Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR! IT INNOVATED BEYOND IT'S PREDECESSORS INTO SOMETHING UNIMAGINABLE! GOOD JOB NINJA THEORY...

Are these faggots going to stop bullshitting and make Heavenly Sword 2... hopefully a better one than the first.... FAGGOTS!

I know you are joking, but Heavenly Sword was innovative back in 2007. Not so much now.

Also, cause I glanced over this, I want to retype it so to tell my eyes to stop trippin'.

The next actual DMC game was supposed to be a prequel about Sparda. It would detail the origins of Yamato, his battle with Mundus, and how he met Eva, but the project was canned before it ever got off the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EenmjYW6Rhc&feature=related

Edited by turbojet

I know you are joking, but Heavenly Sword was innovative back in 2007. Not so much now.

Eh? I just want a Heavenly Sword 2, couldn't give a fuck less about it's innovation, but that's just me. The first one felt really clunky to me, so if that's how this game is gonna play then wow, I feel bad for actual DMC fans. They'd have to have done some major improvements, because HS had some fucked up flaws.

Edited by Silencer226

Shit, that prequel would have been fucking awesome. I always wanted to play as the actual Sparda, ruining all the other demons' shit. I have to say, about this, I don't really like the design of the new demon enemies either, there's just something off about them. I know they're always outlandish, but they're not quite right. They look like robots.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

• 4 weeks later...

I see from the trailer that Little Nicky is supposed to be an inverted Dante in terms of colors. However even with the correct colors it's still a horrid design.

If this does play like Heavenly Sword then count me out. Not like that's the only reason I had not to buy this.

The Colors look good, and the altering structures seems cool but that's about all I really do like. The combat looks just as unenjoyable since the last time I saw it, and those slow-mo close up finishers are straight up annoying. Just like in Enslaved.

Edited by Balding Spider

Here are Heavenly Sword combos for those that are curious.

Now compare the shit Nariko does to Dante and you will see why DMC fans are raging.

The enemies look like they just stand around.

Yup. Pretty much par for a DmC game's basic enemies. Also, don't forget that there will be traditional fifty or so higher difficulty levels to unlock.

As angry as I was when this game was first announced and shown, I'm actually extremely excited for it now. The gameplay for this younger Dante looks like a mix between both Dante and Nero from DMC4, what with having both a grapple and multiple weapons. The graphics look even better than DMC4, and I'm really enjoying the new direction the music has taken. Hell, I've even warmed up to Dante's character redesign! There was never really anything bad about it in the first place, other than the fact it wasn't what I was expecting.

DMC1 is still my favorite in the series, with DMC4 being my second favorite, and DMC3 being third. DMC2 doesn't even deserve an honorable mention. I'm looking forward to how DmC stakes up against its predecessors.

Edit: Also, who else is going to play this game just pretending that New Dante is Johnny the Homicidal Maniac?

Edited by Legendary Emerald

I dunno which game is hated more on youtube: This game or Spyro Skylanders. I'm not a fan of the DMC series but the game looks pretty good IMO. I don't understand why it's getting so much hatred apart from the new look.

I dunno which game is hated more on youtube: This game or Spyro Skylanders. I'm not a fan of the DMC series but the game looks pretty good IMO. I don't understand why it's getting so much hatred apart from the new look.

Because when People think of DMC, they think this:

and this

from what I know, this DmC will use a different Engine then previous DMC's, wich allowed them to run at a fast Framerate, not to Mention how the New Dante seems nothing like the One Everyone knows and Loves (that being, a Snarky and Badass Demon Hunter who is Campy as all hell and Loves Killing his Enemies in the most stylish way Possible).

The fact that it's apparently lacking the Humor I grew to Love about the Series makes me dislike this game even more.

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 5

Not to mention that the engine they are using is essentially an upgraded Heavenly Sword engine that even after 7 years you can still see some glitches within the gameplay demo such as enemies getting launched too high so Dante is pretty much juggling air and the complete over reliance on air combos. Did I mention that the combos used look eerily too similar to Heavenly Sword?

Can't speak for the rest of the series, but this game looks like nothing but generic combo spamming.

Of course, this is going to sell really well regardless of the ire it's drawn.

Can't speak for the rest of the series, but this game looks like nothing but generic combo spamming.

Of course, this is going to sell really well regardless of the ire it's drawn.

Not to mention that the engine they are using is essentially an upgraded Heavenly Sword engine that even after 7 years you can still see some glitches within the gameplay demo such as enemies getting launched too high so Dante is pretty much juggling air and the complete over reliance on air combos. Did I mention that the combos used look eerily too similar to Heavenly Sword?

If only Capcom outsourced MT. Framework. It's ridiculous that they have such a great engine on their hands but they refuse to let any other dev, western or otherwise, use it. If Ninja Theroy were building this in MT they would probably be a lot closer to DMC