understand that either. Yes, every fanbase has some annoying people that will bug the shit out of non-fans, but I am so not kidding when I say the brony community is the best fanbase I've ever partaken in. This is coming from someone who has spent over half of his life on the internet.

Pony personality test it says I'm most like Fluttershy but somehow Rainbow Dash (the polar opposite personality) is a close 2nd ._. i guess I'm most like Luna though, we have the same personality type.

I hate it when people just think this a fad. If there is a fanbase that constantly produces original songs, artwork, stories, charities and conventions at a rate that would make even Sonic and RD feel jealous then I really doubt that it's just a mere fad that will just disappear overnight (regardless of it having exploded overnight) and be thought of as that weird trend we used to blindly follow. The differences between the ones who truly like this show for what it is, and the ones who just do it to look cool or funny (and utterly fail at it) are quite apparent, those who really are fans will stay to chat, discuss, share works and pony on while those who just see it as a fad will unnoticeably just fade into obscurity... Of course there's also those who simply become uninterested for whatever reason and that's fine. Just remember that there are still fics, art and other stuff still being produced by fanbases of long finished shows like DBZ. I also hate it when others say that the fanbase is the worst scum ever to grace the planet and it has ruined their liking of the show... Yet they're still a part of a fanbase like Sonic's. Da fak? I don't know, it's just that personally I find the notion that fans of a media make you unable to like it to make that person seem really weak minded to me.

Well, it's not a fad. It's a great show, and it made My Little Pony actual manageable to watch.

About us liking the show, and calling us scums, should that reflect on our reputation? No. Some people need to learn that it isn't fair to judge someone for who they like, but judge them for who they are. So what if I like MLP, does that even matter? Nope.

Hell, someone could like the kidiest of shows, but can still be an awesome guy to be around.

Oh, and screw the haters, and those who think MLP:FiM killed manhood.

EDIT: I took the quiz, and got my result:

Pinkie.png

I'll gladly take the cute and adorable Pinkie, thank you very much. :D

Edited by Sparklefur Fox

Personality test gave me...

post-3794-0-42308700-1343955744_thumb.jp

Took the same one, and got the same XD:

25fh8nr.jpg

The important thing today is I'm least like Fluttershy, <3 *bazooka'd*

• Thumbs Up 2

Do you like Rooster Teeth? Do you like Skyrim? Do you like ponies? Then like this video.

• Thumbs Up 4

I can relate to most of the mane six, but only their negative traits:

I'm skeptical(Twilight Sparkle)

I'm paranoid(Pinkamena)

I'm arrogant(Rainbow Dash)

I'm selfish(Rarity)

and I'm shy(Applejack)

futuramafry.jpg I see what you did there...

Have you guys heard about this: Newbie Artist Training Grounds II: Day 1

I think I'm actually going to try and keep up with this. Especially since I have to rely on my computer to even attempt anything besides stick figures. I've always wanted to become somewhat good at actually drawling ponies and I guess what better time to start than now.

Idle stance:

ponyday1.jpg

ponyday1.jpg

Saying there's room for improvement would be a massive understatement XD. Though I will say that these are much better than my previous attempts. I'm just hoping I can improve a bit before this thing ends. Here's hoping for the best though.

P.S. In more important news, I just realized Tara Strong shares the same initials as Twilight Sparkle. 0_o

• Thumbs Up 4

I see a rather strange amount of people with 0% Fluttershy...

Here's mine fresh.

bMUVc.png

I'll have to take the personality test again... I've always looked at the "You are most like" banner whenever I completed it and never paid any mind to the results... I always wondered why I always got a different pony... wacko.png

Uh...da fuck? I took it again and this time I got Twilight.

1ny48y.jpg

Looks more or less the same as last time, if I recall correctly...just a bit more Twilightlicious. Well, a couple of the questions were kind of toss ups, so I guess I'm a combination of Twi and Fluttershy. Though I'm still surprised at how little I apparently resemble Pinkie. If I get in the mood, I can be a very silly, energetic pony person.

EDIT: For comparison, here is my old one:

fw55w3.jpg
Edited by Speederino

If you don't want to read what I have to say about the whole fanbase thing, don't click the spoiler.

Least the MLP fanbase isn't bad enough to commit suicide over something.

anyone ever read about the FIFA World Cup for 1950: Uruguay vs Brazil? The Brazilians were expecting to win, and when they lost 2-1, some fans had heart attacks and other fans actually jumped from the stands and committed suicide.

Edited by Enigmatus

If you don't want to read what I have to say about the whole fanbase thing, don't click the spoiler.

Least the MLP fanbase isn't bad enough to commit suicide over something.

anyone ever read about the FIFA World Cup for 1950: Uruguay vs Brazil? The Brazilians were expecting to win, and when they lost 2-1, some fans had heart attacks and other fans actually jumped from the stands and committed suicide.

I remember taking the pony personality quiz on the Hasbro website. It was so obvious which character each answer would lead to it might as well have asked are you Rarity...? right off the bat.

I remember taking the pony personality quiz on the Hasbro website. It was so obvious which character each answer would lead to it might as well have asked are you Rarity...? right off the bat.

Those kinda quizes always make me laugh, XD. For this case, I'm sure it's so the younger fans can easily identify with their favorites, but I've seen quite a few of these types with other things on the internet of course.

"If you could do one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?"

a. Work at the library and study!

b. Oh I don't know, maybe help the all the nice animals if that's ok

c. Pickin' apples and helpin' out ch'r family

d. Join like, the coolest team ever!

e. PARTY!

f. Impress fine ladies and gents with my sense of culture and fashion.

Man, I don't even know which one!

• Thumbs Up 3

Let's create FiM Hooligans LOL.

I hardly ever come to SSMB anymore, and when I do, it's only to check out the pony thread.

Is anyone else here doing National Pony Writing Month? This is my first year being involved, and it's been fun so far. I wrote the entire first chapter of my story yesterday, and I'm looking forward to writing at least part of the second chapter today. I've gotten a lot more confident in my writing ability since I was featured on EQD for my previous story, and I fully intend to out-do that story in every way with this new fic.

• Thumbs Up 2

That pic is amazing... Speaking of amazing...

eqd_training_grounds_2_1_pony_idling_by_pixelkitties-d59pisi.png

Click

I've spent the last 10 minutes thinking what is the best thing about this picture, but I just can't decide!. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 6

That pic is amazing... Speaking of amazing...

eqd_training_grounds_2_1_pony_idling_by_pixelkitties-d59pisi.png

Click

I've spent the last 10 minutes thinking what is the best thing about this picture, but I just can't decide!. laugh.png

I'm going to say the best thing is that batman logo with the muffin.

That map is probably the greatest thing that has ever happened for fic writers.

And ponies right next to Iron Man and shit, awesome.

Edit: Lyra and Bon Bon are absolutely priceless in that "Season 2" Poster.

Vinyl and Octavia are pretty funny too.

Edited by Pinkamina

Dang it! I'm writing a fic that takes place in LAS Pegasus because I thought that's what one of the writers clarified at one point. Well, I've come to far to change that now.

Love that map. Makes me wonder though, I always thought Equestria was the name of the planet, what is their planet called?

Also, Los Pegasus based on LA or Vegas? The Los is misleading. On this one fic I read which was pretty much the mane 6 inserted into that movie where those guys can remember what they did in Vegas, it's called Las Haygas.

Edited by Prince Solaris

Love that map. Makes me wonder though, I always thought Equestria was the name of the planet, what is their planet called?

planet-of-the-apes-ending.jpg

That's Octavia in the corner there.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 9