Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Gosh, it's times like these that make me regret the fact that I don't remember the exact day when I became a brony.

Same here, and I can't look through old posts cause I watched the show before joining SSMB. All i know is that its somewhere between June and August because I finished Season 1 before 2 starting airing and it was definitely in the summer.

You've all seen my initial reaction to this show's popularity comparing the fans to when Chris Chan made a MLP doll out of pubic hair. It was never a hatred just something for me to poke fun at...then I saw it and it like RD's reaction Daring Do. I prefer to call it my bronyversary mine was in late June, I'll check back a few hundred pages later.

My favorite thing from this fandom is the music followed by art. Fanfics are more accessible to me because of EqD's bad fic filter. I actually have an Idea for a crossover fic but I'm not sure whether to make 3 of the mane 6 the central characters or the CMC. I think the latter 3 have more potential for development. That and I've been getting tips on good fic writing but crossovers are more risky...

• Thumbs Up 2

For me it was... mid-May, very recent. But I already told that story several pages ago. I seem to be much more of a casual fan, mainly into the show itself and the art really. I love how expressive everyone is in the show, it's so easy to engage with.

And my god KingSpartaX37's remixes are so good, White Park Act 2/Smile Smile Smile, His World/Love in Bloom, and my perennial favourite Rarity/Hydrocity (still listening to this a lot, yes) are just so good.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 4

For me it was... mid-May, very recent. But I already told that story several pages ago. I seem to be much more of a casual fan, mainly into the show itself and the art really. I love how expressive everyone is in the show, it's so easy to engage with.

And my god KingSpartaX37's remixes are so good, White Park Act 2/Smile Smile Smile, His World/Love in Bloom, and my perennial favourite Rarity/Hydrocity (still listening to this a lot, yes) are just so good.

This.

It's actually got to the point where, when I play Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I expect Act 2 to have the "Becoming Popular" segment and get really disappointed when it doesn't :/

Additionally, I'm not mega fond of Love in Bloom. I mean I still enjoy it enough, it's just not a favourite of mine like Becoming Popular or Smile Smile Smile, but it goes with Solaris Phase 2 SO WELL.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 4

You've all seen my initial reaction to this show's popularity comparing the fans to when Chris Chan made a MLP doll out of pubic hair. It was never a hatred just something for me to poke fun at...then I saw it and it like RD's reaction Daring Do. I prefer to call it my bronyversary mine was in late June, I'll check back a few hundred pages later.

Funny you should mention that fellow... He was the reason why I didn't want to like the show originally. There were times that I thought that if I didn't shape myself up, I could see myself becoming very much like him... We both expressed interests in making comics and getting a job in animation, we both daydreamed about our characters on the TV screen and making it big in the future, we both had the same interests, we both lived with our parents and were not dating anyone... I didn't need another similarity to share with him, especially something that unusual.

Nowadays, ever since I became a Brony, I learned that I really should avoid looking at anything from or by Chris Chan in general... All it just did was hurt my already low self esteem, and Anti-Bronies have such a field day on his videos... What they say sickens me, and it's not because of my fanboy side.

But anyways... I can't say for sure when I became a brony... But I could find my first post praising the show and say that's my birthday if you give me a second...

Here it is!

'Eff it, I'm a fan.

Yes, I know I made a scene when I watched the first four episodes, and found it to be average. Though admittedly, and I'll be honest, I hate it when Fanbases gush over shows especially ones that received critical acclaim. And In the back of my mind, I was thinking of the fans... So yeah, that kinda muddled my impression of the show. However, after a while, I let it sink in and realized how well made it was. And that I shouldn't let fans affect my opinions.

So yeah, the show's awesome. Though I'm not really planning on getting any of the show's merch though. I get the feeling that this may be a sin amongst the fans, so I guess I can't say I'm really a Brony, lol.

You guys may have figured it out already though, since I would come in this topic at times... (more like everyday... tongue.png)

Okay, I didn't really make a scene. I just said, it's meh. A week past and it actually sunk in that I enjoyed it more than I thought.

Oh and the as for the merch? I have the mane six brushables, Spike and a Pinklestia. (Still need to get her painted.) So yeah. tongue.png

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 1

is a bitching song. :)

I don't want to be on the obsessed side. I just want a high quality show that I, and us Bronies and Pegasisters can enjoy.

Along with Regular Show and Adventure Time, this is a high quality show. :)

• Thumbs Up 5

I Watched the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic....and I liked it.

Jun 15 2011 11:18 PM

After a quick research in my status updates, I found out that I became a Brony on June 15th, 2011.

Too late for my brony birthday, though. Oh well, there is always next year.

Edit: Thanks for the tip, Speederino.

Edited by Azure Nald

Remember that fantastic game of Twilight vs Legs? Well someone has made a fanfiction about it, and it's...not terrible, but not good either. It's complete also, so don't expect any updates in story.

http://www.fimfictio...41497/Memories-

Unfortunately, there's no bottomless pit or any dismemberment in it, so that might turn you off from it.

Edited by Hank Hill

FAN-GAME TIME AGAIN! Today I bring you Mysterious Muffin Mercenary Mare. You play as Derpy as she hits Chrysalis with...exploding...muffins...

Wait a minute

THAT IDEA WAS STOLEN FROM THE FIC I MADE A FEW PAGES AGO!!! GOD DAMN IT PEOPLE DO NOT STEAL!!!

Here is an interview with The Living Tombstone while talking about fan music.

Edited by Applejack1973

You know those times when you get that sense of nostalgia for a cartoon that you used to watch as a kid?

And you go on youtube to check some clips, or maybe an episode?

...And you find ponies?

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh yes, definitely:

I think I posted these here once months and months ago, but it's relevant so whatever.

• Thumbs Up 2

bmn sure has a nice avatar...

Watchu talkin' bout?

*Checks bmn's profile*

... And yet another soul is ours.

• Thumbs Up 4