Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

Even if I sound like I'm trying to "Shit" on everyone who wants SA3, my main argument was that it isn't really a good idea to trash everything Sonic Team have been working on and go back to something they aren't acustomed to anymore. (This Sonic Team aren't the ones who made the Adventure Formula and worked with it.)

But even I can tell just by looking in this topic the reason they want Sonic Adventure 3 isn't because of a name.

Pay attention to the thread you're posting in before saying stuff like that.

Why do you people have to be so damned stingy about everything? Relax a little. We're on a forum for Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do so many people hate the idea of SA3? Honestly, it'd be cool to have adventure fields, missions, chao and all the different playstyles in one game.

I don't know why this is such a horrid idea, because don't most of you guys want most of the stuff from the Adventure series back? Especially the different playable characters? I dunno, I didn't read the whole thread, just a few pages because I honestly don't feel like going through what probably is a massive "SA3 WOULD BE NO GOOD" VS "NU-UH SA3 WOULD BE THE JESUS CHRIST OF GAMING" debate that isn't different from any other thread I've read about this idea.

Not trying to offend anyone with that last bit, and it's an exaggeration. You guys are better than that. Right?

Edited by RedCap-BlueSpikes

Why do so many people hate the idea of SA3? Honestly, it'd be cool to have adventure fields, missions, chao and all the different playstyles in one game.

I don't know why this is such a horrid idea, because don't most of you guys want most of the stuff from the Adventure series back? Especially the different playable characters?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why this is such a horrid idea, because don't most of you guys want most of the stuff from the Adventure series back? Especially the different playable characters?

• Thumbs Up 1

They're scared of their fave flopping away.

It'd be good if they could sort of fuse the Unleashed formula with the Adventure formula.

I'd like to point you to this

It combines many of the same platforming elements while also keeping the boost and sense of speed. With that said, it's no perfect mix, but it takes elements from the Adventure games. No denying that.

I'd like to point you to this

It combines many of the same platforming elements while also keeping the boost and sense of speed. With that said, it's no perfect mix, but it takes elements from the Adventure games. No denying that.

Where did I say I'm not satisfied? I said that it doesn't resemble the Adventure games at all. Disrespectful.

Where did I say I'm not satisfied? I said that it doesn't resemble the Adventure games at all. Disrespectful.

I meant in terms of it being similar, not in terms of your preference. "Disrespectful"? How?

It really isn't similar. Having area's with platforming doesn't make it Adventure-esqu. Dream warrior.

SA3 is a name. That name encompasses everything in the 2 adventures and their flaws. A game that removes the SA1/2 flaws (the genre-roulette) is by principle, no longer an Adventure game.

Edited by RedCap-BlueSpikes

Generations is still not what I want. Controls at higher speeds are still not as good as Adventure's and platforming in 3D is, aside from a few sections, just sad.

If you want the Adventure style Sonic gameplay, then say that.

Edited by MarcelloF

...so? Is there something wrong with making 100% completion legitimately fun to achieve? It only appears that way because you've been deliberately ignoring most of my key arguments, and twisting others out of their actual context. Like right here. I was making a point about Chao Gardens having almost nothing to do with an actual Sonic game, let alone the game in question, and somehow that got twisted into Chao Gardens literally not being in the game? What exactly are you trying to pull here? If it's really that much trouble, then I'll reiterate it: Chao Gardens do not benefit the game it's attached to in the ways you seem to think it does. It requires you to grind levels over and over again just to be functional in any way, and this is not fun or rewarding no matter which way you spin it. It does not encourage exploration any more that an ordinary platforming game does - in fact, the Chao Gardens do not reward any kind of exploration at all, so I'm not sure where you're pulling that from. It does not encourage replay value that is in any way fun - it just prompts you to smash every bot along the way, grab all the drives you need and hope you don't bump into another one by accident to put your efforts way out of whack. It does not encourage you to replay levels you wouldn't originally - in fact, it decreases the levels you want to replay, because many of them have a sub-optimal chaos drive / animal rate that makes them less preferable over others as a chao raising expedition. It does not share the same genre as the rest of the game. It is not in any way linked to the rest of the game beyond boring and repetitive chaos drive gathering. The rest of the game does not benefit from it in any way it wouldn't of its own right. You are not in control of any aspect of the chao garden or its minigames beyond stats. I mean really, your entire argument essentially revolves around it offering replay value that could have been gathered from far easier, more relevant and infinetely more fun methods, so I fail to see why it should even be linked to a Sonic game at all when both of them would be much better as seperate games devoid of any link to each other. Most people know better than that. I refuse to believe a company should make stupid decisions because people have money, because they could easily make up a better userbase just by making a game that has less objective problems with it. It defeats the purpose of attaching one game to another if neither of them even interact with each other, by which point they might as well just sell them seperately. Based on sources you keep citing that "do not represent the entire fanbase"? And those are your words, by the way, in case you're thinking of refuting that. Either find yourself a reliable source to support this stance or stop shoving your words into everyone else's mouths. Including mine, apparently: So now we're devolving into strawman arguments. Fan-fuckin'-tastic.
Edited by Eastwood

Generations is still not what I want. Controls at lower speeds are still not as good as Adventure's and platforming in 3D is, aside from a few sections, just sad.

Never!

The controls at higher speeds focus on moving forward, and makes it hard to make turns without the drift. In Adventure you could easily do this, so I'd say it's better. Controls at lower speed are fine in Generations.

Edited by MarcelloF

@MarcelloF Fair enough I suppose, but I'm fine with the somewhat loose controls since the new moves (quick step, drift) help a bit. It's a cop out way and I hope they improve it, but it works IMO.