Awoo.

Anarchy Reigns (PS3, Xbox 360)

Detective Shadzter

I got the 360 version just to have it alongside the good version of Bayonetta (I need to stop playing the demo infinitely and just get the game already) and the copy of Vanquish I already have.

I just ordered it online because, I'm a lazy bastard. I got the PS3 version because, I never touch my 360.

*sees your PSN id*

*sees your Psn id*

I am.

You were right. It looks like I got Bayonetta.

hni0081p.jpg

tumblr_m6w3e4JVzL1qdfjm1.png

BTEHz.jpg?3

RET'S DO DIS SHIT

So...tournament?

Can't you fiddle with your router to fix that? I think you need to turn on uPnP or turn off the firewall or something. Mine used to do that but, I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it, since it was so long ago. Yeah, it depends on the router but there are typically options in the WAN setup that lets you make your router connection open (weaker fire wall) and disable SIP ALG, which are generally the things that cause NAT issues (strong firewall causes connectivity issues while SIP ALG makes voice chat work improperly).

Edited by King Of Awesome

Managed to fix the issue so if people want to organize something then I'm totally game.

I have to say, replaying this I realize I was harping on the story a bit when I first got it for not being explanatory or fleshed out but I feel like it's compensated a lot by the atmosphere of the game and the fact that, well, there is such an emphasis on the story to begin with. It's a really cyberpunk like world with bios to every creature, it's got some really awesome cutscenes and seeing everything connect together is quite a bit of fun. I suppose part of it also comes from a strange sense of charm having characters from MadWorld, particularly Jack, appear and be a crucial piece of a world that's much bigger and evolved from what they originate from.

"Thank you for your pre-order"

Anyone seen any marketing from Sega regarding this game? Seen tons for Aliens, seen nothing for this game which will no doubt end up being superior in every way.

"Thank you for your pre-order"

Anyone seen any marketing from Sega regarding this game? Seen tons for Aliens, seen nothing for this game which will no doubt end up being superior in every way.

Yeah it's pretty much got lowest expectations from Sega as far as sales go...

If they have so little confidence in it, maybe they shoudn't have it greenlighted at all.

They clearly did have confidence in it though. Sega actively asked for Platinum to make them this game and turn it into one of their flagship online titles. They delayed the game twice in order to make the game even bigger. There's a plethora of modes available going up as far as a 16 Free-For-All Battle Royale, half of it thrives on the online with some really intuitive modes to be found, there are unlockable perks and emblems and the game has the telltale signs of being something that's big enough to logically be able to have it's own dedicated user base. Much like Twisted Metal PS3 so much work went into making the multiplayer robust to the point that it's easy to forgive the single player which is clearly the afterthought (considering all the modes, events and content this game has, it desperately needs some sort of Smash Bros like Event Mode).

Then their financial relapse happened and they couldn't bank on emphasizing a title which for all intent's purpose still doesn't exactly gel with a lot of things a mainstream crowd would find appealing to generate units right off the bat. It's probably not going to have much of a competitive scene either because considering what kind of game this is there is no local multiplayer, not even by LAN.

• Thumbs Up 1

It comes out today in the U.S. but I'm wondering if you need to have finished Madworld to know what's going on? I never got too far in that game.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't follow the plot from MadWorld, the only thing I can see being relevant is that Jack is part of a group called the Chaser's Guild. They accept jobs to track down people in dangerous situations.

Yeah as I stated months back the story is pretty much an alternate universe version of MadWorld. Jack, Baron, Mathilda, Big Bull and Fei Rin all return for the Black Side campaign which is pretty much a MadWorld Reboot since it's the campaign where you'll be facing all the MadWorld characters and even be able to play as all of the above, but none of them have any pre-story connections established save for Baron and Jack which make for a real entertaining duo of misfits. There's also a deal of nods to MadWorld in it as well such as in dialogue.

Leo Formont also get's something of a drastic overhaul and appears as the White Side protagonist Leonhardt Victorion. It's a long-stretch comparison though.

SEGA's blog has promoted this quite a bit recently, but yeah, I think the bulk of their marketing campaign has gone on Aliens: Colonial Marines, which is bound to generate more sales.

Shame really, as I had a chance to play this at Eurogamer Expo 2011 and really enjoyed it, was looking forward to it until it was delayed. Instantly plopped down the cash for a preorder when I was able. Xbox 360 version, for those interested.

This game.

It's beautiful.

I had my first online match after familiarizing myself with the basic controls a bit in the campaign.  Of course I go straight to Bayonetta as my character because Bayonetta is awesome.

It was a wonderful 1vs1 game, first to win three rounds wins the game.  I won the first round by the skin of my teeth.  Then my opponent won the next two rounds by a fair margin, needless to say I was a bit scared.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, the fighting tiger inside me unleashed itself, and I wrecked my opponent's shit the next two matches.

It was glorious.

I just got it from Gamestop right now, I'll put it in and see how the good is. So far I heard very positive things about it so I can't wait!

I'm streaming it right now with a few friends and I'll tell you what... this is pretty damn fun.

My Bayonetta code didn't work though :( I'm hearing a few people are having the same problem. I contacted Sony about it via email/their process for that, and I will try the code again later. I hope I can get Bayonetta... since she's the reason I even reserved the game XD

GOT MVP AND 10:0 KD ON 16 PLAYER BATTLE ROYALE
645b31ca1dca4622a1ec776fcda66158.png

Yes, I know I've had 6 months practice over most of the players, but I suck either way. Shut up and let me have my moment.

Edited by SuperStingray

Other than that, game is pretty cool. I like how the combo inputs are pretty much universal, meaning it's more about learning the difference of each character's execution rather than memorizing button combinations.

A bunch of people are having code issues and RubyEclipse admitted to such issues existing over at GAF. Sony-side possibly.

GOT MVP AND 10:0 KD ON 16 PLAYER BATTLE ROYALE
645b31ca1dca4622a1ec776fcda66158.png

Yes, I know I've had 6 months practice over most of the players, but I suck either way. Shut up and let me have my moment.

Oh geez are you me, haha. I made it into a completely filled Battle Royale last night and trashed everyone. I would still say I'm not very good since I haven't been playing much these last few months but it really felt good being the center of everyone's attention there.

Douglas and Bayonetta have been my mains for the past periods I've been playing the game. Douglas is pretty much a version of Jack that doesn't suck, his hits are so damn satisfying. Bayonetta feels like a combo god.

Played Survival yesterday with a Douglas (me), Big Bull and Gargoyle team online. This team is a goddamn wall of death to have on there. Those Power Ranger Gargoyles didn't stand a chance.

It's really awesome to see activity again and some newcomers to boot. I've been having a blast.

The scores are generally alright. It's not a massive game by any means and it's clearly got some rough edges but it is insanely fun and brutally awesome. I'd say it's pretty much like God Hand in that regard - and it's the closest thing to a Power Stone/God Hand-like game this generation too, the latter of which shouldn't be a surprise because you know, Clover.

Pretty much all the reviews emphasize it's great points even though it's overall a game that yearns for a lot more love and content. The multiplayer is what's going to keep this game alive really, it hasn't gotten old to me to this day.

Destructoid's 8.5 Review is a good one.