Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

The controls at higher speeds focus on moving forward, and makes it hard to make turns without the drift. In Adventure you could easily do this, so I'd say it's better. Controls at lower speed are fine in Generations.

Outside these forums? I know about all there is to know.

Then you would know that Sonic fans most certainly would not refrain from complaining if you gave them a game with a Chao Garden. I mean, geesh, aren't we notoriously unpleasable?

Changing the subject now, I believe the only reason genre roulette was even implemented in the first place was because they couldn't really figure out how to make some characters work in 3-D otherwise. It was well received the first time, so it returned in SA2 but in larger amounts and received polarized reactions. Sonic has been in 3-D for about twelve years now, so genre roulette shouldn't be necessary to make the other characters feel and play differently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't Iizuka go on record recently as stating that the only reason genre roulette existed was to pull in other demographics who may not have necessarily liked actual Sonic gameplay, not because they were (somehow) technologically duped by the idea of making everyone play the exact same? I think it's been kind of an unwritten fact for awhile that Big's gameplay was basically an advertisement for another game that came out around the same time, Sega Bass Fishing or something. That would make the most sense.

The controls at higher speeds focus on moving forward, and makes it hard to make turns without the drift. In Adventure you could easily do this, so I'd say it's better. Controls at lower speed are fine in Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Then you would know that Sonic fans most certainly would not refrain from complaining if you gave them a game with a Chao Garden. I mean, geesh, aren't we notoriously unpleasable?

Changing the subject now, I believe the only reason genre roulette was even implemented in the first place was because they couldn't really figure out how to make some characters work in 3-D otherwise. It was well received the first time, so it returned in SA2 but in larger amounts and received polarized reactions. Sonic has been in 3-D for about twelve years now, so genre roulette shouldn't be necessary to make the other characters feel and play differently.

The speeds in Generations and Adventure aren't really comparable, though. The only time you achieved speeds remotely similar were when you were in automated dash-panel sections, and those offered no controls at all.

The speeds in Generations and Adventure aren't really comparable, though. The only time you achieved speeds remotely similar were when you were in automated dash-panel sections, and those offered no controls at all.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lol, notoriously unpleasable, completely slipped my mind.

I sometimes feel like the only one who didn't mind alternate gameplay other than the fishing. I think people give it more crap than it deserves, it added something to the game so it wasn't just one gameplay style throughhout the game.

Edited by o T a iIi lL sS

Its not really that people absolutely hate the other playstyles. Its just that they were done so horribly wrong that they make it easy to hate them. Take the treasure hunting for example. SA1 did it good, then SA2 completely ruined it when they destroyed the radars and made hints completely irrelevant. Had they not done so, and made a few fixes to the mode, then maybe it wouldn't garner so much hate.

(It wouldn't change my stand on it though. I would hate it no matter what.)

This is true, but I don't see why it matters. I was still more in control in Adventure. If they have to slow down the speed to the way it was in the Adventure games to get that level of control, I'd be more than happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

God, will you people PLEASE leave Solkia alone?

Why does everyone here have to be so damned serious. Can't there be some FUN?

Edited by --Chris--

Why do all of you have to be strict dictator minded people who allow no fun at all and have to act like assholes constantly.

Woah bro, things have settled down. Don't get yourself on a hitlist.

Why do all of you have to be strict dictator minded people who allow no fun at all and have to act like assholes constantly.

Sheez, no one's arguing anymore. :I

Edited by T-Man

Sheez, no one's arguing anymore. :I

No offense. You're a cool guy, but this is the stupidest thing I've read all day.

As for "It's settled down" I was late to the party apparently. Regardless, why does this place have to be so harsh it's unwelcoming?

EDIT: And you edited your post. It originally said "He started it".

Edited by --Chris--

No offense. You're a cool guy, but this is the stupidest thing I've read all day.

As for "It's settled down" I was late to the party apparently. Regardless, why does this place have to be so harsh it's unwelcoming?

To be fair, i was being a dick.

Because the Adventure games happen to be very popular games. I personally don't care, I don't like the Adventure series to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 3

Because the Adventure games happen to be very popular games.

That's such a mathematician's answer that I actually, legitimately laughed.

laugh.png

Edited by TGaP Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

I could say so, but I think there's another reason behind it.

After S&K was released, Sega Technical Institute was developing Sonic X-Treme for the Saturn and was supposed to be released in 1996. But due to development hell, it was canceled, severely damaging Sonic's reputation. So, Sonic Team decided to go back to the drawing board and create an epic game with great characters and a good pace using multiple characters. They wanted Sonic to enter the 3D realm with a big BANG and be a legitimate contender to sell again, so Adventure was born. Adventure 2 kept that magic, and Next-Gen and Unleashed attempted both without success.

Personally, As much as I love Adventure/2, I'm very apathetic about Sonic Adventure 3. "SA3" is nothing more than a title. Sonic Heroes and Sonic Next-Gen could've easily been called Sonic Adventure 3 because they both share the same common characteristics with SA1 and SA2: the slower-paced gameplay, multiple characters with their own abilities, and photorealistic atmospheres. The only reason they weren't titled "Sonic Adventure *insert number*" is due to attracting wider crowds. Heroes attracts a more casual crowd, whereas SNG tries to celebrate Sonic's fifteenth anniversary for the whole fandom. For all I care, just give me a great game, and I'll be all smiles. smile.png

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think Sonic Adventure was actually in development a bit before Sonic X-Treme collapsed on itself. I recall reading somewhere that that was what the whole NiGHTS engine fracas was about.

I think Sonic Adventure was actually in development a bit before Sonic X-Treme collapsed on itself. I recall reading somewhere that that was what the whole NiGHTS engine fracas was about.

Development of Sonic Adventure began around April 1997 with a development team of 30 members. Then Sega employee Yuji Naka had been unhappy with prior treatment of Sonic, especially in the Sega Saturn racing game Sonic R. After several titles for the Mega Drive, he worked mainly on the game Nights into Dreams.... However, learning of the Dreamcast brought him a renewed interest in creating Sonic games. The development team focused on graphics and high resolution for this game, with Naka reflecting that "[w]e have pushed the Dreamcast as far as we can at present".

From the Sonic Adventure wikipedia page.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Changing the subject now, I believe the only reason genre roulette was even implemented in the first place was because they couldn't really figure out how to make some characters work in 3-D otherwise.