Awoo.

Anarchy Reigns (PS3, Xbox 360)

Detective Shadzter

@PG_inaba

Hi all, I wanted to make official comment on the western release of Anarchy Reigns (known as Max Anarchy in Japan).

First of all, we are done with all international versions of Anarchy Reigns. The delay is not due to further development on the game.

Also, even though the release dates will be different, the content of both the Japanese and Western versions will be 100% the same.

Today's Q1 2013 release news was the first we'd heard of it. Even if we wanted to, we can't comment as we're (still) in the dark officially.

There's some concern that this will push back the Japanese release date. It will not. The game will be released in Japan on July 5, 2012.

Finally, I want to sincerely apologize to all the fans worldwide for all the confusion this situation has caused.

Even though we are the game's developers, we can only do so much about this...

However, we hope you can continue to support Anarchy Reigns and look forward to playing it with us in the future. Thank you.

Hey guys I think we have Capcom 2.0 on our hands here.

Seriously, fuck Sega.

• Thumbs Up 8

Yeah SEGA really fucked up here.

Can't help but think the Q1 2013 release means this game will be DOA no matter what, everyone that wants to play it will import... everyone else won't care by then

• Thumbs Up 3

Why are you guys saying "Fuck Sega?"

Have you forgotten they are in a financial mess right now? Or that must have slipped through your mind. If they don't have the money to release this game to the West, they can't release it to the West.

Why are you guys saying "Fuck Sega?"

Have you forgotten they are in a financial mess right now? Or that must have slipped through your mind. If they don't have the money to release this game to the West, they can't release it to the West.

It's their own damn fault that they're in this mess, and what they're doing now is exactly why.

• Thumbs Up 1

Relax guys, it's a solid business decision.

It's not like early 2013 will be the designed release window for anticipated titles such as God of War, Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, Ninokuni, Tomb Raider, Aliens and the usual last minute delays of Fall 2012 games that get moved every year.

I'm sure SEGA will ensure AR has all the space and market awareness it needs to shine.

They wouldn't be in this financial mess if they actually advertised any other game that does not have a blue hedgehog in them. No seriously, they had triple A IP's like Vanquish, Bayonetta, Yakuza, and Phantasy Star and they have not done shit to advertise them and then released the damn game against heavy competition to boot(Bayonetta went against God of War 3 for example). They are doing the same with the Cave as well. So fuck them.

>They don't have enough money to make localized trailers.

Please tell me you're joking.

• Thumbs Up 2

I knew about this before. I'm not happy with Sega, but what's done is done. They can't change the past. They need a lot of more money to now advertise these games.

Making localised trailers costs them time and money as well you know. They aren't making these trailers in their free time. Sega has fucked up. We know that. But they are in a financial mess right now, they can't release this game to the West this summer even if they desperately want to. They could be in danger of going out of business. Which we don't want.

Remember Sega of America, Sega of Europe and Sega of Japan, even though they work together with the same name doesn't mean they are completely whole. Sega of Japan has way more enough budget to advertise the crap out of Max Anarchy while the others don't.

If Sega of Japan starts giving Sega West money, they can be in the same position as Sega America and Europe because themselves will have no money.

It's a shame this has been moved to Q1 2013, but what would you rather want. Anarchy Reigns or Sonic 4: Ep II & Transformed. Which one of these is going to give Sega the most money?

• Thumbs Up 2

Making localised trailers costs them time and money as well you know. They aren't making these trailers in their free time. Sega has fucked up. We know that. But they are in a financial mess right now, they can't release this game to the West this summer even if they desperately want to. They could be in danger of going out of business. Which we don't want.

Cutting and editing existing trailers to put on their channel is not a big deal. Really, it isn't. They didn't even bother doing that of all things.

I'd rather want Sega to not compete with DmC, Bioshock 3, Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, Gears of War, The Last of Us, Colonial Marines and every other goddamn game that's made 2012 into a pathetic, lackluster year of gaming.

I'm already pissed at Sega for loving to waste money, but that won't change the fact that I'm even more pissed with them for deciding that now would be the best time to go back on it.

• Thumbs Up 5

@%%YT%$@^$@#%

2013? Ouch.

Man, thats dissapointing. I was really looking forward to killing some hours. July would have been the perfect time to ship AR, even with no advertising.

EDIT:

Good God, we are gonna get curbstomped by Japanese players when this game ships in the west. Its gonna be noob hunting season. Lambs to the slaughter.

That's... not gonna be a fun learning curve.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

On a slightly more positive note, I like how active the online community is on the demo; I'm getting the piss beaten out of me by different people every round! It's great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I finally beat the game; I've been staving off the single player until yesterday because... well, long story. As for my review of the game, well, see Carbo's post- that's pretty much how I feel about it to a T. The story is what you'd expect from Platinum- you're dropped like a rock into a universe where nothing is clearly explained and everything is awesomely insane. It takes an interesting direction with the story and frames it into two parallel perspectives that come together in the end, Sonic Adventure 2 style. Unfortunately, it tends to drag; despite having some awesome and varied missions, the story doesn't feel like it leads up to anything important; both perspectives basically revolve around each side chasing the same guy and spoiler alert: you catch him. The characters are enjoyable, but not really fleshed out enough. It's kind of the same problem Vanquish's story had; it uses its intense quantity of action and movement to mask the fact that almost nothing really happens; you run into a bunch of characters and fight them, but in the end, you did what you came to do, no more, no less. That being said, the campaign was still deeper than I had expected; games with such a heavy emphasis on multiplayer tend to half-ass the single player and while that was kind of the case, it still had pretty varied and enjoyable missions.

As for the multiplayer, good god, where to begin? It's pretty much what you'd expect from a game with "Anarchy" in the title- absolute fucking chaos everywhere you look. Satellite lasers. Drone strikes. Sea monsters. Black holes. Mutants. The whole nine yards. You've got a huge open environment where these crazy scenarios pop up now and then to try and mess everything up. It's like City Trial from Kirby's Air Ride, but with violence instead of driving. The whole game is incredibly unbalanced, but the good kind of unbalanced that keeps it interesting. It all can become pretty overwhelming. Battle Royale (12-16 player free for all) is just too much for me, because there's a ton of players all playing for keeps and you just can't do anything without getting ambushed. But at the end of the day, it's a pretty addicting game that is guaranteed to keep your interest and I definitely recommend it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forgot to post this sometime ago.

Mat from Two Best Friends Play goes through a list of reasons why you should be importing this game. Warning the video does contain spoilers.

He had me at Black people

:P

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm thinking about importing this... But theres a few problems.

When it comes to importing PS3 games to the UK, it's not very easy, mainly because due to an old court ruling (long story) a lot of places won't do it, and those who do want quite a bit of a markup on the base price, without adding postage.

So... can anyone sorta point me in the right direction to get a copy? And is Bayonetta on the disk or is it a DLC code?

Thanks for the heads up.

Outch, £60. Hmmmm really unsure what to do, It's a lot of money for a game and it may not even have the code... might need to check out YJA just in case. But thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the heads up.

Outch, £60. Hmmmm really unsure what to do, It's a lot of money for a game and it may not even have the code... might need to check out YJA just in case. But thanks for the advice.

Well it may have the code in it, not only pre-order copies get the code. First printing run games have it as well. Not sure how long a single printing run for a game in japan lasts though.

Hey people, I had a problem with my computer and was away for Spain that made me forgot this forum, but then I just remembered today and hoped that there was a thread about this game, Anarchy Reigns. I imported it, got it on day 1, played it on day 1 and fuck it's amazing. I'm on the ps3 for those who want to add me: Boo-ZAWARUDO

I'm also constantly recording and uploading on youtube, you can check out my channel in my signature. Here's the last video I uploaded.

Edited by Boodendorf

Wait...WHAT!!!

Did I read that right??

It's an import that can be changed to English? I failed to notice that before...

Dammit! Where the hell is my money! I'm getting it now!! But I do want me some Bayonetta too...

My studying of the Japanese language is a slow and grueling process...

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait...WHAT!!!

Did I read that right??

It's an import that can be changed to English? I failed to notice that before...

Dammit! Where the hell is my money! I'm getting it now!! But I do want me some Bayonetta too...

My studying of the Japanese language is a slow and grueling process...

• Thumbs Up 1