Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Im more into music and comics. Music moreso because its something that can cover wide ranges of genres and styles and its cool to see what kind of things they can come up with.

• Thumbs Up 3

There's still not too many fanfics I find myself keeping (though I am still looking) and good fanart makes me hate my inability to draw. I fucking love music and it's not everyday you find a fanbase that specializes in it. So the fan music gets my vote.

• Thumbs Up 2

Of all the fanbases to make music, why is it that it's this fanbase that's so musical and why is it that it's so popular? (I don't mean that in a negative way, just so you know.)

On the brony forum I go to, a ton of the members happen to be DJs and music enthusiasts. Does it have anything to do with the show being sort of a musical? Cause of all the dedicated fanbases, it seems My Little Pony is the one I can think of that is a musical... but it's interesting, because the show has a tendency to avoid more modern sounding music, such as techno and metal (Which is what the majority of the fanbase seems to enjoy the most) and rock's been used only few times if I recall.

The reason I ask this is because it's something that's been gnawing at me for a while. I really don't have a musical bone in my body, (In fact, I only listen to music if I want some inspiration for anything... Which is quite a bit.) so I'm very curious as to know how it's one of the most done community.

That and it'll really help with a project I'm working on. biggrin.png

*notashamelessplugwhatsoever.*

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Of course, I could be asking the same things about other fanon I don't like, such as Derpy and Dinky being mother and daughter, Tyrant/Mean Trollestia, or Shipping in general.
But I still can't see the appeal in Dr Whooves, guys, sorry! His fanon personality is just incredibly lazy for me
Meh, seriously though, of all the fanworks in the community, I care least about the fan music and remixes, really.

What%2520is%2520THIS.png

WHY U HATE ALL THINGS?

:P

• Thumbs Up 4

What%2520is%2520THIS.png

WHY U HATE ALL THINGS?

I guess I'm just hipster when it comes to ponies and the fanbase. Go figure. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually can't say I'm particularly big on 'brony music' as a whole either. Not looking to offend anyone of course, I'm fully aware that there are people here who enjoy it and even make it. It's just not my cup of tea. Well, mostly. I like remixes. In fact, I tend to love a lot of those.

It's the original stuff that I typically don't care for much. There's certainly some good tracks out there, but some of it is just...well, pathetic. In a way, it's kind of like fanfiction for me. A lot of it is forgettable or downright awful, but there is still some *really* good stuff out there if you know where to look.

• Thumbs Up 4

I actually can't say I'm particularly big on 'brony music' as a whole either. Not looking to offend anyone of course, I'm fully aware that there are people here who enjoy it and even make it. It's just not my cup of tea. Well, mostly. I like remixes. In fact, I tend to love a lot of those.

It's the original stuff that I typically don't care for much. There's certainly some good tracks out there, but some of it is just...well, pathetic. In a way, it's kind of like fanfiction for me. A lot of it is forgettable or downright awful, but there is still some *really* good stuff out there if you know where to look.

This I agree with. I downloaded the post-Season 2 music archive, which was 3 times as large as the one I had gotten right before S2 started (5 GB vs. 15 GB). I was hoping for all of the remixes of S2 songs like we got with S1, but a lot of it (outside a few artist's stuff which is consistently good) was original pieces which seem to only be Pony-related for the sake of views. That isn't to say that there aren't some gems, because

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPfMb50dsOk, but I really miss a lot of the artists and song creation ideals of the Season One era.

Similar boat except, reversed. I never liked the most remixes, due to me always preferring original, and is a majority of it being repetitive techno... which I hate with a passion. DAMN YOU TECHNO!!!!

Though to be fair, I think I'm being a little too judgmental towards remixes... I do have a soft spot for chiptune, due to it sounding like games I grew up with and some orchestral remixes, but other than that, Remixes are boring to me due to being rehashes of original songs. (Which I am aware that's the intention but, meh.)

I'M SORRY IT'S NOT LIKE I TRY OR WANT TO BE A HIPSTER OKAY?! GOD LEAVE ME ALONE! ;_;

I like both kinds, but I actually prefer the original stuff over the remixes for the most part, since there's only so many versions of Hush Now, Quiet Now and At the Gala I can listen to all at once. Compared to my twenty or so downloaded remixes, I have more than double the amount of original songs. I know that it gets to be problem whenever it feels like an artist just slaps "pony" on it without it seeming related otherwise, but I've found a huge amount of songs that I feel have some substantial connection to the show or fanbase, and some of the lyrical ones get pretty creative.

• Thumbs Up 3

This sums up pretty much how I feel about the music. I'm not really a big fan of original fan music, granted, some can be good and I've heard quite a few, but I much prefer remixes. I like hearing people put their own spin on the show's songs, or even mashing them up with other songs. That's one of the main reasons I love pretty much all of KingSpartaX37's work.

The thing I really can't get into in this (or in pretty much any) fandom is fanfiction. I definitely see the appeal and I actually want to start reading, but I don't have the "drive" I guess. I know pretty much everyone in this thread reads it and loves it, but there's something that puts me off. I don't know what, but its there. Oh well.

In other news, when I came home from work today, this was sitting on the floor.

y7UQyl.jpg

Apparently my mom bought it for my niece, but I think I might color it all before she gets it. tongue.png

Oh yay, music talk.

Just personally, the music side of the fan base is actually the largest in my heart honestly, and to the point that I want to help contribute. It's funny, because despite the sea of remixes and original pony songs out there, I can safely say I only bothered to download 25 so far that I found myself liking enough to go back to. Out of these 25, I gotta say it's some of the best stuff I've heard out of a fanbase, and it's really inspiring to me as an artist, and it's a way for me to express my love for pony shit, <3.

On the topic of the genres used, you kinda have to think of perspective I guess. Electronic music is generally the most you'll find out of remixes in, well, any community on the internet because honestly, anyone can do it. If you can download things off the internet, you can download a cracked version of FL Studio and go to town if you wish, and many do (obviously). The trick with it is finding the good ones, which is like any process really. "Weeding" through fanfics to find the best stories, reaching page 173 in an art search for "Rainbow Dash," and clicking the endless side links of Youtube videos for that one brony song that sticks to you.

Where was I going with this? I hate when I pull away mid post for like a half hour. Anyways, as far as genre goes, I tend to like it when it feels suiting I guess. Like I don't seem to like dubstep Rarity, or metal Fluttershy songs XD. I like epic rock oriented Rainbow Dash stuffs, heavy dance electronic music for Pinkie Pie, sweet sounding acoustics for Derpy, and so forth. Not saying I'm limited to this, it's just so far as a pattern, I find them my favorites.

• Thumbs Up 4

I might have to start getting into the music, I mean I like the songs in the show, it's just the remixes don't do much for me. Hmm, I might have to rethink my life then.

About the music remixes, I love them. However, the fan art takes me by a mile. The show is very artistic already, but the fan art is fantastic. Assuming it isn't on the creepy scale. I think you know what I'm referring to. ^_^

My favorite has to be the one with Fluttershy next to a flower talking about peace.

Seeing it in Ballad of the Brony made me tear. It was so amazing, that I tested with happiness. :)

I don't care for PMV, fan music and Youtube poop but I respect Mandopony and The Living Tombstone.

I'm more obsessed with FiM fan fics, fan art and comics.

In other news, when I came home from work today, this was sitting on the floor.

But I want it now.

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I don't really care about fan music, even though, sometimes, you can find some exquisite gems. I kind of liked "Super Ponybeat - Discord", for example. I am more interested in fan arts and fan comics. I don't have enough patience to read an entire fan fic. Last one I read ( and I still have two chapters to go) was " On a Cross and Arrow".

Speaking of music, I still can't get "Gipsy Bard" out of my head. Damn.

Looking back nearly one year with my first step as a Brony now that we talked about Brony flashbacks.

My Ticket Master DVD.

29on12e.jpg

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 1

Avert thine eyes. There be shippin' in this spoiler:

don__t_mess_with_her_ii__vectored__by_rainbowplasma-d599ids.png

Linky.

don__t_mess_with_her__vectored__by_rainbowplasma-d58s7dr.png

Linky.

“and thats why daddy has a limp.”

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 3

Looking back nearly one year with my first step as a Brony now that we talked about Brony flashbacks.

Brony birthday? Brony birthday?

(EARLY) HAPPY BRONY BIRTHDAY!!!

Present present shoot I forgot a present! Uh...birthday's mean having fun with friends not getting lots of stuff?

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

Present present shoot I forgot a present! Uh...birthday's mean having fun with friends not getting lots of stuff?

He's a Brony. That's the best present.

tumblr_lzm2r0O2811r5g6vho1_500.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Gosh, it's times like these that make me regret the fact that I don't remember the exact day when I became a brony.

• Thumbs Up 4

Gosh, it's times like these that make me regret the fact that I don't remember the exact day when I became a brony.

I only remember watching Ballad of the Brony and listening to this gem:

That, and being nervous. It's only been like what, 3 or 4 days, but hey, it feels like a long time. :P

Speaking of Ballad of the Brony, I seriously can't find the remix that was used in the intro of it. It's probably in the credits somewhere, but I couldn't really make it out in there (unless I was just completely blind).