Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

After listening to the sound effects, the jump sound seems to be a fusion of the traditional classics and CD. It's a mix.

Precisely this. It only sounds similar to the CD jump effect because the CD jump effect isn't shit quality.

Anyone else hoping this is all were getting as far as gameplay footage goes? Hear me out, sure, I hope we get more info on the story and characters, but I'd rather not be spoiled on all the levels like we were for Unleashed and Colors. That sort of took some of the fun out of the games for me.

Anyone else hoping this is all were getting as far as gameplay footage goes? Hear me out, sure, I hope we get more info on the story and characters, but I'd rather not be spoiled on all the levels like we were for Unleashed and Colors. That sort of took some of the fun out of the games for me.

I think you're alone on that one, especially on the "story and characters" department. You don't wanna watch gameplay footage, then don't watch the gameplay footage.

This is so going in my PS3 on that midnight it comes out. Im sold regardless. My two fav type gameplays put in one game. Im not going to be picky with every sound or what not that some in here might pounce on, but be glad were even getting a game like this at all. Welcome back Sonic, even through you been coming back since Sonic 4 and Colors. This is a great game to celebrate your 20th birthday.

You could...ya know...Not watch it.

Do what I did with Colours- draw a line somewhere and be surprised. Pleasantly surprised. But I'll take it one step further and leave SSMB completely for a few months this time. This is too special to be spoiled.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit that is fucking beautiful. I didn't think Green Hill would be so exciting, since we've seen it so many times, but damn, they really pulled out all the stops for this one. Shit blew me away. This might be the game that finally pushes me to buy a 360.

Edited by Chili Dawg
  • Thumbs Up 1

Go to 3:18 of that video? Classic Robotic confirmed

Yup, and we we we so excited. Classic iterations of the rest of the older cast are bound to appear too.

Yup, and we we we so excited. Classic iterations of the rest of the older cast are bound to appear too.

Let's hope so. It'd be pretty interesting to see how they'd look now after all these years.

Edited by krazystitch

If my calculations are correct...as the 15th anniversary game was epic, I think we are in here for a treat. So, I think its best for whatever this game comes out to be to last.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If my calculations are correct...as the 15th anniversary game was epic, I think we are in here for a treat. So, I think its best for whatever this game comes out to be to last.

Uh, what? That doesn't make any sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do what I did with Colours- draw a line somewhere and be surprised. Pleasantly surprised. But I'll take it one step further and leave SSMB completely for a few months this time. This is too special to be spoiled.

My will isn't that strong when it comes to trailers, I watch every single one, and I'm quite pleased. The "spoiled" feeling never really comes up until I actually play the game though, but it's more of a subconscious thing. Plus I can't leave the forums, epic post count lulz are at stake. :U

Uh, what? That doesn't make any sense.

Oops, sorry. My mind is in fragments again. Simply, this game will be awesome from all angles. This will be another one of "those games that set the standard in the franchise".

Not too impressed. I'm not a fan of Unleashed gameplay, and I'm not jumping for joy for more 2D levels when Sega needs to develop a 3D Sonic game that's actually 3D.

Colors is about the most I can take of either side of the spectrum, and this is just pushing it.

Edited by Sean
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 2

You ain't seen everything, and its months away from release.

If they can somehow take the entire Unleashed style of gameplay and change it into "not-shitty" somehow, I'll be REALLY impressed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm afraid I don't have lots of right words, but THIS IS EPIC. I just LOVE everything!

Now we can assume that Sonic 4 is fucked now. The physics in generations look like a million times better!

And the M.Sonic gameplay.. It's exactly like unleashed which is much better than colors!

It's all awesome!

The only thing I've yet to see is a good story with cool cutscenes, epic CG sequences and I also want to see some characters. Looks like we won't be able to play as any of them AGAIN, but at lease make them appear in the story, Sega.

And the possibility of seeing some post adventure stuff remade and THE Death Egg.. Of course it's always a bit disappointing that this is just some reused stuff, but God, does it look EPIC! WOW! Just WOW!

Not too impressed. I'm not a fan of Unleashed gameplay, and I'm not jumping for joy for more 2D levels when Sega needs to develop a 3D Sonic game that's actually 3D.

Colors is about the most I can take of either side of the spectrum, and this is just pushing it.

Love how you got neg repped for that opinion for that fair and reasonable opinion. :P (I fix'd it)

While I was hoping to get some C.Sonic in 3D, I'm hardly complaining now. This is exactly how a 2D Sonic game should be, and it's damn sexy to boot. And again, I would have like to see M.Sonic playing more like Adventure than Unleashed, but I suppose the contrast is good. Especially since, like Unleashed HD, this seems to use 3D mainly with little spurts of 2D simply to compliment it.

Now we can assume that Sonic 4 is fucked now. The physics in generations look like a million times better!

I wouldn't really consider that making Sonic 4 "fucked". Remember, they've only released Episode 1 and plan to make more in the future. If anything, this means that they'll know how to improve on the physics for the later Sonic 4 episodes.

Whatever.

You guys can sit this one out.

Regardless of how you feel about it, I know I'm going to enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1