Awoo.

Anarchy Reigns (PS3, Xbox 360)

Detective Shadzter

EGM and GamesRadar both gave it a 6/10

One of those games you'll either love or hate. Some folks will be able to look past the gameplay flaws and appreciate the Platinum-y goodness, but more serious fighting fans will probably wish for a more defined, discernible battlefield. I tend to side more with the latter, but I managed to have some occasional fun despite my frustrations. ~EGM

Anarchy Reigns may be a case of style over substance, but if quick-and-dirty brawling is what you're in the mood for, it's guaranteed to scratch your savage itch. It's a shame that the multiplayer, which could've prolonged the game's frenetic fun, will serve as an amusing distraction. But when you just want to turn your brain off and pummel waves of baddies, it doesn't get much more gratifying or outrageously stylish than this. ~GR

I got MVP in Team Death Match today.

Not nearly as impressive as getting it in the 16 player free-for-all, but I still feel pretty damn awesome regardless.

Are we sure we are not supposed to unlock her? I mean, the code gives it to you but you need to do something to unlock her. I say this because I was playing and then a screen came out saying "character unlocked" went to see who it was and I had Bayonetta.

Are we sure we are not supposed to unlock her? I mean, the code gives it to you but you need to do something to unlock her. I say this because I was playing and then a screen came out saying "character unlocked" went to see who it was and I had Bayonetta.

no, she is a code unlock, you don't unlock her in-game

Well that's weird then, but hey at least I got her. I enjoyed using her in multiplayer and use her special moves, so satisfying.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well that's weird then, but hey at least I got her. I enjoyed using her in multiplayer and use her special moves, so satisfying.

it is satisfying.... so satisfying. Her 360 attack is a bit slow imo... but that may just be me.

still waiting on my copy in the mail.

I've waited this long. I can wait another day or two.

Bayonetta feels kind of similar to how she plays in her own game if you ask me, and that makes her really easy to pick up and have at it.  

Plus she looks good in purple, so there's that.

Edited by Pinkamina

Oh yeah it kind of is, but it's a great attack once you connect it with other moves afterwards.

I probably suck bad but, I'm willing to start playing with Stadium members now, to have fun and learn the ropes so to speak. This game doesn't seem like the type to get too stressed about, considering the ridiculousness of it all.

How on earth are you supposed to get a platinum medal on 'Mutation Marches on?'

I have tried everything and I'm still coming up short on it. I've had combos reach 120+ and it's still not enough to hit that 100,000 point mark, I've used the weapons they drop to attempt a quick finish and it's not enough.

It just feels like you're fighting such cheap enemies who can stagger lock you so easilly and the fact theres a cut scene when they enter the mission doesn't help your combos keep up either, furthermore it's just so easy to lose your combo build on this one? Is there some kind of trick to it?

Edit: Well I just did it... it took nearly 7 hours but I did it... and this is such a bullshit mission the method to do it is unbelivable.

First of all, if you play through the mission once, collect the sniper rifle and the rocket launcher that the enemies drop, but do not use them.

Complete the mission.

Re-enter the mission only this time, use your rocket launcher on the first super mutant.

When the mutant dies, the second one spawns... before you run to face him, collect his sniper rifle.

*decision time... for the ultra easy method, continue to play as normal but do not use the sniper rifles... for the 'just made it' method... continue.

Kill every mutant with the sniper rifle....

They take 2 shots to the head, you should finish with around 45,000 points. But your time bonus will be so huge it should just push you over the requirement for platinum.

If however you start with 2 sniper rifles, you should definately do this no problem.

I think this is crazy though. Here I am using my hands to take on the super mutants, getting huge combos and even found a glitch that helps in your favour. (If a 2nd mutant spawns, taking him out first will spawn the third and so on, allowing you to maintain your combo for longer as you don't waste time running to the target).

But the only way I could see to do it was this weapons trick. Only... is it not normal for games like this to reward you more if you use your hands over items?

So uh, I encountered some Cybrid Joes in the campaign mode. Are they supposed to be like the most annoying enemy in the game? At least the one that runs away like a little girl is (the one from the White Side Campaign).

Edited by King Of Awesome

Doesn't Cybrid Joe only do the "ditching battle for a breather" thing the first time you encounter him like when battling Big Bull, Zero and Oinkie? You'll have to face three of them in the fourth stage and they don't run away.

Him and Bar Bot are some desperately asked-for DLC characters. There's even two empty spots between Gargoyle and Bayonetta on the Character Select. Would fit right in.

Actually Cybrid Joe is a reference to Tiger Joe from God Hand and even the intro to his music is a remix of his theme. Pretty awesome.

The first time you encounter him in White Side, he spends most of the fight running away like a jerk. When I fought him as Jack in Black Side, he wasn't doing that so he was much easier. Didn't hurt that I had Rampage.

Why are some players in online mode able to one shot kill you?

I have been in the position where I've respawned in a game only to be instantly killed by another player several times. Not to mention the number of occasions where a player has been able to do a 'throw' move even though they're no where near me.

And just now, entered another game, absolutely going crazy against another player... but is he taking any damage no... is he guarding... nope.

And again, another player able to one hit kill.

I want to like this multiplayer, but theres just so much bullshit going on it feels like no matter how good you get at the game theres just nothing you can do because of all the crap that happens online.

Heard the Japanese players have some crazy lag. As for easily killing you, the more kills you get the stronger you get, I believe you level up to 3.

the more kills you get the stronger you get

Does nobody else think that is the most stupid idea ever.

Oh yeah we've got this one guy who got a lot of kills only now nobody can touch him... well is it an RPG? No it's a beat-em-up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't worry about it myself, the game seems like it's meant to be taken in stride. We should totally get a SSMB match going at some point.

I usually just play cage fights and team battles here and there. To me at least skills matter more on these modes than others.