Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I would have liked to have seen the resolution to Silver's traitor arc, I would haves liked to have seen Elias take back, I would have liked to have seen where the Nagus subplot would have gone, I would have liked to have seen what would have real been Knuckles' "comeback" arc. But none of these stories were completed and it served as a shitty sendoff to the old continuity. So having a arc that doesn't just teeter of and die is very nice

Agreed I just wished the old continuity got a proper send off instead just rebooting it abruptly but oh well atleast we still have hedgehog tales to look forward to just to see where this was going but there's a part of me that is kinda glad its not resolved. I know I'm sounding like a broken record at this point but with all the drama that occurred with the fanbase post genesis and with SEGA getting more involved with the comics as of late I think a reboot was probably inevitable

Agreed I just wished the old continuity got a proper send off instead just rebooting it abruptly but oh well atleast we still have hedgehog tales to look forward to just to see where this was going but there's a part of me that is kinda glad its not resolved. I know I'm sounding like a broken record at this point but with all the drama that occurred with the fanbase post genesis and with SEGA getting more involved with the comics as of late I think a reboot was probably inevitable

Just still would've been nice if at least we got a Sonic X-like sendoff, half assed but still a sense of closure.

Iam all for the reboot, like you guys said it wouldve been great to have had a proper send off for the old continuity, if Penders really gave a shit about his characters and legacy in the comics then he shouldve done this long ago I mean come on since before 160 weve had Ian so that way back in 2005/6 then SC:TDB came out in 2008 and all blew up from there

Btw do we know if that SU arc of Underground is ever gonna see the light of day?

One SU Arc I'd love to have seen wouldve been that after the 2nd Genesis wave that it created or left 1 dimension left existing and that the occupence from that dimension came to the new reboot world... the dimension being the Fleetway Universe I know it sounds stupid but it be cool to see Archies gang go against the Fleetway gang especially seeing Bunny vs Shortfuse the cybernik, you couldve even had Richard Elson guest artist/pencilled the Fleetway gang. I dunno just a nice arc to follow that Archie vs Fleetway pic at Summer of Sonic bk in 2011

Just still would've been nice if at least we got a Sonic X-like sendoff, half assed but still a sense of closure.

To be fair, Sonic X gives you a sense that there are more adventures, as per the TV series, which ultimately gets a proper closing. I don't think there was any way, given the current circumstances, that Archie could have given any kind of appropriate closure/send-off to the old storylines without making it just as rushed and unsatisfactory as the version of "Endangered Species" we got. The old continuity, while unceremoniously ripped away with so many great plots brewing, got a "mercy killing" in this sense. Had they continued in spite of what happened, people would be wondering and sending in letters asking why so-and-so hasn't showed up again which they can't talk about or explain to anybody and they'd have to continue clumsily writing around these characters to avoid more legal trouble from the likes of Penders and any other past creative that suddenly wants their piece of the Sonic pie. The reboot, much as I hate to admit it, was the best option in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation.

And it's a good thing SEGA and Capcom stepped in a year in advanced or else the book would of been endangered species for four more months

• Thumbs Up 1

On the topic of "Shadow Fall," new preview for #61 is out now at Comic Book Resources. Didn't see it posted on the front page yet, so I should probably pass it along to VEDJ-F.

Also, at least according to Diamond, it looks like SU#61 won't be hitting comic shops this week. Mostly likely next week, but they haven't updated yet. It'll probably hit comiXology on the original date... again.

Question-

I have read some of the story in the past and lost most of my comics ages ago. What is the best way to read some of the earlier ones and get caught up on the new ones without spending a whole ton of money? Are there graphic novels now or a place I can read 'em online?

Question-

I have read some of the story in the past and lost most of my comics ages ago. What is the best way to read some of the earlier ones and get caught up on the new ones without spending a whole ton of money? Are there graphic novels now or a place I can read 'em online?

Yeah you can buy the sonic archives each volumes has 4 issues in them

On the topic of "Shadow Fall," new preview for #61 is out now at Comic Book Resources. Didn't see it posted on the front page yet, so I should probably pass it along to VEDJ-F.

SU-61-RC-2-426f5.jpg

SU-61-RC-3-4a85c.jpg

SU-61-RC-4-e43e8.jpg

SU-61-RC-5-582c8.jpg

I feel like we're missing a page.

I actually prefer Death's by a wide margin, he doesn't have a stupid fucking starfish head at least.

Also, I think I've said this already, but I really love how Ian writes' Omega.

Yeesh. Did Eclipse just snap that guy's neck?

I actually prefer Death's by a wide margin, he doesn't have a stupid fucking starfish head at least.

Same here. I like that he has an actual mouth. It's so much nicer since he can emote more easily.

I prefer Doom's design more. Yeah, he had that ridiculous starfish head, but he looked a heck of a lot more menacing and mysterious than Death. And I'm not sure if it's just me, but Death doesn't really look like he belongs in the universe. I dunno, his design just looks strange to me. 

I prefer Doom's design more. Yeah, he had that ridiculous starfish head, but he looked a heck of a lot more menacing and mysterious than Death. And I'm not sure if it's just me, but Death doesn't really look like he belongs in the universe. I dunno, his design just looks strange to me.

I never thought any if the Black Arms belonged in universe, let alone Black Doom or the new Death guy. They seemed so way out of place even in the original game which itself seemed out of place. Was almost like they weren't intended for Sonic and were from a game that got dropped or something. Kinda like Iblis and the spawn in '06. They just seemed so not-Sonic'ish.

It's not just cause I don't like the monsters either, I mean Unleashed's Gaia monsters fitted in design and looked...I dunno...cartoony and Sonic'ish. '06 and Shadows creatures seemed too "real" in a loose term.

• Thumbs Up 2

As far as the Black Arms go, Eclipse is more along the lines of how I'd like Shadow to emote. Not that I don't like him being stoic, but I'd like Shadow to emote.

Really, that line of Eclipse "You and what army" sounds perfect for Shadow to say while he's thrashing places about.

I guess there's good news with those previews.  Shadow doesn't turn good again after the first two pages.  But Eclipse can't have neck snapped those guys did he?  I know this is a darker story, but it's still supposed to be suitable for kids.

I guess there's good news with those previews.  Shadow doesn't turn good again after the first two pages.  But Eclipse can't have neck snapped those guys did he?  I know this is a darker story, but it's still supposed to be suitable for kids.

I don't think he did that. It seems more like he "electrified" them from behind.

So eclipse single handedly knocked out the Archie cast and incase nobody knows what I'm talking about the spider trope are based off archie and friends

Captain Andrews-Archie

Cooper-Betty

Lodge-Veronica

Clayton-Chuck

Mantle-Reggie

• Thumbs Up 3

The GUN soldiers aren't dead, obviously. The solicit for part 4 mentions that Rouge and Omega try to save their comrades from Eclipse.

GoogleBooks showed the last preview page from the Shadow Fall pages posted here.

The GUN soldiers was just knocked out, not killed. 

...and they're gonna be baby-alien Food!