Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

Very late to the party there :P We've watched it to death already.

Oh, I should expect this by now lol. Welp I tried haha. Is there a english subbed version?

Edited by LunarEdge

I wasn't too hyped by the initial trailer, but now this gameplay trailer has gotten me wanting this game. Everything just looks gorgeous. Now all I need is some Crush 40 goodness and I'm set.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's nice to see that the Red Rings from Colours are back :)

Makes me hopeful not only for unlockables, but also Special Stages.

Yeah, I hope we get special stages by finding the red rings again, for both Modern and Classic Sonic. But I'd like to see each have different special stages. Maybe Classic Sonic will have a special stage similar to Sonic 1, where he'll have to get the Emerald in a rotating maze, but for Modern Sonic, I'd like to see something like the pipeline special stages from Sonic 2/3D Blast/Heroes.

I honestly dunno how co-op/multiplayer would fit into the equation in this game, but I sincerely hope they do something different than what they did in Colors. The multiplayer in the game wasn't bad, but it was far easier and kinda more fun just to get the Emerald on your own, and it was just so damn forgettable, especially considering you didn't even need to play with a friend in the first place to get through the level.

I honestly dunno how co-op/multiplayer would fit into the equation in this game, but I sincerely hope they do something different than what they did in Colors. The multiplayer in the game wasn't bad, but it was far easier and kinda more fun just to get the Emerald on your own, and it was just so damn forgettable, especially considering you didn't even need to play with a friend in the first place to get through the level.

Iizuka confirmed already that there's no multiplayer.

Iizuka confirmed already that there's no multiplayer.

Oops, I missed that... but I gotta say I'm kinda glad, they can really focus on making the single player modes for this game spectacular.

But we've gotta see some leader boards. I mean, that goes with out saying, but still :P

Makes me hopeful not only for unlockables, but also Special Stages.

Yeah! Colours on Wii had no concept art whatsoever, hopefully Generations doesn't make the same mistake.

You know it just occured to me. The classic stages so far look classic, and so do the physics, right? It just occured to me that the head of Sonic Team, Iizuka, is one of the level designers for S3&K, and with this game being developed by Sonic Team, he will have more of a role in it, than Sonic 4, which seems like he barely had any, if at all, much say in. That is pretty awesome! Hopefully Iizuka will be looking over the level designs. :)

Also if we get Red rings, that may mean classic Super Sonic! :D

Wonder if Classic Sonic is going to have a voice at all!

Modern Sonic:Hey old me!Whats Up?

Classic Sonic:............

M:I'm Sonic!Sonic th.....

C:*runs away*

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah! Colours on Wii had no concept art whatsoever, hopefully Generations doesn't make the same mistake.

Such a let down that was. The thing always bugs me about concept art is that it looks amazing, and the levels we actually get don't have anywhere near that level of detail. It already looks like that's going to be rectified with this game. When C.Sonic goes is running across the corkscrew the background is full of life, and and M.Sonic goes off that ramp and through the middle of a loop? Eye sex. That's the sort of stuff we only usually see in concept art. It's pretty damn amazing.

Also, I just watched the interview again. You can hear the waterfalls and ever the sound of wildlife in places. Makes the world of difference.

I'm really hoping for lots of collectables and shit in levels too, like in Unleashed and Colors. It's already confirmed we have red coins to collect, which will hopefully unlock artwork, music, maybe even extra characters etc. Even though the option to listen to the game's soundtrack and watch it's movies without having to collect things would be feasable, I actually liked having to collect CDs, tapes, etc in Unleashed. It added a bit of replayability to the levels.

I'm really hoping for lots of collectables and shit in levels too, like in Unleashed and Colors. It's already confirmed we have red coins to collect, which will hopefully unlock artwork, music, maybe even extra characters etc. Even though the option to listen to the game's soundtrack and watch it's movies without having to collect things would be feasable, I actually liked having to collect CDs, tapes, etc in Unleashed. It added a bit of replayability to the levels.

I didn't. Because of it I still can't watch all of the cutscenes. :<

I didn't. Because of it I still can't watch all of the cutscenes. :<

Neither can I, but I did like the idea. The problem with Unleashed's collectibles is that you have absolutely no way of tracking them. Missing a video? Teehee! You can guess which level it's in. And better yet, you can guess where abouts it is in the level too! Yeah, no thanks. Collectibles are great, but you really need to be able to see your progress easily. Colours did it right. You saw not only how many Red Rings you had, but also which ones. Let's say you had no# 1, 2, 4 and 5 and were missing no# 3, you had a rough idea of where to look for it. So much fairer. Those two menu shots for this game pretty much confirm we've got a decent system on our hands.

Edited by Blue Blood

yay for Sonic games encouraging exploration with decent ranking systems that are more than just "GET TO THE END OF THE LEVEL REAL QUICK LIKE WITH A LOT OF RINGS!"

Uploaded. No Logo IGN.

*video*

Awesome. Where'd it come from?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it on the Press site. Woohoo!

Edited by Blue Blood

Neither can I, but I did like the idea. The problem with Unleashed's collectibles is that you have absolutely no way of tracking them. Missing a video? Teehee! You can guess which level it's in. And better yet, you can guess where abouts it is in the level too! Yeah, no thanks. Collectibles are great, but you really need to be able to see your progress easily. Colours did it right. You saw not only how many Red Rings you had, but also which ones. Let's say you had no# 1, 2, 4 and 5 and were missing no# 3, you had a rough idea of where to look for it. So much fairer. Those two menu shots for this game pretty much confirm we've got a decent system on our hands.

I can agree with this, it wasn't handled in the best possibe way but I still enjoyed the search.

I'm sure most of what your seeing is entirely playable.

How? In the gameplay video you can clearly see Modern Sonic zipping past hills that are completely out of reach. And the part of the level where you're actually playing is mostly a straight line and looks nothing like the hills in the background.

How? In the gameplay video you can clearly see Modern Sonic zipping past hills that are completely out of reach. And the part of the level where you're actually playing is mostly a straight line and looks nothing like the hills in the background.

If it's anything like Unleashed (which it clearly is) then you're right. There'll be a lot more scenery areas than explorable areas. It is lame, but for the Unleashed style gameplay it's better than highways in the sky.

Sega... Sonic Team...

Take my money or I'll kick your asses...

That's all. :I

Watching the HD version of the gameplay trailer frame by frame, I noticed our first red ring:

firstredringtake2.png

And a better look at the two variants of Buzzer/Buzz Bomber:

Twobuzzers2.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Watching the HD version of the gameplay trailer frame by frame, I noticed our first red ring:

firstredring.png

And a better look at the two variants of Buzzer/Buzz Bomber:

Twobuzzers2.png

I watched and it's there, but in that still pic it looks like it was shopped in the pic (the red ring)

Edited by Vec

I watched and it's there, but in that still pic it looks like it was shopped in the pic (the red ring)

Well okay, I'll replace it. Why would I have any reason to 'shop it though?