Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

At least with boost pads and springs you still had control.

...Not really.

Find me one example or person that just wants a game called Sonic adventure 3, rather than the game design itself. and i'll agree with you. Also, of course this topic would still exist, it would just be shit. But i really didnt want to go into too much detail as people don't like reading massive posts.

I guess the detail you didn't want to go into was clarifying that you meant that people don't want a game that's *JUST CALLED* Sonic Adventure 3 and want the game design aspects if they get the title?

Adventure games were less kiddy. They were more teenager-like. It seems that they're going backwards.

...Because people didn't like how dark Shadow and 06 were and people want simpler, more lighthearted plots?

Also, i really hope we dont get 'mario style' games with no story eventually. Mario games are so hard to get motivated for these days...

Because gameplay and level design don't make a platformer, story does, amirite? I don't think Sonic games shouldn't have any semblance of a story, but if they took out the story and made the gameplay better instead, I doubt I'd complain. Not that it's likely that they would take out the story anyway.

and people want simpler, more lighthearted plots?

No you want a simpler, more lighthearted plot. People want a plot that's actually interesting.

This just in - kid's franchise viewed as "kiddy". Film at 11.
Sonic was never a kiddy franchise. Sonic was intended for everyone just like Mario. The new games give the illusion that the games were always kiddy though, and that's really pissing me off.
  • Thumbs Up 2

No you want a simpler, more lighthearted plot. People want a plot that's actually interesting.

A simple, lighthearted plot CAN be interesting if it's written well. Colors Wii did that job half-well; Unleashed did a great job keeping it simple, yet fun, lighthearted, and engaging throughout.

Simple =/= lighthearted. Complex =/= serious. Complex =/= interesting. Simple =/= uninteresting. It's more about quality storytelling and characterization.

Adventure games were less kiddy. They were more teenager-like. It seems that they're going backwards.
Being "kiddy" =/= "going backwards." It's fun diving into a complex plot, but going too complex can lead to having many issues with plot progression. Adventure's plot wasn't extremely simple, but it was still easy to follow. Next Gen's plot failed because its complex plot wasn't thoroughly thought-out.

Besides, even if there may be a Sonic Adventure 3 someday, it doesn't mean it won't have a lighthearted plot like Colors or Unleashed. For what it's worth, its plot could be very lighthearted.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic was never a kiddy franchise. Sonic was intended for everyone just like Mario.
Read that sentence again and think about what the Mario series is like.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sonic was never a kiddy franchise. Sonic was intended for everyone just like Mario. The new games give the illusion that the games were always kiddy though, and that's really pissing me off.

Even if Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 were less kiddy than the more recent plots, they were still average plots at best. In fact, all things considered they were actually below average stories. Good ideas, but mediocre to shit execution.

Also, bolded part.

Punches a hole right through your own argument.

A simple, lighthearted plot CAN be interesting if it's written well. Colors Wii did that job half-well; Unleashed did a great job keeping it simple, yet fun, lighthearted, and engaging throughout.

What do you mean Colors did that half well? What half of Colors was written well? And I don't buy Unleashed being engaging. It was simple yes, not cringe worthy, but not very interesting at all to me.

I know, mario has cartoony creatures and all, but the games don't shove the idea that this is a kiddy franchise down your face, I guess due to there not being cutscenes with lame dialogue. A good example of a Mario game that uses lots of dialogue to appeal to everyone is Superstar saga. Colors was specifcially said to be aimed to appeal to children. Nintendo never said hey we made Mario 64 or Galaxy to appeal to children. No they always say they want it to appeal to all ages.

• Thumbs Up 1

What do you mean Colors did that half well? What half of Colors was written well? And I don't buy Unleashed being engaging. It was simple yes, not cringe worthy, but not very interesting at all to me.

And this right here is your problem, so what if you don't like it? That doesn't automatically make it bad.

I know, mario has cartoony creatures and all, but the games don't shove the idea that this is a kiddy franchise down your face, I guess due to there not being cutscenes with lame dialogue.

Dude, have you seen the backgrounds to Mario games?

61R6ZVBH7vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Are you telling me that this cover doesn't imply that Mario is kiddy in the slightest, and that's not even going into the recent stuff.

A good example of a Mario game that uses lots of dialogue to appeal to everyone is Superstar saga.

A game that uses Bean people, cross dressing, excessive jokes just like in Colors....but its not kiddy amirite? People like Superstar Saga because its a fun game, and the exact same reason people like Colors, you just still have your "Sonic Adventure is the best story ever" mentality going and aren't willing to accept anything less.

Colors was specifcially said to be aimed to appeal to children. Nintendo never said hey we made Mario 64 or Galaxy to appeal to children. No they always say they want it to appeal to all ages.

Dude , the entire universe Mario lives in should be a dead giveaway to what demographic it targets, Mario games are enjoyable because they're fun games to play, nobody cares about the story in a Mario game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, have you seen the backgrounds to Mario games?

61R6ZVBH7vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Are you telling me that this cover doesn't imply that Mario is kiddy in the slightest, and that's not even going into the recent stuff.

To be fair, that cover art was from the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon show, and not the actual game

Oh this topic....

Before any hardcore Adventure fan states any arguments about gameplay...go watch Modern Sky Sanctuary and Modern Seaside Hill.

Perhaps you will just shut up then and stare at a wall or something....trying to come up with some flawed logic in order to start another argument...but it will be in like 10 years or so.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't want to have to quote each and every one of you morons individually, so I'll lay it out for you plain and simple:

Sonic is aimed at kidz nowadayz TROLOLO

• Thumbs Up 9

It IS a kid's franchise, it just happens to be one that everyone(Including kids) likes, is what hes trying to say.

"The real truth of the matter is that Sonic was always and will always be aimed at all audiences, and not exclusively children"

This is what I was basically saying, and everytime I said it, you or dissident would either post a stupid picture of something that made mario looked kiddy to prove your point.

Jesus Christ, folks. Tomato, tomato: Children's entertainment and family entertainment generally run the same overlap because the latter works in question have to obviously appeal to the youngest denominator first. This argument is tired and pointless since everyone is roughly on the same keel. You're just arguing over semantics; this shouldn't be a sticking point to nail someone over.

Although, I can't believe I'm the only one who remembers when everyone got pissed when Simon Jeffrey said the same thing (Sonic is for kids) and angrily cursed his name and e-mailed him to force him to say that the franchise was for everyone because their pride had been broken. What happened between then and now?

• Thumbs Up 7

Even if Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 were less kiddy than the more recent plots, they were still average plots at best. In fact, all things considered they were actually below average stories. Good ideas, but mediocre to shit execution.

The execution may have been poor but these are early games we're talking about. They at least managed to tell the story so you could understand what was going on (unlike '06) and were pretty exciting (unlike Unleashed). We may have better acting and writing now, but there has yet to be a compelling plot to really put them to good use.

• Thumbs Up 2