Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

I do however, hope that there is a Dreamcast version of Sonic voiced by...you know who...because I'm such a tool, that would get me off.

Why would they do that? The SA voices is not coming back. Also, do Ryan Drummond even do voice acting anymore?

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 3

I do however, hope that there is a Dreamcast version of Sonic voiced by...you know who...because I'm such a tool, that would get me off. I really hope to see a 2D version of Emerald Coast!

It's unlikely. If there was going to happen they would have revealed all 3 Sonics by now. Besides, there's not enough difference between Sonic from the Adventure games and Sonic now for it not to be really confusing.

Edited by Blue Blood

I believe it was once thought Classic Sonic would never return as well...

So what, there's a third Sonic out there to fill your fanboy dreams?

I believe it was once thought Classic Sonic would never return as well...

You're not the only one who've thought that. :P I had a feeling he was coming back as well. I've never voiced my opinion on it.

Characters and people are..very different. But okay, I'll admit there's a slim possibility.

Slimmer than a sheet of graphene, that is.

It seems to make sense that the only other Sonic there could be is the SA era Sonic...but he's pretty much the same as the modern Sonic, so that seems almost pointless...if they really wanted to pull something from franchise history...perhaps bring back good ol' NA Mohawk cartoon Sonic...it'll never happen, but his design is unique enough to be considered his own man if you ask me.

I wouldn't really consider that making Sonic 4 "fucked". Remember, they've only released Episode 1 and plan to make more in the future. If anything, this means that they'll know how to improve on the physics for the later Sonic 4 episodes.

Well, yeah, but if they make the physics in episode 2 just or not far from episode 1.. Er..I'd better not say what I would think about them. Lt's just hope that the episode 2 will be more along the line of generations, BUT with new levels. generations looks awesome, but I hope it's the last game so heavily based on nostalgia. I'm sure it's gonna be awesome, but..you got the idea.

So, after generations

- I want a new 2D game with NEW stuff

- I want a new 3D game with NEW stuff

Simple as that.

I agree with some above. The voice actors are different then...well the "character changes" Other videogames either went back to Classic looks like Pacman, or even Mario to play on a level that looks like his classic self. Recreating that image of the classic character is better in our eyes. Classic Sonic has that "hit" in our hearts more so then the SA actor. Yes he was awesome, but a voice can never replace in most of us, what that fat sonic meant to us.

Youtube comment:

0:40

Okay, this is gonna be shit.

Ah man, what if this is the next Unleashed? Y'know, where people only say half the game was good?

Sega can never win man. -_-"

Edited by Inferno

I dunno if anyone's posted this or not, so I'm posting it.

Overall: Eh. Aside from removing the homing attack, Classic Sonic's stuff basically just looks like Unleashed's stuff. He has the spindash, but because he's using Unleashed 2D physics, it's not a big deal. I also think I saw uncurling in that video I linked (how does that even function without the HA...). The level designs give me the impression that they're trying to ape the classic layouts which is admirable, but they don't look like they're quite there. I'll probably like it about as much as Unleashed, kinda fun, kinda flawed, kinda forgettable.

I'm certainly digging Classic Sonic's animations, almost rubber hose style. This game looks good if nothing else.

Y'know, where people only say half the game was good?

Sega can never win man. -_-"

Well then half of it will go in cool, the other half will go in un-cool of the cool wall.

coolwall.jpg

There we go problem and argument solved.

• Thumbs Up 2

Youtube comment:

0:40

Okay, this is gonna be shit.

...I don't get it... The part when they see C.Sonic walking on air?

Well then half of it will go in cool, the other half will go in un-cool of the cool wall.

coolwall.jpg

There we go problem and argument solved.

No, someone from Ireland has to take 06 home with them so it can be as far west as possible.

Also, "Generations"? If Classic Sonic dies due to the collapse of a foot bridge I'm going to be seriously pissed.

• Thumbs Up 1

...I don't get it... The part when they see C.Sonic walking on air?

They meant part where Modern Sonic's part begins.

Here's another thought...boss battles.

Not sure if people want Robotnik as a spoiler, better to be safe than sorry. ;D

Classic battles for Classic, Modern fights of the same machine (but Eggman of course) for Modern? For example, Ball n Chain as normal for Classic, but a chasing variant for Modern?

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, "Generations"? If Classic Sonic dies due to the collapse of a foot bridge I'm going to be seriously pissed.

But if Classic Sonic dies, then so does Modern Sonic! IT'D BE 06 ALL OVER AGAIN! :o

Not sure if people want Robotnik as a spoiler, better to be safe than sorry. ;D

As if any of the plot was actually revealed.

Edited by Black Spy

What if its another 06?

They'd have to try REALLY hard to make another 06. Like, they'd have to be hell bent on making the game as terrible as possible.

That brings up BAd memories.

What if its another 06?

That video has glaring issues that people were mentioning all the time throughout the development of the game. I'm pretty sure we knew '06 was full of all sorts of flaws prior to release, we just weren't quite prepared for the magnitude of them. This on the other hand seems free of such nightmares so far.

They'd have to try REALLY hard to make another 06. Like, they'd have to be hell bent on making the game as terrible as possible.

They didn't try the first time though.

That video has glaring issues that people were mentioning all the time throughout the development of the game. I'm pretty sure we knew '06 was full of all sorts of flaws prior to release, we just weren't quite prepared for the magnitude of them. This on the other hand seems free of such nightmares so far.

I guess.

Did anyone notice Modern Sonic phased through a tree in the interview footage?

ANOTHER SONIC '06 CONFIRMED RUN FOR THE HILLS