Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

Let it be noted that the DmC rips off Bayonetta's idea of purgatory being the area in which the enemies reside, except it's called Limbo in this game. Wow, they did not even try at all.

I love how almost all of the comments are basically the same as what Masaru posted.

Pretty much. this is the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard, ahahahaha and the only thing they'll match is ripping off Purgatorio! I've been playing bayonetta all week grinding chapters to unlock the nunchucks and Jeanne, after having finished it on infinite climax.... i'll be very surprised if DmC is anywhere near that good/replayable

• Thumbs Up 1

Story department? Considering Ninja Theory's reputation in that department, possibly, but I'm not holding my breath. Gameplay? They're not exactly so good with that, unfortunately.

Ninja Theory's writing abilities might get in the way, it is after all pretty hard to intentionally do camp unless you go all in.

And if they don't do camp it's not going to work by virtue of how unlikable their character designs are.

Ninja Theory's writing abilities might get in the way, it is after all pretty hard to intentionally do camp unless you go all in.

And if they don't do camp it's not going to work by virtue of how unlikable their character designs are.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

This game just keeps sinking lower and lower IMO. I think they've become delusional. The videos have so far shown the game off to be bland and uninspired, and definitely not very fun looking. It looks slow and clunky and while I concede that the whole environmental shifting thing is a rather cool idea, the way it has been utilized thus far in these videos has been tacky and makes me wonder why they were touting it before. The whole thing just reeks and it looks to be nowhere close to Bayonetta in terms of quality.

Yeah, I don't believe that capcom is in charge of the combat unless the completely gone off the rails and forgot how they made DMC4.

• 1 month later...

*sigh*.....

I just don't know why

We already know that Dante is half angel and half demon, and has been described as a “street brawler,” due to having grown up on the streets and fending for himself. Now, we also know that he spent the majority of his youth in various institutions, orphanages, youth correction facilities and foster homes. The catch is, most of these were run by demons and usually involved torture of some sort.

As a result, Dante has grown up with no respect for society and authority, and a hatred of demons in particular, despite being half-demon himself. Capcom say that Dante takes the side of the underdog in what he sees as an unfair society.

there's also some new Screens and also some Artwork of Ebony & Ivory and Rebellion, but Fuck it. Alternate canon or not, I hate it.

I find it hilarious that they want this to be taken as a serious storyline.

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 1

I... What. Ugh. And they claim to be good writers.

There's a general consensus going on in the TvTropes forum discussion for this game - this game looks like it's gonna play like ass, Tameem is talking out of his ass, and Ninja Theory seem to desperately want to make movies instead of games.

I've also heard that their stories aren't even that good, and their gameplay is even mediocre at best. In short, Ninja Theory are overated developers who seem to carry some kind of wannabe Auteur Licence despite being unable to make a game that doesn't bomb.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I... What. Ugh. And they claim to be good writers.

Plot =/= Writing. Enslaved had a pretty meh plot with interesting writing altogether, even though the characters' personalities fluctuated way too often.

• 1 month later...

Gameplay looks DMC4'ish so I haven't got much to say on it. I'll admit the end of the trailer made me chuckle a bit. My thoughts on this new Dante after that trailer. He just feels very, Hollywood'ish but not in a good way. While i'm not really liking the new Dante all that much i'll give the game a fair chance. Maybe it could be decent but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer21

Yeah, no. It looks like they're trying to capture the magic of the original games, but flying way off the mark.

... And the old "object obscuring his penis" joke? Seriously?

And Donte is still a prat.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I prefer the term Non-Canon Fuckvomit.

LOL, to me its just a excuse to call it something other than a reboot. wink.png

So not only is Dante now a Street brawling Punk Rock Half Human/Half Angel/Half Demon that is Hated by his Parents and who grew up in Orphanages run by Demons, but now he is also a Sexual Deviant who is into BDSM (Judging by the Marks on the back) and is Hunted by the Goverment, lead by Not!Bill O' Reilly

....I just....wow.........where is my Vodka?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to play the game. Whether or not I like the new Dante, i'm gonna see if the reboot is worth it gameplay wise. The original series will always be my favorite (Execpt DMC2. Curse that game. >_<) But i'm willing to give the game a chance.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer21

The usual UE3 vaseline filter feels fitting, considering the ass-rape the franchise is enduring.

They kind of got the level of ridiculousness but I really have no way to end this sentence. There's no showmanship. He's just being a prat. That's how it's been since they revealed this game.