Awoo.

Anarchy Reigns (PS3, Xbox 360)

Detective Shadzter

Anarchy Reigns still under way as planned in Germany?

Anarchy Reigns still listed for 6th of July by Sega's Nordic distribution partner Pan Vision.

I'm starting to become incredibly weary about the solidity of Sega's "delay". Is it merely their own main divisions in the UK and US? I understand a lot of websites sometimes take time in changing the release dates but if their own partner in distribution doesn't bother changing the release date despite the page information saying it's been updated today, I'm becoming quite skeptical. This change has been known for over two weeks now and neither distributors or retailers here have backed down on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

This was not a Sega's E3 booth which is a shame because Platinum was everywhere it seemed.

Played the demo and man this game can be fun, especially online. A bit broken and ridiculous, but fun

Downloaded the JP demo on my PS3 yesterday. Holy hell, the online play in this game is so damn addicting. ;-;

• Thumbs Up 4

Downloaded the JP demo on my PS3 yesterday. Holy hell, the online play in this game is so damn addicting. ;-;

The only game I can get wrecked at and still enjoy XD

Since Turbo did a Let's Play on the Japanese demo that I edited up for him I should really do the smart thing and post it here.

• Thumbs Up 2

That feel when you see AAUK post in a Sega-related topic and you expect some insight on a critical situation. Lovely playthrough all the same however.

Speaking of release, despite Amazon's US division and literally every retailer out in America updating the reschedule, the European one and pretty much all other stores here haven't. Stores like Zavvi, Game, Gamestation and Play are still listing it for the same date. I'd hate to get my hopes up but christ with some of the stuff mentioned on the last page this is seriously making me nervous, it's been three weeks since the delay and no one's catching on? Pan Vision in particular told me that Sega never told them about a delay and the recent information they had was still 6th July. I'd hate to import it now and have Sega announce in a few days that it's not delayed at all here or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

That feel when you see AAUK post in a Sega-related topic and you expect some insight on a critical situation. Lovely playthrough all the same however.

• Thumbs Up 1

Xbox 360 version is (most likely) region free so these people should safely be able to play it too, except Platinum won't condone it.

Reposted for those who didn't see my edit:

Since some cats won't quote a tweet...

@PG_jp: We've been told Japanese X360 Max Anarchy is region free. However, it is for sale and use in Japan only. We can't endorse/support imports.

EDIT: So we are clear on what this means: Will it work on a US/EU console? Yeah, probably. Will I promise that? No. Will I tell you to import? No. Will I help you import? No. Will I help you if you have trouble after you import? No. No Bayo code? Your problem. Code doesn't work? Your problem. Disc was swapped for season two of Family Ties? Your problem. (But that Michael J. Fox is something, isn't he?)

Obviously, we can't stop you from importing Max Anarchy, but please understand that no one will be providing you any kind of official support outside of Japan for a Japanese game, PS3, 360, or otherwise.

"Hey AAA, my car broke down, can you come help me out?"

"What kind of car is it?"

"It's a Mercedes."

"Sorry, can't help you, we only support cars manufactured in America."

Fuck this region shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

SEGA's spammed their Twitter feed with that same message in reply to everyone's responses laugh.png

https://twitter.com/#!/sega

"Re-evaluated"? "We now expect"? They make it sound like the game isn't complete and ready to launch in the EU and US. SEGA's already had one game delayed into next year, so how the hell can they afford to delay one that's complete? Getting so sick of all of these games being delayed into 2013.

Q1 2013 is already pretty busy with big highly anticipated games, so I don't see how delaying it from July 2012 to then is going to do them any favours. They're already in a financial shit hole. Stupid decisions like this are going to make them bankrupt.

Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding me. What could possibly be holding it back? The game is done, for fuck's sake.

Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding me. What could possibly be holding it back? The game is done, for fuck's sake.

Advertising

Anarchy Reigns is in SERIOUS danger of missing everyone's eye. I hope the reason SEGA have delayed it a good 6-9 months is to launch a full-fledged marketing campaign to drum up the interest it deserves.

Advertising

Anarchy Reigns is in SERIOUS danger of missing everyone's eye. I hope the reason SEGA have delayed it a good 6-9 months is to launch a full-fledged marketing campaign to drum up the interest it deserves.

I kinda doubt they're going to do that.

Reason: It's a SEGA-published AAA game. SEGA hates making money, remember?