Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

How can you still prefer modern sonic's look a fter this traielr lol!!!!!!!!! Classic sonic just looks so damn awesome!!! I mean LOOK AT HIM HWAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

... OKeaaaayyy :huh:

(Calm down bro)

Haha :P I agree, C.Sonic is just so excellent. All his animations are so lively and bouncy, and he's still cool with that cheeky smile at the end. I can understand how people would prefer M.Sonic, but I certainly don't (even though I do think he's awesome).

M.Sonic really does look like an Unleashed clone, and while I do prefer the Adventure gameplay, this is arguably the better choice. More contrast, and it's still undeniably Sonic gameplay.

Seems sad that I have to get all A* in my GCSEs to play this game, I'll only get the chance when Hell freezes over...

Seems sad that I have to get all A* in my GCSEs to play this game, I'll only get the chance when Hell freezes over...

Well now you have real incentive. Ouch though. That's a really tough call.

Also, question. Am I the only one who's happy to have the CD jump sound? I somehow prefer it to the original one.

Oh, HELL, YEAH! Just watched the trailer, and I must say that I'm really looking forward to it.

Classic Sonic: Sound effects, delicious momentum, platforming, and GREAT speed to compliment it! AWWWWESOOOOMMME!

Modern Sonic: Yo, Unleashed, say hello to my little friend! Boost, platforming. TREMENDOUS!

I'm along with the ride! :D

Also, question. Am I the only one who's happy to have the CD jump sound? I somehow prefer it to the original one.

You are.

*comes home from crappy day of Business Calculus getting in my ass*

Ugh, what's going on in video game world I won--*sees Sonic Generations screenshots*

HOLY SHI----*sees trailer*

0____________0

BEST MONDAY EVER!

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah, I kinda like it. It's a really classic feeling to it. It's gonna be weird to some of the newer fans that never heard of SCD but us old school ones will love it. It's still kinda weird though. Fat sonic has a boot tech that IGN and other places have not mentioned yet. And I don't recall fat sonic having that in the Gen days. Super peel out does not count.

I know it's so small, but my favourite C.Sonic pose is here, so similar to Sonic's Brawl one.

classicbrawl.png

Only billion times better :D

• Thumbs Up 1

BEST MONDAY EVER!

The only way this could be better is if this was Tuesday, the most uneventful day of the week.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, it kind of baffles me that they chose the CD sound effect when the classic 'boing' is almost world-known amongst gamers. I don't really care at all, honestly, but it's just kind of bizarre.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok..Now i'm excited for this game.

I'm a modern Sonic fan so when a seen classic Sonic i was like "thats cool...but what about the 3D gameplay?"

After seeing it, I can't wait to play all the modern Sonic Stages. It's seem like It's going to have the since of speed the Sonic Colors was missing.

Oh and by the way, classic Sonic Stages is what everyone wanted Sonic 4 to be.

I'm used to both sound effects, so it's not really a big deal to me either way, but it's nice to see CD getting a little recognition for once. I hope we get a CD stage, too... the idea of one of CD's environments rendered in Generations' graphics is mouth-watering.

Well now you have real incentive. Ouch though. That's a really tough call.

lol, I'm not happy about it. I've always hated the CD jumping sound. I still hope they change that.

But, hey, both games are about time travel. I guess it makes sense xD

He is not.

Nah, I kinda like it. It's a really classic feeling to it. It's gonna be weird to some of the newer fans that never heard of SCD but us old school ones will love it. It's still kinda weird though.

Thank you~

The CD jump sound is higher quality and somehow less annoying. Plus whenever I think of the jump sound effect that's the one that comes to my mind. Not that it's a particularly big deal either way.

Whoa :o SEGA bring this out for as many consoles you can, I will buy it day 1 on every console I have for it!

Oh and DLC!!! any DLC I will buy :o

MUST....HAVE...

Seeing Classic Sonic back with classic gameplay is awesome, but I'm even more excited about playing as modern Sonic. Green Hill Zone + Unleashed gameplay style = WIN. I fangasmed at the whole thing.

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

After listening to the sound effects, the jump sound seems to be a fusion of the traditional classics and CD. It's a mix.

After listening to the sound effects, the jump sound seems to be a fusion of the traditional classics and CD. It's a mix.

Pretty sure they wouldn't have gone out of their way to mix a jump sound effect. Really. It's either the CD one or a new one that happens to sound like CD.

If I can just choose Classic Sonic mode, and not "Super Linear, SPEEDSPEEDSPEED, YOU GOT BOOST POWER, QTE TIME, aw shit son time for rote memorization!" Unleashed mode, this could be the best Sonic game in a long ass time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

This isn't what I was expecting, but it's better than I hoped.

Classic Sonic's gameplay seems like... well, Sonic 1 and 2 on steroids. I mean, it look like it has the physics, moveset, and aesthetics of the classics, but with the fluidity of Modern Sonic's gameplay (i.e., what Sonic 4 should have been). I mean, when he hits the springs, he just keeps going, and he barely stops, unless it's for platforming. I just hope that there are a few 3D sections, but if so, my guess is that the majority of Classic gameplay will be in 2D, while most of Modern will be in 3D.

Modern Sonic, now.....awesome. Looks just like Unleashed, but with a spin roll of some sort. Which of course is the one thing I think he needed, I just hope he can do a spin dash when crouching.

winning-300x225.jpg

I still hope they add some classic touches. Perhaps Modern Sonic's stages will end with the goal ring, while Classic's will end with a sign post? And I still wanna see the little score pop-up appear after beating an enemy. But as a whole, this trailer just left me wanting more, and like I said in the gameplay topic I made, I really hope this game sets some precedents for the future of the franchise.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1