Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

Jesus, Dante isn't even fun anymore. All serious and shit. The hell is this?

As someone who has never played the DMC series and has a copy of the first DMC that has been sitting on his shelf for an entire year now in backlog limbo, I must say that looks like shit and I must now cleanse myself buy playing the original.

Ugh, I'll be honest, most of my hate for this still is based on the fact that Dante looks and acts nothing like the original son of Sparda. Also that chick will probably be more annoying than DMC4's Kyrie simply because she has more screen time.

As for the gameplay... eh, I've seen worst from DMC-clones and I'll give Ninja Theory the benefit of the doubt for now. This is obviously one of the early missions and hopefully there are several cooler weapons, moves and combos to unlock and discover by the end of the game.

I'm so conflicted.

I want to be a bigger man and give the game the benefit of the doubt as it might be a very good game. But I just see that...thing and...just...blagh!

The cool white hair, fun loving attitude, long red coat, twin guns and an awesome sword all with cool names. It's all gone...What about his voice? Is it the same actor? I'm not sure if it will suit this "blagh" look of his. I can't even bring myself to view those videos.

I don't usually let reviewers decide what I should and shouldn't play, but with this game, I don't think I have a choice. If they say that it's the most awesomist game of awesomeness that would crap awesomeness. Then I might consider it...

New Gameplay Vignette, this time: Dante feels so Trapped in this Pursuit and he Has to Escape

If there's something i can't dislike about this game, it's the world, the whole limbo distortion thing, it's absolutely amazing.

Is it just me, or is Dante extremely slow?

Probably just you. He's a lot faster in the video that he was in games like DMC3 at full speed (and that wasn't noticable given how closed the levels were most of the time), less so than DMC 4 when "Run/Sprint" was activated, but not by much.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I dunno, for such a scene, he felt like he was taking a fucking morning jog.

I'd a loved that scene if it had some actual adrenaline pumping speed, y'know, a reason for me to stay on the edge of my seat. But, it just felt like stuff was happening, and...I didn't seem to worried about failing, or something, because it was happening at such a painfully slow pace.

But the aesthetics are wonderfully done.

This game in general just feels slow. The combat doesn't feel fast or fluid from the videos, and it just seems bland. The art style for the environments seems okay enough, the use of colour is a plus I can get behind - however it always feels SO EMPTY. There seems to be barely any enemies, and is it just me or does Dante seem to talk as if he is having trouble getting out his words? Like everything about this feels off to me, disregarding the fact that it is Devil May Cry. Taking the whole Devil May Cry thing out of the equation this still looks/feels like an incompetent game. If they want to push the tension in those world bending segments they should really make it faster paced and/or make Dante look like he is actually having difficulties. As someone else has stated he seems to just kinda be strollin' through there.

The game looks boring and dull. I will though give it props for the colour, and the world bending idea is at the very least a neat one - but the game itself looks terrible. Add into the mix that this is supposed to be Devil May Cry and that just ups the terrible factor some more. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but I've never been a fan of Ninja Theory's games.

Meh, I think it looks alright. Nothing special, nothing terrible either. The world bending thing is a cool mechanic and could be very interesting later on in the game.

But honestly, I think this game signed its own death sentence a long time ago.

But honestly, I think this game signed its own death sentence a long time ago.

Bringing new meaning to the phrase, "Dante must die!" ...?

Good Dante, you look kind of cool!

derpte.jpg

Now he's "FABULOUS MAX!"

Edit: And with that I have reached 1300 posts. :D

Edited by FrostySilencer
  • Thumbs Up 5

I like how we've heard about three lines from the guy, all in a mostly neutral tone, and people are screaming "DAMNTE IZ ALL EMOS NOW"

No, really, looks totally define a character entirely yeah that's a thing.

I can understand some other points but seriously guys

• Thumbs Up 1

Most of us are anime fans. We are used to that kind of look. What we aren't used to is the idea that they took an already established character and made him into someone else's image.

I don't even care about him "looking emo".

His hair makes him look like he's a high school dropout.

Looks like a toupee to me, worst hair texture ever.

I don't even care about him "looking emo".

His hair makes him look like he's a high school dropout.

At least he doesn't look like he has Anorexia anymore . _ .

I like how we've heard about three lines from the guy, all in a mostly neutral tone, and people are screaming "DAMNTE IZ ALL EMOS NOW"

No, really, looks totally define a character entirely yeah that's a thing.

I can understand some other points but seriously guys

Because this is Dante:

I hated this game from the start because of the bastardization of Devil May Cry, but seeing crappy, slow, choppy gameplay makes me feel more justified.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

New Gameplay Vignette up, and this time Dante has a Secret for us!

Secret 1 Being that this here is a new Secret Area, wich Dante can access via Hidden Portals

Secret 2

I still think this Game's gonna Blow

Edited by Mr. NinjaReindeer