Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

I see, well Ill just skip this and wait until the next Devil May Cry comes out with the Dante that I know and love.

I see, well Ill just skip this and wait until the next Devil May Cry comes out with the Dante that I know and love.

Keep dreaming! tongue.png

I am getting sick of the people who are not fans calling the people who are fans, "fanboys."

It is not just about the hair. It is not just the new characterization. It has a shit ton to do with the simplified combat and the completely different setting. "Oh, Devil May Cry needed something new." No, the fuck it didn't. It needed to flesh out what it already had. There was nothing wrong with DMC4 and it sure wasn't bland. Devil May Cry Reshit has become what the new Ninja Gaiden game is: A bunch of bullshit. I understand trying to expand to a wider audience, but some genres do not have to be overgeneralized like FPS games. Some genres need diversity in difficulty and concept. I do not want to play another God of War clone. God of War is great, Darksiders is good, Dante's Inferno is meh, but Werehog is shit.

That is why we Devil May cry fans hate the game and by extension, Ninja Theory.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 8

I am getting sick of the people who are not fans calling the people who are fans, "fanboys."

It is not just about the hair. It is not just the new characterization. It has a shit ton to do with the dumbed-down combat and the completely different setting. "Oh, Devil May Cry needed something new." No, the fuck it didn't. It needed to flesh out what it already had. There was nothing wrong with DMC4 and it sure wasn't bland. Devil May Cry Reshit has become what the new Ninja Gaiden game is: A bunch of bullshit. I understand trying to expand to a wider audience, but some genres do not have to be overgeneralized like FPS games. Some genres need diversity in difficulty and concept. I do not want to play another God of War clone. God of War is great, Darksiders is good, Dante's Inferno is meh, but Werehog is shit.

That is why we Devil May cry fans hate the game and by extension, Ninja Theory.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Bayonetta sold a million which is better than anything Sega has put out and that's with the extremely limited advertising it received.

Not only that, the game was critically acclaimed and was met with as much love as God of War and Ninja Gaiden. This was a completely new IP.

• Thumbs Up 2

And, here's an article that is definitely written by an article with no brain cells whatsoever.
496ad0af_yo-dawg-xzibit-48.jpeg

In all seriousness though, I couldn't make it past the first two paragraphs because I couldn't stand the pretentious wankery even that long. Anyone brave enough to tl;dr it?

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm assuming instead of purchasing this new DMC I should just get the HD Collection?

This is coming from someone who has played some of the games, but never owned them.

So I'm assuming instead of purchasing this new DMC I should just get the HD Collection?

This is coming from someone who has played some of the games, but never owned them.

Yes, but skip DMC2 at all costs.

• 1 month later...

Picked up the new issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK. Here's their preview of DmC:

jyOdF.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scan, it's Official PlayStation Magazine UK Issue 071 June 2012.

Also picked up the new issue of Official Xbox Magazine UK. Here's their preview of DmC:

iUDpM.jpg

PbwK6.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scans, it's Official Xbox Magazine UK Issue 86 June 2012.

I don't give a fuck what those previewers think. I don't know what the hell the remember about DMC, but the DMC I remember was anything, but simple.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2

DmC plays more like a sequel to Devil May Cry than it does Devil May Cry 3 or 4

scale back the switching between guns

funnier, better-writen and better-acted

W1Rx0.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

nv46pw.jpg

When is the last time they played DMC? It and DMC 3 encouraged weapon switching quite a bit. I loved the variety in those two, and that's why DmC is a huge disappointment.

Not to mention the 30fps (with drops and a metric ton of tearing) when every DMC has been solid 60fps fast paced action. Or the tryhard anti-establishment generic rebel Dante persona vs. the cocky yet charming demon hunter that takes no fucks from generic boss speeches in incredibly choreographed cutscenes.

Setting, characters, gameplay, technical prowess... it just doesn't appear to live up to its predecessors in any field. The scenario art does look good but I'm confident the Unreal Engine will take care of that. Oh, maybe the music will be great.

Unfortunately the terrible RE: Raccoon City was a success so I expect this crap to sell and a sequel greenlighted instead of a proper DMC..

Edited by Dobkeratops

I'm not gonna watch that interview. I don't want my brain to melt from Ninja Theory's stupidity more than it already has.

Setting, characters, gameplay, technical prowess... it just doesn't appear to live up to its predecessors in any field. The scenario art does look good but I'm confident the Unreal Engine will take care of that. Oh, maybe the music will be great.

And the depressing thing is, I know for sure that UE3 can be used to create spectacular and colourful environments, and it even has a global illumination lightmapper, but devs keep forgetting to use it in favor of 'real is brown', as desaturated environments are supposed to disguise the lack of GI. For Christ's sake, when fucking iPhone games (such as The Dark Meadow and both Infinity Blade titles) look better than a AAA game, you know something's wrong.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

At least the producers are enthusiastic about making it.

There is a lot of hate for this game!blink.png

In before anyone else:

misc-you-dont-say.png

Don't post pointless things like these. If you're posting just to use some pointless image macro and not contributing, don't post at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

At least the producers are enthusiastic about making it.

Don't post pointless things like these. If you're posting just to use some pointless image macro and not contributing, don't post at all.

No seriously why the hate for this game? I don't get it? ohmy.png

No seriously why the hate for this game? I don't get it? ohmy.png

Have you even looked at most of the posts in this topic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Have you even looked at most of the posts in this topic?

Yes, I have I have even posted in this topic before, maybe hate isn't the right, cynicism perhaps?

Sorry if my last post like spam but I don't get why this game is already getting some much heavy criticism maybe because it isn't related to previous games in series? If that is the case that doesn't mean the game is going to flat out suck. huh.png

It just doesn't look fun to me. Other games have come and done a much better job. I also have no faith in Ninja Theory.

It just doesn't look fun to me. Other games have come and done a much better job. I also have no faith in Ninja Theory.

I currently waiting for the DMC HD Collection to arrive, I have DMC 4 but really played much once I have the HD Collection I will play the whole series.

Having read though the topic a bit I can see why the fans of this series feel like they do. I guess rebooting the series is a bad move, I believe before making Resident Evil 6 Capcom were going to reboot the Resident Evil series and spend 5 years working but I guess they had other plans.

For also what I have that they are better Games in this genre? Was DMC 4 that bad that people have low expections?mellow.png

The reason for all these questions is I am trying to get into this series.smile.png