Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

Unleashed didn't actually let you turn around while in midair, even if it was possible to jump backwards. While this typically doesn't result in any noticable flaws, especially at Boost speeds, it's a real bitch of a pain when you're trying to Homing Attack something behind you and you end up shooting forwards instead - in all likelihood straight into a death pit. That's really not a problem you'd want to have in a low speed environment, especially considering HAing is really the only reliable means of attacking you have at jogging speeds.

Besides SA2 having some wierd acceleration problems every now and then I don't ever recall having a problem with it as far as low speeds are concerned.

Hm. I don't think I actually ever noticed that. I was actually referring to the acceleration thing, but I suppose I'll have to boot Unleashed back up to investigate.

Edited by TGaP Tornado

I don't think it has to do with a Sonic Adventure 3, at least for me it doesn't.

I would like to go back to Sonic Adventure type gameplay. Slower Sonic and platforming galore.

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked the Chao Garden...but I do agree with Diogenes with it taking up development time and money that could be used toward making more stages (although personally, I'd much rather sacrifice all of the Treasure Hunting and Mech Shooting stages for say, another 5 Sonic/Speed-Sections instead of the Chao Garden being scrapped as a whole)

Also, because I missed it the first time: did you just last post claim that playing through the same levels over and over gets stale... then praise Chao Gardens because it requires you to play the same levels over and over to grind for rings and Chaos Drives? Giving an incentive to replay levels doesn't make things any less repetitive, it just means having to grind to do anything with it.

Well forget that, I always used the "infinite Chaos Drive/Animal Glitch", instead of replaying Pyramid Cave another 10 times for that damn Skull Dog XD.

Anyway on topic (or well, what it USED to be when it started): Why do people want SA3? Well, as previously stated MANY times, some people are just blinded by nostalgia and probably remember SA1 and 2 being epic, that's it. Nothing more, and no proof of why it's so great. (casual-ish players I aschume). Meanwhile, there are players (like myself) who actually KNOW why they want SA3. With that said, the Adventure titles brought a type of 3-D Sonic Gameplay that I think remains the most true to the original "classics" than any other title in the series has achieved (save for Heroes, but that game had the Team-Changing gameplay and…not many people liked it)

With that said, the reason we want Sonic Adventure 3 is that we want that type of gameplay that Adventure started with and was improved further on in 2 (better/tighter physics, better design...although the later is a YourMilageMayVary thing...). It's not the namesake or story (although some want the story), it's the gameplay that we want a sequel of. Every day, I'm speed running Metal Harbor, or Green Forest, or City Escape (even though the world record is friggin' impossible for me to get near) and I’m always constantly thinking, wouldn't it be great if we had another game that played like this?

Technically, Sonic 2006 would be considered a Spirtual Sucessor to the Adventure games. Unfortunately, horrid physics just make the gameplay painfully slow (probably done in order to mimick the classic's platforming emphesis over speed...but horribly executed). If you play a stage in SA2 skillfully, you can reach borderline Unleashed Speeds. In 2006 however, you can't do ANYTHING Sonic Team was too lazy and/or rushed to make a game with decent physics like SA2 or even SA1 had...which is why fans are still waiting for a true sequel, or sucessor at least.

I'm also a person who dislikes the BOOSTBOOSTBOOST gameplay (If you want a reason, insert anything Diogenes has said about it right here...), BUT... I'll wait until Gnereations until I make my final decision on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just thought they were popular games since on the other Sonic forums, there's a whole lot of Sonic Adventure threads. The SEGA forums has gotten about 20 SA3 threads whiten the last 3 months I believe. lol

Anyways, if there's enough people asking for one, the producers DID say there would be one. By the looks of it, it might come soon. (Because you know when Sonic fans get angry, there will be a closed space which can secretly destroy out world as you know it)

I just thought they were popular games since on the other Sonic forums, there's a whole lot of Sonic Adventure threads. The SEGA forums has gotten about 20 SA3 threads whiten the last 3 months I believe. lol

Anyways, if there's enough people asking for one, the producers DID say there would be one. By the looks of it, it might come soon. (Because you know when Sonic fans get angry, there will be a closed space which can secretly destroy out world as you know it)

We get so many of those threads that somone actually keeps track in his sig :P

Same reason others want it.

TO FIND OUT HOW THE DAMN MOON GOT BACK TO NORMAL.

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 4

In my humble opinion, Sonic 2006 should have been called Sonic Adventure 3 instead of just 'Sonic the Hedgehog'. Not only that, but it should have more development time prior to it's release so it shouldn't end up being a rushed game. That was the problem. If they took more time developing that game before releasing it, then it wouldn't be such a poor game and no one would complain about it. Rushed games like Sonic 2006 are why the "classic" Sonic fans complain about the new games, and that makes me sad. I like Sonic 2006, but I believe it would've been better if they didn't rush it.

• Thumbs Up 2

A lot of what is wrong with Sonic Adventure 3 Sonic '06 are issues with concept rather than lack of polish, though. I mean, it certaintly wouldn't have made the narrative much less cringeworthy, levels and environments would still largely be boring and featureless save for the out-of-place looking springs and boost pads, and a lot of the action would still consist of mashing the jump button until you Homing Attack everything to death, which is literally the most repetitive a Sonic game could've been beyond jacking up enemy health bars to even more ridiculous Sonic Heroes equivalents. I know effectively releasing an early beta of a game didn't really help much, but I still don't understand how people can insist on suggesting that '06 could've been salvaged by spending more time on it, when a lot of what was wrong with the game were specifically chosen design decisions rather than accidents, which halfassery only served to augment.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, considering that the first Sonic Adventure game was remade at least once (Sonic Adventure DX for the GameCube). It wouldn't be a surprise if they were to remake later Sonic games in the future and fix the bugs or whatever was wrong with them to make them better then they used to be.

Funny, because I heard they never fixed any of the bugs from the DC version of SA1.

And they only re-released that game because of a new console generation, and it was released again as a bundle pack for this gen's consoles.

Well, considering that the first Sonic Adventure game was remade at least once (Sonic Adventure DX for the GameCube).
And if nothing else, was made worse in the process. In fact, I can't think of many Sonic ports out there that even equal the game it originated from, much less surpass them. Suffice to say, if they ever actually decide to revist this train wreck of a game, they aren't going to be fixing the game's flaws, much less in the sheer magnitude that occured in the original - if anything, they're just going to screw things up even more and make the entire gaming community really annoyed that Sega even decided to re-acknowledge '06 as a game in the first place.

I'd also like to add that classifying SADX as a "remake" is being extremely generous, considering all that was really changed was a few textures and perhaps some models, then had some Gamegear ports and a "mission mode" shoehorned in that ultimately nobody even cared about .

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, if Sonic 06 was called SA3, I wonder how many people would still ask for S4, knowing Sega just messed up the Adventure titles and are to afraid for them to get anywhere near the "classic" titles.

Edited by ThatGuy

Naming Sonic 06 SA3 actually would've been more fuel for the fire, the smoking gun needed to place all of our hopes and dreams of franchise redemption on S4. The only thing that would've stopped people from asking for it is clear foresight of what Episode 1 would ultimately turn out to be.

Names of games are names of games. I don't know why people put so much weight on something just because of the fucking name or assume something is going to be good 'cause of the name.

Sonic Adventure could have been called Genre Roulette featuring Sonic the Hedgehog (a much more fitting title) and it wouldn't have changed the game or how much people enjoyed / disliked it.

Names don't mean fucking anything.

Edited by Chooch

Names of games are names of games. I don't know why people put so much weight on something just because of the fucking name or assume something is going to be good 'cause of the name.

Sonic Adventure could have been called Genre Roulette featuring Sonic the Hedgehog (a much more fitting title) and it wouldn't have change the game or how much people enjoyed / disliked it.

Names don't mean fucking anything.

Totally misread your post. Sorry there.

Edited by ThatGuy

Sa3? nah...

but a cool idea would be to port sonic generations to Wii U, and have a chao garden there. imagine the possibilities with the new controller...

I think people want a Sonic Adventure 3 because of how Sonic's gameplay style was. Everyone criticized the shooting and treasure hunting and fishing and robot-escaping, but many look back on the SA games as fantastic simply because of the speed platforming levels. In reality, they really weren't great products; there was just a great Sonic game stuck in with a thousand other less fun gameplay styles. I still love these games, but that's partially because I can just go straight to the Sonic levels now that I have beaten them! (Tails in SA1 is also fun to me, and I admit the SA1 Knuckles levels are fun every now and then. Both these guys are boring in SA2, though).

If we got an SA3 with only "Get to the goal" style levels, I'd be sold. But that doesn't mean we can't have more characters. I think Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles all play fine in platformers without diversions like emerald-hunting or mech shooting. Basically I'd love SA3 if it took the SA formula, stripped away the crap, and then polished the core platforming gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

In a way, something like Sonic Adventure 1+2 could almost be a spirtual Sonic 3 & Knuckles 3D since some things from Adventure are sorta similar to that.

I played the generations demo yesterday at the EB expo and I really don't see how they have improved the unleashed formula at all to be honest. The level is still boost/run in a straight line. stop. platforming. boost/run straight line. stop. platforming...etc

Sonic adventure 1 and 2 style had a perfect formula that enabled a seamless transition from running and platforming and a feeling of complete control.

Also, i noticed that when running in generations, the game actually made sonic run in the right direction of the 'wavy' boost part of green hill. Talk about 'on rails'

No one wants a game called sonic adventure 3, we want a game that has the same emotional input and magic of the first 2. Which is also why we want adventure 3 and not sonic 06 - 2.

Also, sonic has been a pansy lately and the games are too kiddy. sucks balls

This pretty much invalidated everything you had said beforehand.

• Thumbs Up 6

I played the generations demo yesterday at the EB expo and I really don't see how they have improved the unleashed formula at all to be honest. The level is still boost/run in a straight line. stop. platforming. boost/run straight line. stop. platforming...etc

Sonic adventure 1 and 2 style had a perfect formula that enabled a seamless transition from running and platforming and a feeling of complete control.

Also, i noticed that when running in generations, the game actually made sonic run in the right direction of the 'wavy' boost part of green hill. Talk about 'on rails'

No one wants a game called sonic adventure 3, we want a game that has the same emotional input and magic of the first 2. Which is also why we want adventure 3 and not sonic 06 - 2.

Go Look at Modern Sky Sanctuary.

I said this before, but saying Adventure Formula>Modern Formula is 100% NO. When I saw that stage.

That must explain why most actual transitions consist of springs and boostpads.

Over-generalizations like that work both ways, see.

No one wants a game called sonic adventure 3
Look man, if that's what you feel then I ain't about to disagree, but this thread would not exist if this mentality didn't. You simply can't go putting words in the entire fanbase's mouths like that, especially when there are so many fans that have asked for exactly a game called SA3.

This just in - kid's franchise viewed as "kiddy". Film at 11.
  • Thumbs Up 4

wow, you guys are really defensive about this.

This pretty much invalidated everything you had said beforehand.

You cant deny that sonic colours and unleashed were way more kiddy than the adventure 06 games.

Go Look at Modern Sky Sanctuary.

I said this before, but saying Adventure Formula>Modern Formula is 100% NO. When I saw that stage.

You're right, this stage looks good. And i really hope the others are like this. I still think this stage would be more fun with the adventure formula. My opinion obviously.

That must explain why most actual transitions consist of springs and boostpads.

Over-generalizations like that work both ways, see.

At least with boost pads and springs you still had control. And sonic felt like he was running rather than flying along the ground.

Look man, if that's what you feel then I ain't about to disagree, but this thread would not exist if this mentality didn't. You simply can't go putting words in the entire fanbase's mouths like that, especially when there are so many fans that have asked for exactly a game called SA3.

Find me one example or person that just wants a game called Sonic adventure 3, rather than the game design itself. and i'll agree with you. Also, of course this topic would still exist, it would just be shit. But i really didnt want to go into too much detail as people don't like reading massive posts.

This just in - kid's franchise viewed as "kiddy". Film at 11.

Adventure games were less kiddy. They were more teenager-like. It seems that they're going backwards.

Also, i really hope we dont get 'mario style' games with no story eventually. Mario games are so hard to get motivated for these days...