Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

The awesomeness of the trailer inspired me to make this:

28qumub.jpg

You sir, just caused everyone on this forum, jaded or not jaded, to jizz.

I feel redundant ;.;

Edited by Bipolar Bear
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dat quadruple post

Apparently it made you jizz 4 times o:

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was just thinking, remember when they said we would see the Werehog again?

...yeah

...wouldn't be surprised

• Thumbs Up 1

...yeah

...wouldn't be surprised

If ST revealed Werehog to be back...I will go to Japan...and kill all of Sega's staff....myself...they will be slow and painful deaths so they they can understand the wrongness of their actions @_@!!

I suppose. It's just a pretty harsh, and clearly inaccurate assumption to make before you watch the whole thing.

I'm speaking primarily in terms of the level design. Walk in spring into a convex 180 into another walk in spring into a concave 180, that sort of thing. He still has the funny acceleration curve and janky shorthop behavior. Do a little jump in a Genesis game, then watch the video again. Sonic shoots downwards the moment the button is released. He keeps his horizontal momentum this time around, thankfully. This can be fixed by changing the sign of a number. When you shorthop, Sonic's vertical speed is supposed to be set to a small upward value, not a downward one. I say upwards and downwards because depending on how they made the engine, negative could mean up.

Oh, and classic Sonic's sound effects sound like they were made based off a recording from crappy YM2612 emulation.

...yeah

...wouldn't be surprised

Yeah, no. It's not happeneing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm speaking primarily in terms of the level design. Walk in spring into a convex 180 into another walk in spring into a concave 180, that sort of thing. He still has the funny acceleration curve and janky shorthop behavior. Do a little jump in a Genesis game, then watch the video again. Sonic shoots downwards the moment the button is released. He keeps his horizontal momentum this time around, thankfully. This can be fixed by changing the sign of a number. When you shorthop, Sonic's vertical speed is supposed to be set to a small upward value, not a downward one. I say upwards and downwards because depending on how they made the engine, negative could mean up.

That's serviceable though. I mean yes, it would be a tad awkward, but its not as bad as say not having inertia at all. That and the actual acceleration looks much better, perhaps a tad fast.

Judging from the texture work and the in-game models, I'd say a lot of it is still WIP. I mean Sonic Team HD added a whole lot of detail into everything in Unleashed, I doubt they'd allow sloppy texture work stick around. They might even polish things up with regard to control.

I mean even modern sonic doesn't look so slippy-sliding with and without the boost.

Oh, and classic Sonic's sound effects sound like they were made based off a recording from crappy YM2612 emulation.

That's probably cause it is, I doubt they were going to get a proper YM2612 to something as insignificant as the jumping sound effect. All you need is a little noise to indicate you've jumped, and what they've used is perfectly adequate.

Also, isn't Jun Senoue doing the music for this game? I seem to recall Johnny saying C40's involved in something big for 2011. Usually when the whole of C40's involved Senoue isn't too far behind. The Green Hill classic remix sounded awesome, and had some really nice bass. The modern remix sounded like it had a little more guitars and trumpets involved, and it sounded good and lively.

No need for Sonic 4 now! Well, it's official...this RAPES Mario's 25th anniversary.

Edited by KrazyBean14

When you play as Modern Sonic, I feel it's a bit disappointing to see all those beautiful hills and platforms in the background, and being unable to reach them, while the path you're playing on looks is almost a straight line which looks nothing like that...

Edited by ENVY16

...yeah

...wouldn't be surprised

...yeah

...wouldn't be surprised

Okay, about the jumping sound effect:

It's a bran-new synthesized sound effect. Listen to the gameplay in that Iizuka interview. You can hear it better there.

I'm getting tired of people thinking it's from Sonic CD. They sound very different.

I just looked at the Sonic Generations gameplay footage and the Sonic CD one back to back. They do sound exactly the same as far as I can tell.

Maybe it's because I'm listening to higher quality headphones or something, but I have no idea how you guys can't tell the difference.

Maybe it's because I'm listening to higher quality headphones or something, but I have no idea how you guys can't tell the difference.

The don't sound identical, but I can't be sure if that's because of the quality of the video. Either way, I'm not bothered. I like the SCD jump sound.

It's a bran-new synthesized sound effect. Listen to the gameplay in that Iizuka interview. You can hear it better there.

I'm getting tired of people thinking it's from Sonic CD. They sound very different.

I've noticed too, but it's still the same sound, just enhanced. They don't sound THAT different.

When you play as Modern Sonic, I feel it's a bit disappointing to see all those beautiful hills and platforms in the background, and being unable to reach them, while the path you're playing on looks is almost a straight line which looks nothing like that...

The game is supposed to have well...fleshed out alternate paths in both Sonic gameplay styles.

A High

A Mid

And a Low

Last Time I checked I don't remember the adventures games doing ANYTHING like that. It going to be interesting what they do with City escape since all that was was a speed fest...going in a straight line like most Adventure style sonic stages.

I'm sure most of what your seeing is entirely playable.

I also find it interesting that people hate on unleashed style....since all it is is Sonic in 2D...spun around in 3D...just going really fast with it. Its Green Hill Zone...its always a speed fest I'm sure it will flesh out more with up coming levels.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's an interview thats in Japanese (subbed in Spanish) and it shows more game play and you can hear the GHZ remixes.

*VIDEO*

Is it just me or does C.Sonic seem to move in a similar fashion of Sonic from Sonic Extreme? Also C.Robotnik @ 3:18.

Very late to the party there :P We've watched it to death already.

• Thumbs Up 1