Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

It does go to show how much Sega has improved over the past five years though. To think that game was the best we could hope for at the time.

Overall: Eh. Aside from removing the homing attack, Classic Sonic's stuff basically just looks like Unleashed's stuff. He has the spindash, but because he's using Unleashed 2D physics, it's not a big deal. I also think I saw uncurling in that video I linked (how does that even function without the HA...). The level designs give me the impression that they're trying to ape the classic layouts which is admirable, but they don't look like they're quite there. I'll probably like it about as much as Unleashed, kinda fun, kinda flawed, kinda forgettable.

Surely you're not serious? The C.Sonic gameplay looks nothing like the Unleashed 2D gameplay. Physics-wise it's completely different.

• Thumbs Up 2

Surely you're not serious? The C.Sonic gameplay looks nothing like the Unleashed 2D gameplay. Physics-wise it's completely different.

It's a reasonable assumption someone could make if they only gave the video a cursory glance, and didn't really watch it all the way through. I've been telling people to watch the videos again all morning.

Holy mother, this looks AMAZING!! Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic, in the same game~ <333 Don't mess it up SEGA!

It's a reasonable assumption someone could make if they only gave the video a cursory glance, and didn't really watch it all the way through. I've been telling people to watch the videos again all morning.

I suppose. It's just a pretty harsh, and clearly inaccurate assumption to make before you watch the whole thing.

I love how everyone's all like, "Shut-up and take the money" and "I want this game now!" when, correct me if I'm wrong, those kind of commments is why 06' was rushed aside from getting a holiday release? ;)

I love how everyone's all like, "Shut-up and take the money" and "I want this game now!" when, correct me if I'm wrong, those kind of commments is why 06' was rushed aside from getting a holiday release? ;)

We're funny like that.

ya know what would be funny? Its almost the holiday season and you're waiting for a release date then "Game delayed till 2012" then we're all "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" then we calm down and appreciate they're developing it more.

No... the game was rushed because they were forced to meet a deadline.

Fan comments had nothing to do with it.

I suppose. It's just a pretty harsh, and clearly inaccurate assumption to make before you watch the whole thing.

Ssh! I'm trying to encourage him to go back and watch the videos again without directly suggesting to do so to him!

No... the game was rushed because they were forced to meet a deadline.

Fan comments had nothing to do with it.

Okay, then. I'm in no hurry to get this game, I just want them to do a good job. :)

Nah, the best part of Sonic 2006 was the debut trailer. You gotta admit, it's a well put together and hype-driving trailer.

But now that we know the game is utter crap, the hyping and spine chilling effect doesn't work anymore.

No matter how the game turns out (which from the trailer, personally I'd say good) it proves that SEGA is indeed listening; and with that, I'll pin this topic for discussion so it doesn't get lost in the upcoming sea of questionnaire topics! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Forgive me if this has already been pointed out, as I haven't been following the topic, since it's moving too fast, but has anyone noticed those blue laser things that follow Modern Sonic after he boosts into the Motobugs? Seems he absorbs them for some reason. Maybe it's energy to fill his boost gauge?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Classic gameplay looks great but confirmation of this being Sonic Unleashed 3 is my main source of absoloute joygasm here.

• Thumbs Up 5

Forgive me if this has already been pointed out, as I haven't been following the topic, since it's moving too fast, but has anyone noticed those blue laser things that follow Modern Sonic after he boosts into the Motobugs? Seems he absorbs them for some reason. Maybe it's energy to fill his boost gauge?

Yeah, that's pretty much a given, so perhaps the boost will be sort of limited like in Colors and not as spammable as in Unleashed.

Shadzter, I'm assuming you are right. I mean what's his face did say you get your boost by killing enemies, doing tricks and rings.

Nah, the best part of Sonic 2006 was the debut trailer. You gotta admit, it's a well put together and hype-driving trailer.

But now that we know the game is utter crap, the hyping and spine chilling effect doesn't work anymore.

Thing is, this trailer has much more actual gameplay than the second trailer for 06 did. That means something. d:

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Classic gameplay looks great but confirmation of this being Sonic Unleashed 3 is my main source of absoloute joygasm here.

IKNOWRITE? :V Roll on generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think comparing this to 06 is fair. Sonic 06 looked like to was going to be a good game.

Sonic Generations looks like it is a good game.

• Thumbs Up 3

This might seem odd but... you suppose the music in the trailer is going to be Generations' main theme?

...Beause honestly, I would LOVE that. And if it ISN'T, where the hell can I get that song?

Thing is, this trailer has much more actual gameplay than the second trailer for 06 did. That means something. d:

Normally with Trailers, its half CGI and half gameplay, or pretty much not shown any gameplay. I think SEGA can breath, knowing there gameplay in there games has been decent to good lately. After years since Unleashed, trying out the formula, fixing it to Colors, and now getting the same engine from the PS3 Xbox versions for this game. With all what they learned, fixes ect. I know that part of the game will be solid as it can ever be for that kind of gameplay.

Yes there are some who can't play it for some odd reason. (Unless you just can't play a game..) Most of us COULD control Sonic and not feel like your loosing control like 06. Of course no matter if Sega gives the fans all they ask? People will complain, but oh well. I can tell this game is gonna be up there with the best of Sonic, and ill be waiting for it!