Awoo.

Anarchy Reigns (PS3, Xbox 360)

Detective Shadzter

Just thought. What if they've decided to make a Wii U port?

Advertising

Anarchy Reigns is in SERIOUS danger of missing everyone's eye. I hope the reason SEGA have delayed it a good 6-9 months is to launch a full-fledged marketing campaign to drum up the interest it deserves.

This should have already been part of the plan.

I kinda doubt they're going to do that.

Reason: It's a SEGA-published AAA game. SEGA hates making money, remember?

This. The Yakuza games come out months after their Japanese release and SEGA doesn't advertise them at all.

Would love it, but it's sincerely doubtful.

I kinda doubt they're going to do that.

Reason: It's a SEGA-published AAA game. SEGA hates making money, remember?

This should have already been part of the plan.

This. The Yakuza games come out months after their Japanese release and SEGA doesn't advertise them at all.

I'm just trying to come up with a possible reason. It's the only way to make heads or tails of this development. Why SEGA seem to love losing money is beyond me.

If they make a Wii U port of this, I might as well throw out my 360. There's gonna be nothing left on there worth keeping it for!

This game is even lucky that it's still coming to the West.

Hands up anyone else who think this has been delayed like all the other games this year because of the fucking Wii-U?

This cannot be a co-incidence now, Aliens, Tomb Raider, Anarchy Reigns, Bioshock Infinate.... what else was there? All delayed to Q1 2013.

What is there coming out in Q4 2012 (other than black ops 2) which is likely to sell in the crazy numbers/be critically acclaimed in some way?

Hands up anyone else who think this has been delayed like all the other games this year because of the fucking Wii-U?

You would have had a point if the original release date wasn't 17 days from now in a fucking empty summer release schedule that Sega spectacularly failed advertising in the west. The entire summer was theirs for the taking. And they fucked it up. This is probably the biggest blunder ever made in their history of game release fuck ups.

If they don't start advertising it now, immediately, this game will bomb harder than it would have been if it was released this very moment.

• Thumbs Up 5

You would have had a point if the original release date wasn't 17 days from now in a fucking empty summer release schedule that Sega spectacularly failed advertising in the west. The entire summer was theirs for the taking. And they fucked it up. This is probably the biggest blunder ever made in their history of game release fuck ups

So why Q1 2013 then when you have all those games I just mentioned being released then? Why not Winter 2012 when people as we saw last year really splash out on the games?

I think hogfather has a point. Especially with P 100 coming out....maybe Platinum...with a lot of other IPs from different companies feel that the WII U has potential. To be honest 2012 is pretty empty in the game department. At this point I wish Sonic Generations had gotten delayed and released this Christmas (joke)...

2012 is preety goddamn empty in the gaming department. I think people are just a tad upset that they are simply not getting what they want NOW. I'm sure the game has a good shot attracting extra interest if it gets a Wii U release.

Edited by Voyant

You fucking kidding me? Yeah, I'll probably look into imports.

Even though it'll be more expensive. Damnit.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

I'm not going to import the game. I mean, seriously? Why are you guys importing the game? Do you know how expensive it is to import this game? This game may not be worth the money!

It sucks it has been delayed, but it's still coming to us. The hype will rise again when we get close to the release.

Anybody see any promotion for this game? I didn't think so.

Is this game even being released in America anymore?

I am not even surprised...

So about this import thing...how does it work again?

I'm not going to import the game. I mean, seriously? Why are you guys importing the game? Do you know how expensive it is to import this game? This game may not be worth the money!

It sucks it has been delayed, but it's still coming to us. The hype will rise again when we get close to the release.

If it was a single player game I could wait, but I prefer to play multiplayer games while the population is fresh.

If it was a single player game I could wait, but I prefer to play multiplayer games while the population is fresh.

...you do know the only population you'll be playing are the Japanese?

I'll wait till 2013 too...I prefer to keep my money and not spending it in something that's going to come here anyways

Edited by Seraphinprincess

...you do know the only population you'll be playing are the Japanese?

もんだいですか? Besides, it's not like I talk to people playing online. I just want to be ahead of the curve when it comes out stateside.

Edited by SuperStingray

This game may not be worth the money!

>Made by Platinum Games

>Not worth the money

OpoQQ.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

>Made by Platinum Games

>Not worth the money

OpoQQ.jpg

First of all, I said may because none of us played the game yet (demo doesn't count).

But I'm not holding you guys back. I was just shocked. If you are willing to pay $90 plus shipping on this game then fine by me. I'm patient, and I'll wait for the game to arrive in 2013.

But I'm not holding you guys back. I was just shocked. If you are willing to pay $90 plus shipping on this game then fine by me. I'm patient, and I'll wait for the game to arrive in 2013.

Jeez, you're getting pretty snappy about this. Just let others spend their money without belittling them; I don't really see what the big deal is. >.>

I'm probably not going to import, but for future reference, how would I go about doing that if I ain't got any yens?

Jeez, you're getting pretty snappy about this. Just let others spend their money without belittling them; I don't really see what the big deal is. >.>

I'm probably not going to import, but for future reference, how would I go about doing that if I ain't got any yens?

you effectively use a japanese middleman or "Proxy Site" as they're called, Treasure Japan is a good one with rates.

however if you buy from a place like Amazon.jp you'd have to buy straight up, but then you get the middleman fee too aswell as shipping (if its not free, you have to pay for the shipping to the proxy people THEN pay shipping to get them to ship it to you)

it can get expensive, but there are so many different middlemen services out there, its all about finding the right one.

:EDIT:

let me show you how it works

when bidding on an auction site like ebay.jp or Yahoo auctions it works like this

you set your maximum bid you'd be willing to go for, and they bid on your behalf, depending on the service you chose to go through with some request you to pay a "Deposit" which is often a fraction of the price you where willing to go to, normally 1/4 of the price, some services don't charge you at all, and others request more...anyway.

if you win you'll end up paying for Item > Shipping to Proxy Warehouse > Proxy's service fee > bank charges (some auctions have these, but they rarely ever come up) then they send an e-mail where you then have to make a request for an invoice (this is free) they make up an invoice and send it, with their shipping quote, you pay it and they send it out.

Fixed Prices from online shops etc. works differently

you pay up front for the item or they don't get it, you pay their service charge > shipping to warehouse then request invoice, they send you the total shipping quote, you pay it and send it out.

thats how Treasure works, like i said it depends on the services really.

the plus for Treasure are...

they can hold your items up to 30 days, but this limit extends the more you use their service, effectively the 30 day limit resets to another 30 days from when the next item gets to the warehouse

you pay 1/5th of the total bid price when using their auction system

they reply fast, and submit re-bid applications that you basically request your next top bid, without paying extra this cuts down frustration in heated auction battles.

they speak perfect english and always answer questions.

Edited by Peacock

If a Japanese demo has been able to take up so many hours of my free time, more than most games in this day and age fail to do to with me, I very damn well know my purchase will be worth it. I'm honestly sick of waiting on Sega's bullshit, and this is the first time I genuinely don't want to wait for what is possibly my game of the year in the making.

Besides, over here the dollar currency is worth shit. I'm importing with 2-day shipping and I only pay slightly more than a regular game goes for here. Considering how packed the demo was, I'll have a good time playing with other people in general. The game will thrive on its community above all else and when it comes in the West, I'll pick it back up.

The thing that really bothers me is that I know they're not going to do a damn thing to advertise it still. They're just going to send it out to die, since every other damn game is already releasing in Q1 2013. Released now, it would at least have a chance because, the only other major console game released anywhere near it would be Spider-Man.