Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

I still don't have much hope for this game but visually it does look good. That's one thing I like about it. Except that, it just seems slow. Maybe because this still isn't the final game. I don't know.

I have to be honest, I actually liked that gameplay footage in how "Dante" was fighting being almost reminiscent of Nero. That's pretty much the only good thing I'm giving the game, because aside from that I'm still disappointed at how the character and continuity was altered.

If I'm to give anything in this game credit, it's that the art design is pretty fabulous, something Ninja Theory have always been rather good at. Enslaved is up there as one of my favorite designs in a video game this generation and their ability to craft scenery still holds well.

That said I still think this is way too far removed from DMC to even be called a DMC game, and after expecting Dante to have much to prove after Platinum made Bayonetta, this is straight up backward. The combat feels bland, especially when Platinum is now churning out Metal Gear Rising which looks more like a DMC game than this will ever be.

I don't like how much trouble our new 'Dante' seems to be having with those mooks. Also, what's with the constant flying into the air? He looks a little too old to be playing 'the floor is made of lava'. A little.

Because this is Dante:

okay

so what part of this game shows that they're not the same dante

like I said, he's said about three lines. For all we know he could be just as wildly retarded.

okay

so what part of this game shows that they're not the same dante

like I said, he's said about three lines. For all we know he could be just as wildly retarded.

I think it's exactly that fact that makes him wildly different from the real Dante to begin with, really.

I think it's exactly that fact that makes him wildly different from the real Dante to begin with, really.

Except this Dante makes no noise at all. Not even grunts or yells when he's attacking. That either means they don't have his lines put into the game fully yet, only where they need to show some story in trailers, or they went a really weird route because essentially every game has at least some type of sound coming from the characters.

I don't like how much trouble our new 'Dante' seems to be having with those mooks. Also, what's with the constant flying into the air? He looks a little too old to be playing 'the floor is made of lava'. A little.

What trouble? I didn't see him get once, he was too busy slashing, juggling and shooting.

What trouble? I didn't see him get once, he was too busy slashing, juggling and shooting.

It only took him about ten years to kill one enemy.

Except this Dante makes no noise at all. Not even grunts or yells when he's attacking. That either means they don't have his lines put into the game fully yet, only where they need to show some story in trailers, or they went a really weird route because essentially every game has at least some type of sound coming from the characters.

Fair enough.

The game looks pretty shit, but I still can't get over how it's called Devil May Cry and not something else. Naming an entirely new installment after the original game is the single most pretentious thing. I really don't get why companies are doing this, it's one of my biggest personal peeves.

• Thumbs Up 1

What Dissident said- it takes him ages to kill even one of them. I'm fine with enemies taking ages if they're actually challenging, but as you said- he's constanly slashing, juggling and shooting the things- and nothing's happening. Even the ones that attacked while the juggling was going on were easy to dodge because they were slow and telegraphed.

I mean, I'm all for giving games a chance but... this doesn't seem to be the Devil May Cry I know and love.

...And for the love of God, can SOMEONE please tell Dante to cheer up!

Games gonna be good ya'll just some hateeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzz! :P That's all mang!

(Actually this looks like a boring pile of shit in my opinion)

• Thumbs Up 1

It's pretty hard to take this game seriously in a post Bayonetta world- it looks like shite in comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuck DMC2 looks like a pretty plausible entry to the series compared to this.

Wait what? Did my eyes just read that?

Y'know, with expectations lower than the IQ of an average Twilight fan, there's no way the final game won't pleasantly surprise us when it's out.

We're through the looking glass here, folks.

Story department? Considering Ninja Theory's reputation in that department, possibly, but I'm not holding my breath. Gameplay? They're not exactly so good with that, unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/04/dmc-devil-may-cry-squarely-competing-with-bayonetta-in-gameplay/

Pfft...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Gah, sorry, lemme catch my breath...

... PFFTBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Seriously, though, I'm seeing a rather consistent pattern of laughter in both the article comments and on the TvTropes forums.)

Let it be noted that the DmC rips off Bayonetta's idea of purgatory being the area in which the enemies reside, except it's called Limbo in this game. Wow, they did not even try at all.