Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

To be honest I think at this point you guys are just TRYING A BIT TO HARD to find something to hate. I see NO PROBLEM picking shit at fox news....because well....Fox News is shit.

The problem is not the idea, but the execution.

Imagine I put Obama in my latest AAA title and all he does is babble like a blithering idiot and then the "endorsed by Obama" thing pops up. Is that clever? Is it funny? Because I do not agree with his policy, I've equated the President of the United States with a newborn child, put on my sunglasses, and told him to deal with it. Is this how we argue against stupidity, corruption, greed, or whatever? Just tell them they're morons and I win?

You can not condense something as nuanced as political agendas into one big stupid strawman and declare your argument the victor. It's pitiful when the presidential candidates do it, and it's pitiful here. If you're right in challenging someone's beliefs, you need not disrespect your audience's intelligence with ham-fisted writing, imagery, and so on. Idiots have a habit of making themselves known by their actions. You do not need to paint a caricature of idiocy to get your point across, you need only to hold a mirror to it.

That's of course assuming that political satire has any place in a series about pizza-loving goofballs beating the crap out of demons. I'll let the more hardcore fans decide that.

(sorry if that went nowhere. I'm writing this in a hurry).

Edited by Soma
  • Thumbs Up 6

Honestly, my main hate is in the story. Not too fond of reboots and the likes that end up doing things like totally remaking the whole appearance of the character, and remaking certain backgrounds of said character.

Also not fond of being lied to, being told at the beginning that this was to be set before DMC1 with Dante being a young teenager before dropping the ball that this this is in an alternate setting and such.

To be honest I think at this point you guys are just TRYING A BIT TO HARD to find something to hate. I see NO PROBLEM picking shit at fox news....because well....Fox News is shit.

Somewhere in the development process, someone should have held up their hand and asked if the development team of a game with a self-insert douchenozzle of a main character stopping from the mindless action to give phoned-in satire of modern political discourse was actually as clever as they thought it was; because when you do something that pretentious all you end up doing is vindicating the thing you are making fun of.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 9

adding to the Previous Points, I have to Ask this Question

Why, out of all the Possible Video Game Franchsies you could've possibly picked, do you chose Devil May Cry for your Political and Social Commentary? Not to mention such Poorly done one at that

Sure, Fox News, Bill 'O Reilly, Glenn Beck and whoever else deserve to be mocked and Spoofed, but why would anyone think a Series like Devil May Cry is a suitable Platform for this, considering noone of the Other installments resorted to Take Thats of Populer Media?

I mean, I can understand you wanna voice your Opinions on stuff like that, but when I think DMC, I think of Parties Getting CUHAYZEEEEE and not of Politics.

it Just seems so forced, like imagine if Mario took a second from Stomping on Goombas to go talk about the Economy, or if your Pokemon had a Debate about todays Youth at random, it Just seems so Pointless and gratutios, Just let me Kill Demons/Stomp Goombas/Catch 'em All and not have not_Bill_o_Reilly go on about how Dante is into BDSM.

DMC, to me, is about Having fun, having CUHAYZEEEE Parties and getting Loads 'n Loads of SSS Ranks. Spoofing Fox News is Fine, they suck and can go Blow a Whale, but I think with a series such as DMC they really dropped the Ball to the point of Absudity.

oh Right, Vergil was using a Gun in that Trailer, I would be Crying Bloody Murder, but if I were to point out every little Out of Character thing in this Game so Far, I would be here all Week.

• Thumbs Up 6

Pokemon had a Debate about todays Youth at random

If you think that this stuff doesn't happen you should talk to more old npcs.

Edited by Tmsp

If you think that this stuff doesn't happen you should talk to more old npcs.

I think he means less "get off my lawn" and more "pay my Social Security" style conversations.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

If the comments are anything to go by theres gonna be DLC, though some wrote down it was on disc DLC again.

I will say this right now, I never played much of any DMC games and my closest experiment with Dante was in UMVC3.

Ok, now that this out of the way I must say that I'm very interested in this from what I've seen, not a day 1 since I will not have many money in the release month, but will still get it.

Before I get this, I may try the other DMC for the PS2 once again, but that will not influence my purchase for this one.

Edited by Tmsp

Youtube Version of the Eurogamer Stream of this Abnomination Abortion Putrid "Game" for those that Missed it (starts at around 2:24)

If the comments are anything to go by theres gonna be DLC, though some wrote down it was on disc DLC again.

they said there wouldn't be any On-Disc DLC, but I have the Hunch that they are Bullshitting and there will be some On Disc-stuff anyway

AngryJoe asked about this at E3 and it was told that if DLC are planned, it will not be on-disc. Yet again, we are talking about Capcom here. Who knows.

I will say this right now, I never played much of any DMC games and my closest experiment with Dante was in UMVC3.

Ok, now that this out of the way I must say that I'm very interested in this from what I've seen, not a day 1 since I will not have many money in the release month, but will still get it.

Before I get this, I may try the other DMC for the PS2 once again, but that will not influence my purchase for this one.

Since you have a PS3 I highly suggest picking up the DMC HD collection and maybe DMC4 if you can find it for cheap.

Why are people looking forward to this? It's baffling. It's all like "hey, here's a big dumb stupid action game with a jerk-face as its centerpiece!" and the gaming community is like "1000000/10."

Like, even if this wasn't a Devil May Cry game, I don't see why anyone would want to touch it with a ten-foot pole when we have games like God of War and Bayonetta.

Edited by Soma

Why are people looking forward to this? It's baffling. It's all like "hey, here's a big dumb stupid action game with a jerk-face as its centerpiece!" and the gaming community is like "1000000/10."

Like, even if this wasn't a Devil May Cry game, I don't see why anyone would want to touch it with a ten-foot pole when we have games like God of War and Bayonetta.

This game looks bloody amazing, I bet it will shit on Bayonetta, count on it! I like the characters design it reeks of creativity and getting in touch with todays hipster fad. Overall an excellent change of pace for a stagnant video game series. The combat seems very fluid too, and the plot is oozing with creative ideas, genius level even.

I die a little bit on the inside every time I see this game.

Then I play Bayonetta and the pain goes away.

This game looks bloody amazing, I bet it will shit on Bayonetta, count on it! I like the characters design it reeks of creativity and getting in touch with todays hipster fad. Overall an excellent change of pace for a stagnant video game series. The combat seems very fluid too, and the plot is oozing with creative ideas, genius level even.

tameem how did you get an account on ssmb.

tameem how did you get an account on ssmb.

Ha ha ha, my little purple minx, I've always been here, watching... stalking... doing the opposite of what you like for this game and laughing to the bank. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if this post is serious or not.

• Thumbs Up 5

Eh, I've played Bayo to death. This and Metal Gear Rising will probably be my fix. I think it looks enjoyable, but I've never really been attached to the DMC franchise so I dunno.

You know I'd be more open to this game if the dialogue wasn't so poor and the combat didn't do it's damndest to remind me so much of Enslaved's combat mechanics which was easily the worst part of that game.

This game looks bloody amazing, I bet it will shit on Bayonetta, count on it!

You really expect this game to beat out Bayonetta. A game that actually lets you wield gun-chucks, and sucker punch gods into the sun? Pull my other leg.

Edited by Balding Spider