Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

So because Sonic jokes about Eggman for a few scenes, it makes him a terrible villain? What kind of logic?

I couldn't take Eggman seriously at all because the writers treat him like a joke. And he jokes about him in every scene.

He never said that, stop trying to put words in his mouth.

He said Colors broke the tradition of the franchise aiming for everyone as if this has never been done before, so why the hell are we ripping Colors for its childish nature and not ShTH, specifically why aren't you ripping on that game?

Eggman isn't threatening anymore. And they make him out to be one of the worst villains ever.

Im sorry but, are you serious? He would have damn well been able to conquer the world if that robot arm didn't punctured one of the energy syphon things.

I couldn't take Eggman seriously at all because the writers treat him like a joke. And he jokes about him in every scene.

Because god forbid the witty, sarky hero poke fun at the Villian.

"Hey look, it's a giant talking egg"

"Looks like you turned into a big time villain doctor"

"Lets crack that Eggman wide open"

Why are people acting as if Sonic Colors was the first time Sonic joked on Eggman? It isn't anything new.

EDIT: To be fair, these jokes are as bad as the ones in Colors, but at least they aren't in EVERY SCENE.

....Which Sonic has been doing since the series went 3D. So once again, why is it now that its suddenly taboo for Sonic to crack jokes on Eggman, when no one ever said anything about it before? And it should be noted that Sonic is the only the one who isn't taking Eggman serious, which is nothing new.

This is my last post on the subject due to Carbo's warning, after this I'm dropping it.

That was not exactly the point. I mean, you said every family starts with children. You are not a child anymore, so not every family has little children. there are teenagers and adults as well.

Im sorry but, are you serious? He would have damn well been able to conquer the world if that robot arm didn't punctured one of the energy syphon things.

Because god forbid the witty, sarky hero poke fun at the Villian.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look at Kirby's Epic Yarn, that's a game that's inteded for children, like Colors. It's a Nice, cute game, but it's not going to hold older players attention for too long like Zelda or Mario Galaxy.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic and Tails just waltz thru his entire themepark like nothing and they treat it like a vacation. Nothing interesting ever happens.

Did anyone here even pay attention to what Carbo just said?

Seriously guys...get fucking civil....thats totally uncool to just disregard something that a MOD just spoke about cause "You Mad".

• Thumbs Up 5

Hoo boy, I wanted this thread to last to at least 50 pages, but at this rate, the topic will get locked or something way before then.

Never would've thought that Sonic Adventure 3 could create such a controversial topic on SSMB.

Did anyone here even pay attention to what Carbo just said?

Seriously guys...get fucking civil....thats totally uncool to just disregard something that a MOD just spoke about cause "You Mad".

Yeah I've raged enough.

You know we can't even bring up anything in this topic without someone either going:

"BAWWW Adventure is better because its Darker and Colors is bad because its kiddy"

or

"BaWWWW Adventure is Bad because Sawnik is blue hedgehog who can't be srs".

When are people going to realize it doesn't fucking matter what the game is called, or what the tone is, or if its gay or straight. its the fucking quality that matters.

The game could be called "Sonic's Super Sexy Fun Time" and it still wouldn't matter as long as the game is good.

The game could be called "Sonic's Super Sexy Fun Time" and it still wouldn't matter as long as the game is good.

Make it happen Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 1

He said Colors broke the tradition of the franchise aiming for everyone as if this has never been done before, so why the hell are we ripping Colors for its childish nature and not ShTH

• Thumbs Up 1

Video games are more than gameplay. They're an art form. The quality of everything matters and has a lasting impression on the player. If they're going to put in a lot of cutscenes they should make sure the story is entertaining.

I'm going to make this exceptionally clear.

Sonic Adventure 1 and Sonic Adventure 2's plots are NOT good. As narratives they are flimsy with horribly shit dialogue. Yes, they both had interesting ideas, but were executed extremely poorly. Stop putting those plots on some kind of pedestal, claiming they were the pinacle of Sonic narratives, because Sonic 3 and Knuckles had a better story and it didn't have a single like of dialogue.

Simplicity =/= shallow

Complexity =/= depth

Colours' plot too was pretty flawed, being aimed squarely at children (mainly because SEGA and Sonic Team weren't expecting it to be so successful), with all the complexity being cut out. It felt, to me, as though many a cutscene had been cut out to keep things simple, one cutscene doesn't necessarily flow properly to the next, it felt disjointed as if something between had been removed.

The point I'm making, is that SA1/2's plots are not better than Colours, same for the opposite. The latter is a well executed, but terrible story, whilst the former are decent plots which were executed in the worst way physically possible.

Move on.

A plot on the same level as SA1/SA2 is most definately is NOT good enough. It needs to be way better than that pile of mediocrity.

• Thumbs Up 2

because Sonic 3 and Knuckles had a better story and it didn't have a single like of dialogue.

And because S3&K wasnt bogged down by by bad dialouge, dated graphics, akward animations, and bad voice acting.

SA1's plot, at its core is a good story. The history of the Chaos/Master Emerald, the revealing of Knuckles tribe, the origin of Chaos. its all very good stuff. The plot was not bad, it was how the plot was presented, I firmly believe that if SA1 was remade with today's technology (that and better writing), it would still hold up quite well

• Thumbs Up 5

So basically you're telling us to stop having an opinion?

I think this is for me, so I'll answer it.

No one said you can't voice your dislike for something, but people expect ST to bend their asses to their whim just because they have a little contention with something. Essentially, deal with it.

I think this is for me, so I'll answer it.

No one said you can't voice your dislike for something, but people expect ST to bend their asses to their whim just because they have a little contention with something. Essentially, deal with it.

No, it was for Scar who told people to stop putting the Adventures' stories on a pedestal under the implication that his opinion is the right one. In terms of the things I believe those games' narratives got right, I'll champion them as I damn well please. The retroactive backlash against the Adventures has gotten to the point where some individuals are beating some fair and sensible opinions down under the assumption that the games have no redeeming qualities, and it's getting a bit ridiculous and a major factor as to why this topic became shit a long time ago.

• Thumbs Up 4

No, it was for Scar who told people to stop putting the Adventures' stories on a pedestal under the implication that his opinion is the right one. In terms of the things I believe those games' narratives got right, I'll champion them as I damn well please. The retroactive backlash against the Adventures has gotten to the point where some individuals are beating some fair and sensible opinions down under the assumption that the games have no redeeming qualities, and it's getting a bit ridiculous and a major factor as to why this topic became shit a long time ago.

Ohhh. I think what Scar is sick of is people putting down everything and anything that doesn't have Sonic Adventure in its title, and treat it as its the only thing that will satisfy everybody. He also probably is trying to show that they aren't the god send that people make them out to be.

I have to agree with him, I like the Adventure games and all, but good god, you'd swear that they were the greatest games and that everything after them is crap according to how people treat them, and completely ignore the flaws they have too.

No one is saying you can't praise the Adventure games, but good god people act like nothing but another Sonic Adventure will ever be good again and aren't willing to accept anything less, not that there's anything wrong with that, but like I said the series shouldn't be held to the same standard all of the time.

No, that's no excuse. Being coherent is just one of the many things a good story needs. You can't just say that's all that's needed. Why do you think people are fighting over this. Because there isn't a good medium yet. We'll see if Generations story is good. I hope it's entertaining.