Awoo.

Anarchy Reigns (PS3, Xbox 360)

Detective Shadzter

This game's soundtrack will be amazing. I will honestly be disappointed if this game doesn't win at least one Best Soundtrack award or something.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

New Trailer!

This game lives up to it's name the more I see it... AND I LOVE IT!

A New Challenger Approaches! "Douglas"

• Thumbs Up 5

THAT SOUNDTRACK...I NEED THAT SOUNDTRACK...JULY HURRY UP AND GET HERE SO I CAN GET THE DAMN SOUNDTRACK!!!

Edited by Hiro Kageyama

This game looks so freaking FUN! I really need a PC version of this...

Douglas didn't seem like such a good character though

(as a side note, he makes me think about Maxima from The King of Fighters)

and besides Douglas here, we got another New Challenger in the Form of Max (top video).

Pretty Sweet Trailers, I love those Game Modes already. Douglas and Max look cool, but I think I'm still gonna go with my Homeboy the Blacker Baron stop starin' and probably Big Bull.

Anarchy Reigns delayed in the West, Platinum says

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 25 May, 2012

"That means to be confirmed, not to be cancelled."

According to Sega, Anarchy Reigns will launch on 6th July in Europe and 3rd July in the US. But Japanese developer Platinum isn't so sure.

In a note on the Platinum website, the Bayonetta maker said Sega had changed Anarchy Reigns' release date to TBC - despite it being finished.

"We break the bad news about Anarchy Reigns US/EU release date - Sega has decided to change the date to TBC," reads the post.

"While our work on the game is finished, localised, and ready to go, as publisher, Sega gets to make the final decision as to when it is released. The Japanese release date, however, remains unchanged for 5th July 2012."

In a video a Platinum representative said: "That means 'to be confirmed', not 'to be cancelled'. We worked really hard to make sure everybody could get the game on time. The game is fully localised. If you buy the Japanese version or any version, it's going to have all the languages in it. We really wanted everybody online around the world to play together at the same time, but unfortunately that's not going to happen.

"In the West, Sega is looking for the best time to put it out. It will still be out in July. There will still be ways for you to get it if you know where to go. We're still 100 per cent behind the game and we still want to connect with you and play with you and have a good time. So let's make sure that happens no matter what bad news we get."

Why has Sega delayed the game? We've asked the publisher for comment.

In December last year Sega delayed Anarchy Reigns to July. At the time, Sega West senior vice president of marketing Gary Knight said the delay - the game's second - was in part the result of a desire to make it bigger.

"Anarchy Reigns brings a new take to the brawler genre and we've decided to take a little more time to deliver the full knockout punch," he said.

"I can't reveal much now, but it's something to do with scale. Let's just say traditional one on one or two versus two fighters will be a thing of the past…"

Earlier this month development on Bayonetta 2 was reportedly cancelled after an internal restructure at publisher Sega.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this sucks. Hopefully what ever Sega is waiting on to release this game stateside will reveal itself in the short term..... I was really looking forward to this game.

The Japanese demo's up. If you don't have an JP account, go make one and download this sucker; English is fully available.

Current impressions:

PLATINUM GAMES CAN DO NO WRONG.

I really had no idea what to expect going into this game, but the title is not lying- Anarchy indeed reigns. The multiplayer is already blowing my mind with the sheer scope of its dynamic; this isn't a simple deathmatch, it's a warzone. What seems like a simple game of fisticuffs in a dilapidated alleyway is blown out of proportion with exploding tankers, carpet bombers, rocket launchers, giant mechas, etc. that make sure no match goes the same way twice. While it doesn't place emphasis on creativity the same way Madworld did, make no mistake- this is a worthy successor. In fact, think of it as Castle Crashers meets MadWorld.

They didn't really show much of the story, but it doesn't seem like the multiplayer is overshadowing it; rather than a strictly linear pathway, it seems some missions will use stages as a sandbox-ish hub that you can wander around and fight enemies and do side missions in. There are some annoying dialogue box cutscenes that have REALLY bad lip syncing, but believe me, that's the absolute worst thing I can say about this game. It's fast, visceral and there's nothing else like it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and deal with the massive erection this game gave me.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sega thanks Anarchy Reigns fans for their interest as concern grows over western release

http://www.eurogamer...western-release

I still imagine this means they just want to try and market it more here. Which is kinda bullshit, since that's what Sega SHOULD have been doing this whole damn time, though in the end I suppose I can't complain if it means the game will get a bigger population. But seriously, Sega. LEARN 2 ADVERTISE.

• Thumbs Up 2

The demo is fucking bonkers. It's Platinum vindicating God Hand's lack of polish with the idea that it wasn't batshit insane enough.

I don't think I've ever been this perturbed by a last minute delay.

I need it. I need more. I need my fix.

If this isn't out in July, so help me god.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of the devil, hope remains!!

Hey Everyone,

I have some good news about AR.

I work Saturdays at EB Games (Canadian version of Gamestop). We have TVs that play game trailers.

At the beginning of every month, we change the disk that contains the trailer roll. Rule of thumb is that they play the trailer for games coming out a month or two later.

Well today is June 2nd, we got a new trailer disk and what did it contain? AN ENGLISH FULL GAME TRAILER FOR ANARCHY REIGNS.

Oh man I was cheering it on, trust me. Especially since it was Anarchy Reigns, and not Max Anarchy.

Now as an EB Games employee I can tell you that our system still has it listed for preorder for July 3rd. The fact that the trailer is on our Monthly disk of game trailers means that Sega has forked up a lot of money for the marketing opportunity (companies pay big bucks to have trailers play in the store) and that they have done this recently.

Basically, expect a Western Release, and soon. Probably late summer or early fall (at the very latest).

If you don't believe me, go into any EB Games on the West Coast (I personally work in vancouver), hang out there for a while and you'll see the trailer play.

I've always commented on the post here on Segabits, but I just created this account so that I can post this. Hopefully this news can help you decide whether to import or not.

Keep the Faith!

Yesssssss

this pleases me

Excellent. Just... excellent! Platinum have a good ear for soundtracks, huh?