Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

*BUH SUM APPLES*

That...

That...

Hory...

I'm speechless! So much awesome stuff!

I mean, there is so many details in the season 2 picture alone! Like AppleBloom wearing Luna's torc/necklace thingy, WIldfire, AJ doing the "I didn't learn anything" trot...Vinyl and Tavi got me laughing for almost a minute...

Just... WOW!

inb4someone complains about the Ponyville/Manehatten distance.

Edited by gato

Okay, I HAVE to own that Chaos is Magic poster. The combined awesome of Discord and Iron Will MUST grace my wall!

Iron Will is kind of a weird addition to that Chaos poster, he doesn't even display any significant antagonism.

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy crap, awesome posters and a map of Equestria!! ^0^ Love all the little details in the posters, for example notice how Future Twilight is looking nervously at Doctor Hooves! And Discord's got swag, I'm loving it. XD

But it begs the question...will they release these overseas? ;__;

Since we have an official map of Equestria, hopefully the Mane 6 travel to places other than Ponyville and Canterlot. I'm all for some more world building and I definitely wanna see Fillydelphia.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just to record my process as a Brony, I'm going to quickly review two episodes I saw today.

The first, is Baby Cakes. This episode was alright. Seeing the babies mess with Pinkie's head was silly and entertaining, and while it was predictable that Pinkie will be break down, it still was sad to see her cry. I feel bad for her every time I see it.

The next, is Family Apperication day. This is the better of the two. I liked how they showed more of Granny Smith is usual, and told the back story of how Ponyville came to be. The ways Apple Bloom was trying to stop Granny Smith from going to FAD (get it?) were quite funny. My favorite was when Apple Bloom and the others were trying to use Granny Smith as a puppet. I found that to be a standout moment. Those rainbow apples make me think of Rainbow Dash whenever I see it. Those look like her type of apples, don't they? :3

About the posters, if I could get one of Twilight Sparkle, or a whole group of the Mane 6, I would gladly take it. If I can, that is. :3

Chapter 2 of the Last Story is up!

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/33190/Through-The-Crack

In this chapter, the ponies use the Elements of Harmony on Discord. However, they don't work on him as, after the last time he was imprisoned in stone, his body developed immunity to them. After Discord kid(pony)naps Celestia, the Mane 6, Sonic, Tails, Eggman, and the Doctor come up with only one solution to this problem: the Chaos Emeralds.

Didn't take me very long to write this chapter... compared to my other chapters. Then again, it has less words so whatever. As always, hope you guys enjoy!

Do you guys have any personal favorite background ponies btw? Like of course there's the big popular ones like Lyra and Derpy, but any of those less-so ones?

For some reason I really like Rose and Nurse Redheart a lot. Can't really put my finger on why, but their looks and small actions make them irresistible, haha.

Do you guys have any personal favorite background ponies btw? Like of course there's the big popular ones like Lyra and Derpy, but any of those less-so ones?

For some reason I really like Rose and Nurse Redheart a lot. Can't really put my finger on why, but their looks and small actions make them irresistible, haha.

• Thumbs Up 3

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 2

Personally I've always liked the design of Colgate

colgate_by_lkittytaill-d3g87ir.png

now with more BRUSHIE BRUSHIE BRUSHIE!

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm like super obsessed with Derpy right now, I just find her mannerisms and general desin to be adorable.

My favorite is Lyra, because when the animators put her in an episode they make it even more obvious and attention getting than when they do it with Derpy. Particularly when they keep making her do this:

876__safe_animated_lyra_happy_artist-sirponylancelot_i-found-pills_irrational-exuberance_and-ate-them_so-happy.gif

(I don't count Derpy as a BG Pony anymore post-Last Roundup).

Also:

66353__safe_rainbow-dash_blushing_artist-johnjoseco_tea-party.jpg

Linky.

Twilight: "Let’s get you out of here Rainbow….."

Rainbow Dash: "DON’T YOU GET IT? DO YOU SEE THE HAT? I AM MRS.NEZBIT!!! BUHAHAHHAHA"

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 8

30avxfs.png

I like Carrot Top a lot. She's normal. Unassuming. Never is the center of attention or has her own adventures. Probably wants to go on some, herself. Kinda reminds me of someone else:

29w38de.png

^ Harrison from Nedroid, who pretty much plays the same role and gets a lot of hilarious abuse for it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh poor little Spike. They just don't understand.

85103%20-%20absurd_res%20Angel_Bunny%20applejack%20avgn%20Batman%20celestia%20comic%20daisy%20doug_walker%20facepalm%20flower_trio%20fluttershy%20Hubble%20human%20james_rolfe%20lily%20Nostalgia_critic%20rarity%20reaction_face%20rose%20roseluck%20spike%20tgwtg%20the_horror%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

Love how Alfred doesn't even give a shit.

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lyra is probably the worst background pony I have ever seen and shouldn't have ever been created.

*incredibllyobviousjokeisobvious*

Here's my list. This is based purely on fanon, everyone so bear with me... And yes, I do like the more popular ones, mostly because they have an interesting stuff about them made by fans.

Lyra: I love the fanworks where she's obsessed with humans, sea ponies and other myths... Mostly because I share a fascination with unsolved/paranormal mysteries.

Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon-3: I like her mostly for her design, and I do enjoy anything with her and my favorite fanon personality is basically a loudmouthed geeky tomboy.

Octavia: Again mostly for design and fanworks, often as a snobbish character with a softer side to her. I'm not too crazy about Vinyl and Octavia as a romantic couple, but I love fanworks with them as friends.

Bon Bon: On the other message board I go to, I feel like an outcast when I say I don't mind Lyra and Bon Bon being a couple considering it's very hated from what I've seen. I'm not really much of a shipper, but it's an interesting Idea to play with, having a married/dating couple as characters. I like to think of Bon Bon as sort of the level headed of the two, which is how she's often portrayed in fanon.

Derpy: I dunno, I just jumped the band wagon I guess when Derpy became popular. I like to think of her as a Goofy or Steve Urkel type character, well meaning, but dangerously clumsy, not stupid, but naive. I used to have a distaste towards the "Derpy as a mother" fanon but after drawing comparisons to the "Goofy as a father" introduced in the cartoon "Goof Troop" and in "A Goofy Movie" (Both of which bring back nostalgic memories,)It actually doesn't bother me much anymore and I for one welcome all Derpy and Dinky fanon.

Some honorable mentions go to...

Colgate (Pony Dentist... Dunno if that's awesome or frightening.)

Berry Punch (Lol, drunken pony.)

So yes, I do like the ponies I listed... So much in fact, I'm actually in the process of making a comic series starring them. I'll also throw in Dr Whooves in the mix just for the heck of it, but I'll be trying something a little different from what everyone's used to... Just a little experimentation for me. tongue.png

Can't say I really have any obscure favorites... At least none that come to mind. *shrugs*

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Colgate/Minuette is so cute, I think it's the different blues that really work. I'm keen on Carrot Top for the same reasons as Sean and I like Junebug as well (the one who says "No problem" when Twilight tells spike off in Secret Of My Excess), but can't adequately pin on why other than I like the design.

Bon Bon is a bitch though :P

Edited by Semi-colon e

Fleur too.

I hope to see more of Fleur in Season 3.

Crystal Empire has a crystal Eiffel Tower so she might be a Crystal Pony.

Look at the map again.

90t1e9.jpg

Edited by Applejack1973

I have to say the teacher one. The dark pink design wins me over.

Not to mention, she reminds me of my 5th Grade teacher :)

20964+-+Lyra+Octavia.png

I'd have to say my favorite is Lyra, she is full of funny background events and seems to be a pony living her own adventures outside of the show like ending up in Cloudsdale to watch the second (documented) Rainboom or being a bridesmaid for Cadence...

Besides, she is so expressive...

super_happy_lyra_by_moonbrony-d4rh5hv.png

I never get tired of that face...

The fanon she has it's hilarious too and to top it all of she is green (or a shade of it)! Which we all know is best color.

EDIT: Nobody loves Zoidberg Caramel...

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 5