Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

People want SA3, because SA2 was superior to Sonic 1, 2 and 3. People want an excellent game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 9

Leave it to random power surges to completely wipe my post.

I'm not back pedaling I don't want gimmicks shoved in my face at every turn of the game, I want them to be small and almost non existent, what part of this don't you understand.

When I said "getting tired" I mean I don't want to use said gimmick for the entirety of the game, I never said I was against the gimmicks themselves, just how they were used. If those six games(Excluding Colors) used their gimmicks without being implemented badly, I wouldn't be complaining about them.

I completely understand what you're saying.

What you don't understand is my problem with the fact that your argument's been changing this entire time, partly as an effort to weasel Colors out of association with the other games I named. First you said gimmicks should not interfere with core gameplay, implying segregating them instead of integrating them was improper. I point out that this has only been the case with three games, and you proceed to state that Colors' gimmick was special in that was 100% optional. I press that, then you admit "well, it's mandatory, but not that mandatory!"

For Pete's sake, stick to a single stance.

You said the gimmicks of those six games wern't harmful to the designs, and I responded yes they were because of how they were use.

I never said that but rather the opposite, which unearths my suspicion that you're not comprehending my posts well. This whole time I've said that these games' gimmicks were integrated in the same manner as Colors' was but to varying degrees of success.

Yes you are platforming, but not in the tradional sense of the word.

You're doing it again. Now you mean "traditional platforming" instead of just regular ol' platforming like you originally established.

Our conversation is just getting ridiculous now. It's devolved into rigmarole based on semantics, and I despise semantics like you wouldn't believe. Ergo, I'm going to bow out gracefully and let you have the last word. Considering I've gotten you to agree on a few points, I think I've made my argument well enough anyway.

Where the hell did the treasure hunting stages have platforming?

You only need three things for platforming to exist in a game: level design composed of platforms, steps, walls, or other obstacles that can be overcome with a jumping mechanic, full control over your jumping mechanic, and subsequently the ability to mistime a jump and fall. Every Sonic game, even with alternate playstyles like treasure hunting, has had this in spades.

Edited by Nepenthe

People want SA3, because SA2 was superior to Sonic 1, 2 and 3. People want an excellent game.

• Thumbs Up 2

......Wait what?

Not-sure-if-serious+2.jpg

You are joking right?

@PPPP

Add more to your post you can get reported for Video only stuff like that. Just a heads up.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

youshouldn%27thavedonethat.jpg?1299953668

......Wait what?

Not-sure-if-serious+2.jpg

I mean that SA2 was the best Sonic game of all, so naturally people want a sequel to the game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I mean that SA2 was the best Sonic game of all, so naturally people want a sequel to the game.

Mind supporting your original post for us? This should be entertaining.

You mind explaining WHY Sa2 is the greatest thing ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

While you're at it darkknight why don't you explain how exactly is SA2 better then the classics? I assume you have a reason besides being nostalgic about it?

That's some dangerous talk, m'boy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the SA games, and all I have to say is this: lolno. Just...lolno.

• Thumbs Up 1

While you're at it darkknight why don't you explain how exactly is SA2 better then the classics? I assume you have a reason besides being nostalgic about it?

SA2 is the greatest Sonic game because:

It has the darkest and less childish story compared to all Sonic games, meaning that it has a wider audience compared to games like Sonic Colours which is mostly aimed at little kids.

It had a variety of characters with unique gameplay e.g. treasure hunting shooting and platforming.

It brought new characters (Rouge and Shadow) with the latter becoming the second most popular character in the Sonic games.

Robotnik had a good voice actor and looks like a REAL villain while in the classics, his character isn't emphasised. Post-SA2, Robotnik is a joke.

This game had a good and dark side compared to others which mostly had a good only side.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Leave it to random power surges to completely wipe my post.

I that too.

I'm not changing my argument, I admitted Colors wasn't 100% optional because you did bring up good points, I never FELT color was shoving its gimmick in my face like in the case of Shadow or Secret Rings or Black Knight.

Then you must have something personal against Colors, because I don't see what puts it on par with the likes of Black Knight or Secret Rings, despite doing so many things better than it.

Traditional, or Regular its the same shit, bottom line is you're not doing much of it compared to using the gimmick of the game.

I forgot what we were arguing about anyway, but yeah I'm kind of tired of this too. Let's just agree that whatever gimmick the games use, its implemented well and not shoved in our faces,

Alright for fucks sake enough with the image macro chains and pointless posts. I've already deleted one or two of them but seriously try to contain yourselves. We've had a shit ton of warnings about these things and if I see this stuff again I'm going to start laying down strikes.

It brought new characters (Rouge and Shadow) with the latter becoming the second most popular character in the Sonic games.

Yes and we all know how that turned out:

shadow_the_hedgehog_ngc.jpg

Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 2

It has the darkest and less childish story compared to all Sonic games, meaning that it has a wider audience compared to games like Sonic Colours which is mostly aimed at little kids.

It had a variety of characters with unique gameplay e.g. treasure hunting shooting and platforming.

Robotnik had a good voice actor and looks like a REAL villain while in the classics, his character isn't emphasised. Post-SA2, Robotnik is a joke.

This game had a good and dark side compared to others which mostly had a good only side.

1. Shadow the Hedgehog had the darkest story. It had fucking guns. Also, all Sonic games are aimed at Children as one of the main audiences.

2. Shadow is just considered cool by the kidlets because of his "I am BADARSE" personality. The Genesis games introduced new characters TOO you know. Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Metal Sonic, Mecha Sonic, etc.

3. Robotnik was never meant to be taken seriously. I also never took him serious in SA2 or at any point for that matter.

4. Who cares about dark and light side stories? After all, the gameplay was no different in any way. The exact same levels with slightly different tweaks here and there.

This doesn't make any sense.

Yes and we all know how that turned out:

shadow_the_hedgehog_ngc.jpg

Yep. I loved that game!

Best thing since SA2.

SA2 > StH > SA > Sonic 06 > SR > SH

....Arguably so was ShTH.

But two outta three of them were shit.

And also became the most controversial one (and you could also consider Rouge controversial.)

So spilliting the planet and imprisoning innocent aliens isn't evil? Also, lol at saying his voice is a credible argument.

I really don't see how it makes it 'the best.'

Edited by DarkLightDragon

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean that SA2 appealed to kids and teenagers while Colours main focus was kids.

Yep. I loved that game!

Best thing since SA2.

SA2 > StH > SA > Sonic 06 > SR > SH

Guys

....don't...pls...leave this poor soul alone. Lets just move on its his opinion.

Things are going to get way out of hand very fast and we are going to piss the Mods off. I already kinda made Carbo mad.

Edited by Voyant

I mean that SA2 appealed to kids and teenagers while Colours main focus was kids.

And yet Colors did so much better with the critics.

But two outta three of them were shit.

What? The shooting part was fun!

And also became the most controversial one (and you could also consider Rouge controversial.

What's wrong with that? It gives publicity to the Sonic games.

I really don't see how it makes it 'the best.'

I mean that for the 1st time, we get to play as the bad guys. Shows variety.

So, why oh why does it have to be dark to reach a wider audience? The only people I can see being turned off by the "childishness" of Colors are CoD-obsessed teenagers. Also, the dark tone was arguably not done well, and a lot of people don't think grimdark stories belong in a game about a cartoony blue hedgehog in the first place. So, yeah, YMMV.

But that isn't a good thing. Having genre roulette pretty much undermines the point of it being a Sonic game, as well as limits its appeal. You have to enjoy THREE different genres of games to fully enjoy a game that's supposed to be a PLATFORMER. And, objectively, that's not good. Perhaps it was MEANT to extend its appeal, but why would they expect people who don't like platformers to buy a platform game anyway?

Not everyone likes Rouge and Shadow, you know.

And a lot of people like it better that way.

So how does that make SA2 better than any other Sonic game.

Most of your points are subjective, and genre roulette was, objectively, a bad idea, even if you (like me) found the gameplay you got out of it to be good. I call BS, good sir.

• Thumbs Up 1