Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

Besides the one "HA" in the beginning before C.Sonic's gameplay, I think he's going to be mute. I highly doubt they'll have a voice for classic Sonic. The Trailer even hints to that.

It was one of the voice clips from the trailers with Colors so you may be right.

This is terrible news.

It's brilliant news. Colours And Unleashed Wii were snooze fests. Colour was a snooze fest done right, but still. Unleashed HD on the other hand was thrilling throughout and I'm ecstatic too see that style return.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Because there are also a ton of people who like the Unleashed/Colors style as well? I seriously don't see the problem in including it, especially since you'll probably have the option to play as just C.Sonic if you want to.

I doubt it, it'll probably be like the system we've had where you either pick a Classic/Modern story, and play through both to beat the game like in the Adventures, or alternating, like in Unleashed.

This is terrible news.

Not really, since Unwiished was terrible. Modern gameplay could work if it takes Colors idea of having the boost gauge fill less frequently than in Unleashed, and has improved level design so as to have less trial and error elements.

Edited by Ekaje

Besides the one "HA" in the beginning before C.Sonic's gameplay, I think he's going to be mute. I highly doubt they'll have a voice for classic Sonic. The Trailer even hints to that.

Where does it hint at that? :huh:

Just because the 3D shows speed doesn't mean it will be all about it. The 2d only showed speed-parts as well.

I mean if it's more like Unleashed than Colors. Colors just needed some more platforming in 3D and I'd love it almost as much as the Adventure style. Even with boost (Though I'd prefer it gone)

It's brilliant news. Colours And Unleashed Wii were snooze fests. Colour was a snooze fest done right, but still. Unleashed HD on the other hand was thrilling throughout and I'm ecstatic too see that style return.

Unleashed HD was horrible. Instead of having fun, I was scared I'd run into or off something.

Edited by MarcelloF

Just because the 3D shows speed doesn't mean it will be all about it. The 2d only showed speed-parts as well.

This.

If the game is going to have speedy segments, they may as well be really fucking fast. I don't want it to half-ass it, think Chemical Plant levels of speed.

Just because the gameplay isn't what you want it to be, doesn't mean its bad.

Again, they only show us the fastest parts of the game in the trailers. This was true of the classics as well. Green Hill speed is marketable, Labyrinth lack of speed is not,

Where does it hint at that? :huh:

At the beginning and end of the trailer, Classic Sonic does a bit of miming.

Just like his model, I keep going back and forth on how I feel about that. I found his initial expression to be pretty derpy, but that :o was ridiculously cute.

I'm a tad annoyed that Sega has made C. Sonic so goofy. When I think of C. Sonic, I think of this:

STC71-Sonic.jpg

Or this:

STC100-SuperSonic.jpg

Rather than Tubby on the right here:

sonicteaser.jpg

Of course, regardless of whether or not Fleetway, Archie or SatAM was superior (I personally think that the Sonic Movie did the heroes better while SatAM did a far better job with the villains), I recognize that Sega is under no obligation to make Sonic the way some small comic or cartoon companies across the world made him over a decade ago. However, Sega itself had Sonic less goofy and more attitudey back then...

35ioqx1.gif

I think they're pandering to how much people say C.Sonic is cute. And they seem to have got him spot in. First thing I thought in this trailer was he's acting like he's Mickey Mouse. And then at the end he gets all cool with that slide where he lies down. I think they got him perfect. All the TV shows and comics on the other hand... unbearable.

• Thumbs Up 2

At the beginning and end of the trailer, Classic Sonic does a bit of miming.

Just like his model, I keep going back and forth on how I feel about that. I found his initial expression to be pretty derpy, but that :o was ridiculously cute.

To me it just looks like the beginning of the level like in Colors. Sonic didn't say anything there either.

Unleashed HD was horrible. Instead of having fun, I was scared I'd run into or off something.

No offense dude, but you're a small part of the fanbase. I understand that you personally didn't enjoy it, but that doesn't mean its bad, its just not you're thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well that's Level Layout not gameplay.

One thing that strangely stuck out to me was Sonic's air walking at 32 seconds. This might come off as a silly assumption, but would this be a hint of the Classic physics and controls being implemented? I mean, it was in Sonic 1-3 that had this happen plenty of times due to coming off something a certain way. Not saying the running itself is evidence, but a clue that they went as far as to translate that sort of animation into the game for a specific reason - to use Classic EVERYTHING in the package (physics and esthetics).

Also, no floatiness when attacking enemies. Yay!

(Man, I'm sorta too excited to make this post more reader friendly. So awkwardly worded...)

When Modern Sonic hits the dash panels and blows through the Crabmeats in 3D, he curls into a ball for a split second.

They did more than they needed to out of me. I'm content.

No offense dude, but you're a small part of the fanbase. I understand that you personally didn't enjoy it, but that doesn't mean its bad, its just not you're thing.

Umm..Ok? That doesn't change anything I said, really. I still hope it's more like Colors than Unleashed. I like to be able to control Sonic.

Well that's Level Layout not gameplay.

No, it was both. I was going way too fast and I didn't even upgrade Sonic's speed all the way.

----

How 'bout this: I'll play some Unleashed HD tonight and if I dislike it less, I'll be more positive?

My heart stopped more beats with this than the initial teaser, and that's saying a hell of a lot.

It looks...beautiful.

SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL

Everything's so right, Classic Sonic IS Classic EVERYTHING, Modern's is my favourite gameplay style.

SO MUCH WIN

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Modern Sonic actually speeds up when hitting Boost Pads,even with the Boost, unlike Unleashed.

WELP.

I hope Sonic team tones down the amount of speed in Classic Sonic levels toward the end of the game. Beginning of the game is fine for SPEED, it was like that all the time, but toward the end of the game needs the timing stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Small part of the fanbase"? Disregarding Unleashed's many other flaws, I was under the impression many people thought the day stages were marred by frustrating trial and error.

Edited by Ekaje

Dude, this trailer just completely annihilated those “Classic Sonic HD” vids from a while back.

Advantage: Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 6

No, it was both. I was going way too fast and I didn't even upgrade Sonic's speed all the way.

Well you can admit that Apotos wasn't that bad. That's what the entirity of Colors is based of, in terms of placement in obstacles.

Still they could have free movement while still having it fast when you want too. Normal running with M. Sonic doesn't look uncontrollably fast.

When Modern Sonic hits the dash panels and blows through the Crabmeats in 3D, he curls into a ball for a split second.

Holy shit :46, SONIC GOES INTO A BALL ALL BY HIMSELF! NO BOOST PAD IN SIGHT!

MODERN SONIC ROLLING CONFIRMED HOLY SHITO!

Dammit Sonic Team, I need details! NOW!

Edited by Black Spy

Umm..Ok? That doesn't change anything I said, really. I still hope it's more like Colors than Unleashed. I like to be able to control Sonic.

Sure it does. You were saying the Unleashed HD is bad, as if it's fact. But it's like, your opinion, man. And it's nowhere near the majority, either. You don't like Unleashed, that's cool :). Just doesn't make it a bad game.

It's all semantics, you needn't worry yourself.

Edited by Aerosol
  • Thumbs Up 1